Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

What should i do with my dead cards?

So my SLI'd Asus GTX 580's finally died after 6 years. (visual issues)

Basically what it does is... when you start the PC sometimes the drivers do not boot up, you gotta restart the computer many times to get them started up.

When you're a couple minutes into using the PC (like 10-15m) it will go black with the website i'm not switched all up in colors.

After, the computer just goes to sleep and you gotta restart it and you gotta deal with the driver issue.

Before anyone says to downgrade the drivers or something. Tried. Updated them to the newest, downgraded them to a stable version.

Also they have shot fans (bad fans). One of the cards is actually not shot but the other one has terrible fans with alot of restriction.

What should i do with them? right now they collect dust in my closet next to my 1070 box.
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Recycle them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lupin For This Useful Post:

Kiesa- (07-15-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    are they like totally unusable? you can still mine alt coins with graphic cards. google them

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    Recycle them
    Mm they could be repaired people have said. I could consider it if so. It's always good toe back up cards and that's what I mainly want to keep them for. There not toasted. Just shot, not booting up the drivers and drivers completely crashing is the only issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeFanatic View Post
    are they like totally unusable? you can still mine alt coins with graphic cards. google them
    ^^^. .

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Drama View Post
    Mm they could be repaired people have said. I could consider it if so. It's always good toe back up cards and that's what I mainly want to keep them for. There not toasted. Just shot, not booting up the drivers and drivers completely crashing is the only issue

- - - Updated - - -

^^^. .
    They probs can be fixed, but is it worth spending money that is most likely gonna be worth more than the cards?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    They probs can be fixed, but is it worth spending money that is most likely gonna be worth more than the cards?
    Idk if it would be it and if I fix it then I could sell it for more $. Keep in mind, these two cards is the #1 best 580 out there. Atleast hundreds of people have said so. I also think so. They ran so hard. Overclocked them for so long and just pushed them to there best point. I'll post a pic of these bad boys when I get home

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Have you tried baking then in an oven?
    Jk don't do that, it's a LTT joke. I mean you can try if you don't want to repair them otherwise XD. Although if you think it's a software issue then there's no point.
    If you're just going to get rid of them, you could try to get any precious metals off them, althoughyou won't get much. You could just think of it as a project to do, have a different experience, you know?
    01110000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100010 01101001 01101110 01010011 01000100 01110010 01000100 01010111 00110111 01110001 01110110

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchguns View Post
    Have you tried baking then in an oven?
    Jk don't do that, it's a LTT joke. I mean you can try if you don't want to repair them otherwise XD. Although if you think it's a software issue then there's no point.
    If you're just going to get rid of them, you could try to get any precious metals off them, althoughyou won't get much. You could just think of it as a project to do, have a different experience, you know?
    maybe get a crap PC, slice the board and plug it in? sparks? fire? profit?

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'll buy them off you. Add me on skype.

I'll have a use for them so at least they'll be used.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    If they are useless or unusable then recycle them.
    If you can fix them the sell them, that would be better.
    History
    Member - 12 June 2016 - N/A

Premium Member - 14 August 2016 - N/A
    News Force Sports News - 17 September 2016 - 24 July 2017
    Premium Seller - 23 September 2016 - N/A

News Force Gaming News - 24 July 2017
    STILL ALIVE!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by jdxt View Post
    I'll buy them off you. Add me on skype.

I'll have a use for them so at least they'll be used.
    Lmao, maybe yeah i'll add you but i'm not gonna sell them to you right away.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Lmao, maybe yeah i'll add you but i'm not gonna sell them to you right away.
    Unless you can diagnose repair graphics cards, you haven't got any use for them right? As long as power goes to them good enough for me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Unless you can diagnose repair graphics cards, you haven't got any use for them right? As long as power goes to them good enough for me.
    Ummm, you can't do shit on these cards. You are a few minutes into using the PC and then colors appear on the screen and the PC goes to sleep completely.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ummm, you can't do shit on these cards. You are a few minutes into using the PC and then colors appear on the screen and the PC goes to sleep completely.
    As long as power goes to them they can be used for other things (not BTC mining).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

As long as power goes to them they can be used for other things (not BTC mining).
    Like what? i'm really just interested in what you're gonna do with it.

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast