Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AceWizz View Post
    How can I delete this post? I can't find the delete button.
    Why would you like this Thread deleted? Its a good one, one of those where we see the difference in people and their minds.

Thanks
    "You can't defend your religion or it's violent views, as predicted. It's really pathetic that you worship something you either don't understand or won't admit to knowing about. You are either blind or evil and I wish you luck and peace in the middle east." - Lunatic
    I think you misunderstood, I am 16 and I'm still learning about my religion, I have decided to back out of the argument because I don't want to mis-represent Islam, which is obviously what many muslims are doing, ISIS etc. I'm not blind, or evil and I don't live in the middle east. I've lived in Europe for a very long time and I've never seen people this antagonistic. And also I meant to delete my comment, not the post, my bad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    "You can't defend your religion or it's violent views, as predicted. It's really pathetic that you worship something you either don't understand or won't admit to knowing about. You are either blind or evil and I wish you luck and peace in the middle east." - Lunatic
    I think you misunderstood, I am 16 and I'm still learning about my religion, I have decided to back out of the argument because I don't want to mis-represent Islam, which is obviously what many muslims are doing, ISIS etc. I'm not blind, or evil and I don't live in the middle east. I've lived in Europe for a very long time and I've never seen people this antagonistic. And also I meant to delete my comment, not the post, my bad.
    Don't confuse Religion and Education. They are not the same thing.

Thanks
    I meant to delete my comment, not the post, my bad.
    No problem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Muslims arent the problem

Islam is the problem

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

polytheists means to believe in multiple gods, and in Islam aswell as Judaism there is only one god, so in the quran the one god is Allah and if you don't believe in Allah it's basically saying that Islamist should kill you.

that's my interpretation atleast, it could also be saying kill all none believers so it's basically the same thing i said up there

btw those things online where people say "would u hug a muslim blah blah" drive me insane, they're idiotic and a cry for help/views/popularity

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post

Don't confuse Religion and Education. They are not the same thing.
    Once again, you are misunderstanding. I'm in an American school, I don't learn about Islam or any religion, that's education. I was talking about my personal life, where I am learning about Islam outside of school buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sterolight View Post
    Muslims arent the problem

Islam is the problem

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

polytheists means to believe in multiple gods, and in Islam aswell as Judaism there is only one god, so in the quran the one god is Allah and if you don't believe in Allah it's basically saying that Islamist should kill you.

that's my interpretation atleast, it could also be saying kill all none believers so it's basically the same thing i said up there

btw those things online where people say "would u hug a muslim blah blah" drive me insane, they're idiotic and a cry for help/views/popularity
    "that's my interpretation atleast" it's not just yours buddy, but it's the interpretation of all the critics of Islam, and it's quite a common quote to use against it as well. I don't blame you for attempting to manipulate the readers, because you probably just found this quote on your favorite anti-Islam-ic website. Anyways, after doing a tiny bit of research on that verse, it seems that you completely left out major parts of it.

According to you and the rest of the critics, this verse allows the muslims to kill a pagan, or a non-muslim, anywhere and at anytime. This verse (9:5) is taken completely out of context, if you took your time to read the rest of the verses in that section, I wouldn't be here telling you that you just got brainwashed. Let's just take a look at a few verses of that section because I don't want to waste my time or yours (https://quran.com/9/1); in (9:1), the Quran states "[This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allah and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists." which means that there was a treaty between the Pagans and the Muslims, and in (9:4) it states that Allah will punish those who broke the treaty, and only those who broke the treaty, but not the ones who abided by it. Then in (9:5)(the verse you used against me) it is clear that it is about the war between the Muslims and the Pagan Arabs (who broke the treaty) and then after that in (9:13) it states, "Would you not fight the people who broke their oaths and determined to expel the Messenger, and they had begun to attack you first?" which is further evidence that the Muslims did not start the war. This is a fine example of, pardon my language, scumbags that love to take shit out of context. Ofcourse, I was able to respond to you with further research, like I've stated to @Lunatic, that I am still learning more and more about my religion because I'm still young. I just really wish that you would read the text surrounding the violent verses to understand the story, like wtf, didn't they teach you this at school? to know what your topic is about before establishing an opinion? whatever. English is not my first language so I'm sorry for any mistakes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AceWizz For This Useful Post:

sterolight (07-24-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Once again, you are misunderstanding. I'm in an American school, I don't learn about Islam or any religion, that's education. I was talking about my personal life, where I am learning about Islam outside of school buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

"that's my interpretation atleast" it's not just yours buddy, but it's the interpretation of all the critics of Islam, and it's quite a common quote to use against it as well. I don't blame you for attempting to manipulate the readers, because you probably just found this quote on your favorite anti-Islam-ic website. Anyways, after doing a tiny bit of research on that verse, it seems that you completely left out major parts of it.

According to you and the rest of the critics, this verse allows the muslims to kill a pagan, or a non-muslim, anywhere and at anytime. This verse (9:5) is taken completely out of context, if you took your time to read the rest of the verses in that section, I wouldn't be here telling you that you just got brainwashed. Let's just take a look at a few verses of that section because I don't want to waste my time or yours (https://quran.com/9/1); in (9:1), the Quran states "[This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allah and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists." which means that there was a treaty between the Pagans and the Muslims, and in (9:4) it states that Allah will punish those who broke the treaty, and only those who broke the treaty, but not the ones who abided by it. Then in (9:5)(the verse you used against me) it is clear that it is about the war between the Muslims and the Pagan Arabs (who broke the treaty) and then after that in (9:13) it states, "Would you not fight the people who broke their oaths and determined to expel the Messenger, and they had begun to attack you first?" which is further evidence that the Muslims did not start the war. This is a fine example of, pardon my language, scumbags that love to take shit out of context. Ofcourse, I was able to respond to you with further research, like I've stated to @Lunatic, that I am still learning more and more about my religion because I'm still young. I just really wish that you would read the text surrounding the violent verses to understand the story, like wtf, didn't they teach you this at school? to know what your topic is about before establishing an opinion? whatever. English is not my first language so I'm sorry for any mistakes.
    i really appreciate you for explaining this to me it has definitely opened my eyes to look more into things

thank you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why are there such big gaps in each of the verses you quoted? How do I know you didn't just take them out of context to make the first verse seem justified?

Thanks

Also, why are there such big gaps in each of the verses you quoted? How do I know you didn't just take them out of context to make the first verse seem justified?
    Alright where can I get started, hm... . That fact of "270 million kills" from "Islam" doesn't make sense to me because I can easily pile up the deaths caused by the USA throughout the world wars, after the world wars (with Iraq,etc.) and also other Christian countries, and then just combine all these countries and label them as "Christianity" (I also forgot to mention that a major part of Nazi Germany was Christian, population was 67% protestant, 33% catholic). But that's not important because you asked me a question and now I will answer it. If you took your time to read my post like other normal people would, I clearly posted a link in my post that led to the Quran section 9, which had all the verses that I included and also the ones didn't mention. Also, I clearly stated "Let's just take a look at a few verses of that section because I don't want to waste my time or yours"
    Last edited by AceWizz; 07-24-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

And Christians have not done the same terrible acts? If anything Christians were responsible for the dark ages and only when the enlightenment happened were we able to progress as a people. Don't confuse yourself.

All religion is evil and equally responsible for the bad things in the world, and your weird niche for picking out just one religion really disturbs me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Alright where can I get started, hm... . That fact of "270 million kills" from "Islam" doesn't make sense to me because I can easily pile up the deaths caused by the USA throughout the world wars, after the world wars (with Iraq,etc.) and also other Christian countries, and then just combine all these countries and label them as "Christianity" (I also forgot to mention that a major part of Nazi Germany was Christian, population was 67% protestant, 33% catholic). But that's not important because you asked me a question and now I will answer it. If you took your time to read my post like other normal people would, I clearly posted a link in my post that led to the Quran section 9, which had all the verses that I included and also the ones didn't mention. Also, I clearly stated "Let's just take a look at a few verses of that section because I don't want to waste my time or yours"

Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post

And Christians have not done the same terrible acts? If anything Christians were responsible for the dark ages and only when the enlightenment happened were we able to progress as a people. Don't confuse yourself.

All religion is evil and equally responsible for the bad things in the world, and your weird niche for picking out just one religion really disturbs me.

America is not a Christian nation. There is no god or set religion here... Please continue talking out of your asses.

Also I am not Christian.
    Last edited by Lunatic; 07-24-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

America is not a Christian nation. There is no god or set religion here... Please continue talking out of your asses.

Also I am not Christian.
    I am aware you're not a christian and I've also noted your opinions on religion in general. I've just noticed your hate-boner for Islam and I find it disturbing seeing as how all religion is equally bad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post

I am aware you're not a christian and I've also noted your opinions on religion in general. I've just noticed your hate-boner for Islam and I find it disturbing seeing as how all religion is equally bad.
    Jews and Christians haven't been committing terrorists acts recently, but who is? You guess it, Muslims.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Jews and Christians haven't been committing terrorists acts recently, but who is? You guess it, Muslims.
    Yeah you're right Christians havent been invading third world countries and crying after instigating all their current problems.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

Frought (07-25-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by G_spawn View Post
    ''As a Muslim, I'm so freakin evil.'' We dont know. As stated its not our job figure out if you are or not.
    I'm telling you m8. I'm so evil.

As I already said, In our out of context it means what it means. Please do share, as I know you can't defend them. Also, if you are Muslim, there's a high probability of you being an evil piece of shit, you're right about that.
    Yeah, I am. As you're a trump supporter, you're 100% racist and there's no probability on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Israel is not a Jewish country and U.S invading Iraq was just a movie and Britain, Italian and French conquering Middle East 100-200 years ago was just a nightmare.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast