Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Lightbulb How to pick bot lane [Duo queue]

Hello guys. I play LoL from like early "1st" season and decided to help out some people which are still playing duo-queues (dynamic queue but you've got my point), especially in this thread, bot lane: marksman-support role. If this helps atleast one person, it's success and worth my time doing it.

Marksman [ADC]

[My rating]

Bad picks:
    Azir - it's kinda meh with full damage build, he will be deleted in teamfights easily.
    Jayce - he is strong, but that's all. His full potential can be showed in mid or top lane, not bot.
    Kennen - mobile champ, but he have bad ad-scaling. He is much better ap top/mid.
    Teemo - no escape at all, also ap is better bully.
    Urgot - if you are not asian, don't you dare to pick him. I mean, he is not bad, but I think like 99,99% of LoL community can't play him... so just don't.

Average picks:
    Corki - really small range and big mana costs if it goes for poke.
    Draven - this was really hard to write it here in this section, but he is really not mobile adc, that's why he's here.
    Jinx - same as Draven, her mobility comes only from kill/assist which is kinda worse than Draven.
    Kindred - early game with her is really hard. She can have more pressure if she is in jungle.
    Quinn - honestly, she is much stronger on top lane, since she can put more pressure on every lane and snowball games.
    Varus - again, immobile champion and kinda fall off this season.

Solid meta picks:
    Ashe - good early game poke, level 6 fight initiations, global ultimate.
    Caitlyn - godlike poke, have escape with traps (W) or jump-back with additional damage bonus(E), "global lasthit ultimate".
    Ezreal - good poke whole game, blue Ezreal is still working so pretty much if he is fed, it's unkillable (assasins shut up), global ultimate which affects whole enemy team.
    Graves - great burst, fast pusher, good 1v1 champion.
    Jhin - got stun (W), solid poke, his traps are invisible, "global ultimate".
    Kalista - can make good vision even without wards, have great teamfight potential.
    Kog'maw - good poke and even better burst.
    Lucian - good poke, good 1v1 champion and pusher.
    Miss Fortune - great poke, great teamfight champion, can work 1v2 really well
    Sivir - early game poke is awesome (Q), awesome combo for 1v1/1v2 (Q+W), ultimate for chasing or running away is great option to re-group.
    Tristana - great escape potential (even from assasins with R), fast tower pusher.
    Twitch - really good initiation champ, also "assasin" marksman with his Q or it could be used as escape.
    Vayne - good 1v1/2v2 champ, great ad scaling and really great pick for mid/late game fights.

Support

[My rating]

Bad picks:
    Anivia - she need sustain to do something and let's be honest, what support knows how to play mid-laner. (Not many can play Anivia tho)
    Heimerdinger - if you don't wanna steal your adc farm just don't pick him as supp. Go for top/mid lane so your turrets can do their work right.
    Orianna - so squishy and she is not that useful in mid/late game without damage.
    Syndra - never ever saw that as support, so yea, it's not that awesome. Can't really support/buff or anything else, your adc = useless.
    Taliyah - just DON'T pick this champion. One word: WEAK. (You might protest, but I am writting about supports not mid laners and yea, this was listed as support for some reason.)

Average picks:
    Ashe - I just laughed really hard there, she has great poke and can save your adc ass with ult easily.
    Blitzcrank - Great for early game kills, but when your team is behind, he is useless.
    Fiddlesticks - Fear and silence are awesome things for support. He is in this group because he is so squishy and tbh, he doesn't have real escape.
    Kayle - Heal and ultimate are great but her E is useless if she doesn't have damage.
    Lux - Well... yes. This is here because she is so immobile as well, if she misses combo and your adc goes in...rip. She is better on mid.
    Nami - She's not that awesome this season.
    Nunu - Tanky and have good annoying poke but not real initiation nor escape.
    Tahm Kench - This champ is easy to play but hard to master so yeah, better play him on top lane. He is better front line AND dmg dealer than support.
    Zyra - Immobile and if she doesn't go ap in mid/late game, she can't do anything in teamfights. (personal experience)

Solid meta picks:
    Alistar - Awesome initiation, great dive potential.
    Annie - It's one of those champions which everyone hates on almost every lane.
    Bard - Great lane bully, can just hold enemy back line or front line with his ult.
    Braum - Awesome initiation, good poke, good dive potential.
    Janna - Shields, slows, heals - annoying and great. She can save life with almost every spell.
    Karma - Poke and shields, with stun = great aggressive support.
    Leona - Great early game powerspike, awesome initiation and can perma-stun delete any squishy champ.
    Lulu - Good poke, great trade 2v2 potential, awesome ultimate/shield combo in teamfights.
    Morgana - Looooong Q "stun", so 2v2 is awesome, also can help with E, so your adc won't get stunned, awesome ultimate in teamfights.
    Sona - Early game poke, teamfight potential is great with her ultimate
    Soraka - Heals, heals everywhere. And can pretty much bully enemy with her Q.
    Taric - Awesome teamfight champ, early game is kinda hard if he does not land any stun.
    Thresh - Great to catch enemy out of position and make plays with jungler (lantern opop), 2 slows are also helpful (E + R).
    Zilean - Stun + damage and ressurect one champ in teamfight is awesome. He also have slow for enemy or speed up for adc. Is your adc behind by level? Zilean says: "No problem, bro. I will give you free exp".

Pick it, to win it

Bully lane combo

Braum - Miss Fortune
    Aggressive, yet really high-damage dealer combo. Spam MF's E and Braum's Q. This combo can be played also in teamfights, just mash your R really hard. xD

Braum - Lucian
    Lucian's passive make him really great in bullying enemy. Can also make R+R teamfight combo.

Leona - Tristana/Caitlyn
    Level 2 powerspike and you can easily burn a lot of enemy summoner spells or even get a kill.

Alistar/Morgana - Sivir
    Again level 2 powerspike and same as with Leona - Trist/Cait combo, easy kill or burned enemy summs.

Lulu - Caitlyn
    Cait Q + Lulu's speed boost on Cait + her Q through Cait it's really annoying combo. Also can make some plays with Lulu ulti in teamfights!

Safe and aggressive

Janna - Vayne
    Working really well whether u are aggressive or trying to run away.

Thresh - Kalista
    Thresh's hook and Kalista's ultimate can make really great combo or really great escape.

Morgana - Jhin
    Stuns, stuns everywhere. Also black shield and traps are great.

Soraka - Ezreal/Twitch
    They can also be classified as bully but you can play them safe too. Remember: Soraka in back line is just freaking annoying.

Surprise

Leona - Ashe/Draven
    Ultimate (R) combo and burst is really hard to predict.

Bard - Caitlyn
    Bard uses angles = stun and well, you will be surprised how much damage you can deal when your enemy is double-stunned (Cait, just don't forget on your W).

Thresh - Tristana
    +random jungler with thrown lantern. Trist can jump behind enemy and use ult to make some good easy pick.

Karma - Sivir
    Double-ult combo? No problem!

Annie - Graves/Kog'maw
    Burst as hell.

Having fun
    [All combos listed down below are playable, but try it in normals first. Play it at ur own risk at rankeds. You can be easily reported if you fail that.]

Blitzcrank - Alistar
    One of the best combos I've ever played with my friend.

Blitzcrank - Thresh
    Adc Thresh isn't that bad but buy Statik/BOTRK first.

Morgana - Lux
    Well, this is really, really easy to play combo. Time your bindings right and you will destroy enemy bot lane.

Cassiopea - Twitch
    Twitch's poison works with Cassiopea's sooo... have fun. xD

Nautilus - Volibear
    One good hook = burned summs or kill. Both should buy Relic Shield for sustain!

------------
    Not sure what to add next, so... if you have any other ideas, just feel free to let me know!
    Last edited by Hunter; 06-18-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Requested.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Very nice tutorial, the Lucian Braum description is very nice as that is what my friend and I do if I'm bot most of the time

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Very nice tutorial, the Lucian Braum description is very nice as that is what my friend and I do if I'm bot most of the time
    Hope it helps you somehow

Anyway, can someone edit my post and add one more section?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverload View Post

Yes, I can. What section do you want to be added to the OP?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Add under whole "Surprise" section this, please:

Having fun
    [All combos listed down below are playable, but try it in normals first. Play it at ur own risk at rankeds. You can be easily reported if you fail that.]

Blitzcrank - Alistar
    One of the best combos I've ever played with my friend.

Blitzcrank - Thresh
    Adc Thresh isn't that bad but buy Statik/BOTRK first.

Morgana - Lux
    Well, this is really, really easy to play combo. Time your bindings right and you will destroy enemy bot lane.

Cassiopea - Twitch
    Twitch's poison works with Cassiopea's sooo... have fun. xD

Nautilus - Volibear
    One good hook = burned summs or kill. Both should buy Relic Shield for sustain!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Has been done. Let me know if you need anything else. Nice guide by the way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Has been done. Let me know if you need anything else. Nice guide by the way.
    Thanks a lot Hunter.
    Last edited by Hunter; 06-16-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Thanks a lot Hunter.
    No problem, anytime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

It has, if only my partner could get angles right with the ice tho
    Last edited by Hunter; 06-16-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    It has, if only my partner could get angles right with the ice tho
    That's why I don't recommend Anivia supp to supp mains xD

Thanks
    Nice guide !

But I have a question, don't you think that Leona / MF could be a good botlane too when you're in duoQ? ( Only in duoQ, because in soloQ, just have to pick God Tier champs ) Because I know that they aren't God / Top tier champs, but the double R is just.. zdjeskevlgkcndhk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarioum View Post
    Nice guide !

But I have a question, don't you think that Leona / MF could be a good botlane too when you're in duoQ? ( Only in duoQ, because in soloQ, just have to pick God Tier champs ) Because I know that they aren't God / Top tier champs, but the double R is just.. zdjeskevlgkcndhk.
    Lemme see... When I was duo-ing with my friend on bot lane, it was like 99% chance they're premade bot-laners as well. So, Leona/MF might be good, but honestly? Bard or Braum will totally destroy Leona's lvl 2 powerspike. Leona/MF combo is good in normals, where you can play really ...anything, but in higher elo games that's like not Leona players at all. It's really rare to see her because she is so predictible, that's why I recommend to pick something...more comfortable.
    Also, if your friend or you (not sure who plays supp there) are Leona mains, sure pick her, why not

No problem, anytime.
    Eyy, one more combo pair here! xD
    Copy this please in Bully lane combo section:
    (not sure which green color it was, so please fix it T_T)
    Lulu - Caitlyn
    Cait Q + Lulu's speed boost on Cait + her Q through Cait it's really annoying combo. Also can make some plays with Lulu ulti in teamfights!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Eyy, one more combo pair here! xD
    Copy this please in Bully lane combo section:
    (not sure which green color it was, so please fix it T_T)
    Lulu - Caitlyn
    Has been done.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Has been done.
    Thank you very much

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Thank you very much
    My pleasure, glad I could help. Pretty nice guide by the way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast