Hybrid View

Thanks

Post Requesting Help --> AQW Private Server

Okay, I've been stuck for a few days trying to figure this out. The tutorials and whatnot I've looked around for and read/watched either I either didn't comprehend or weren't as in depth as I'd like. I don't know if I'm just stupid or what, but hey, I figured making an account here and requesting the information I need would get me going in the right direction. Now, before I talk your ear off, I'm trying to make a private server for Adventure Quest Worlds. From what I understand it isn't necessarily very difficult to do. Here's a list of what I'm looking to do.

• How and where to get swf's so I can manage the customization of everything myself and not have to download private server files to work with.
    • Customize screens in maps such as the startup point in battleon, though I'm looking to edit more than just the starting screen.
    • Add NPCs, assign dialogue and give custom quests to be completed with drops like mana energy from mana golem (though again this is just an example).
    • Add own monsters that will drop a custom set gold/exp value as well as inventory items/quest drops.
    • Make my own shops so I can get rare items or ac items.

I think that about a covers it. I know doing the whole thing by myself from scratch is very tedious or whatever, but I'm kind of a do it myself kind of person and want to get into stuff like this. I'm really only doing this so I can do longer, horribly time consuming quests at a much faster rate, specifically juggernaut items of nulgath because the non member voucher seems to be the hardest thing in the world to come by. As well as the akrlioth pet. Just saying. Now, I don't care if you message me, post it under here, or what, but I need an in depth tutorial telling me exactly how to manage everything I'm trying to do. Preferably with pictures of how to do it step by step. I'm a pretty smart person, but no way am I be able to do this without the tutelage of one who knows what they're doing. I am by no means a self teacher. Please do not tell me to go somewhere else like youtube or something. If I'm asking in the wrong place, please tell me and I'll migrate elsewhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    /Moved to the correct section.

Thanks
    Have you used this tutorial? https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=780015
    It's just about the only one that I know of. @chibizs is the only knowledgeable private server guy I can remember.

Thanks
    Yeah I looked at this one and it was very helpful it explains the process pretty thoroughly but from what I saw it doesn't mention anything about how to edit anything like quest lines or enemy drops or anything like that, just how to set up the server. Unless I missed something at which point if you could point it out that would be great. Or direct me to some different, comprehensive tutorials on what I'm trying to do here. Like I said before I'm mainly trying to focus on quest lines and enemy drops. Oh and shops too. That's pretty important. Like for example umm how to set up a shop to just buy legion champion for a set gold amount without the requirements of completing the startup legion quests. But like Is aid, just an example. Sorry I'm rambling now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster_Juggernaut View Post
    Yeah I looked at this one and it was very helpful it explains the process pretty thoroughly but from what I saw it doesn't mention anything about how to edit anything like quest lines or enemy drops or anything like that, just how to set up the server. Unless I missed something at which point if you could point it out that would be great. Or direct me to some different, comprehensive tutorials on what I'm trying to do here. Like I said before I'm mainly trying to focus on quest lines and enemy drops. Oh and shops too. That's pretty important. Like for example umm how to set up a shop to just buy legion champion for a set gold amount without the requirements of completing the startup legion quests. But like Is aid, just an example. Sorry I'm rambling now.
    I'd be lying if I had any knowledge of private servers, I've never been interested looking into it. I have knowledge of a few programming languages and that's about it. But I'll try my best to help.

The only thing I think I can answer is your first bullet point. You grab AQW SWF's by using Google Chrome's developer tools.

Some other interesting posts you might want to check:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread...1#post11344368
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=962606
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=802321

And it looks like a twelve year old made this but it could be of use:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

Hunter (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    The thread for the meh tool wasn't very clear to me at first about what it did, so I downloaded it to see what it was and it's actually very useful. Thanks for the links. The database editor also looks like it may come in handy once I figure this all out.
    --------> Anybody else who reads this thread and feels helpful, I'm still needing help figuring this out. My brain is bad on comprehension when Im trying to learn things myself (as you could probably already tell when I said the meh tool thread wasn't clear at first), so like that's probably why none of the existing tutorials were helpful to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP. Assuming solved.

/Closed.