Thread: SLI or naw?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
    Or let's make it easier and say no SLI. SLI's anyway something that's painful to manage if you have hundreds of game. Each and every game responds differently to SLI. Some use it, some just let the 2nd GPU run idle.

I agree, running single cards are 100% less of a hassle lol. No doubt. My dual 580s were a bitch
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Don't do SLI batman, only more troubles and time consuming for every game (SLI profiles and etc)

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. […] My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, millennium-it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
    -The Sith Emperor

Member - 06.05.2010
    Premium Member - 08.12.2015
    News Force - 24.10.2016 / 26.03.2018
    Publicist - 06.12.2017 / XX.XX.2018
    Battlefield Minion - 23.12.2017
    GTA Minion - 23.01.2018

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    @Drama The fury x used to be a fucking shit that's true, but now it's a better card (it was using experimental drivers for almost a year fucking shit), and it performs like a 980 ti, sometimes the 980 ti is better (on games that are optimized for nvidia) and sometimes the fury x is better (games like hitman). Getting a non ti 980 is a bad idea it's not worth it.

Using the top cards is better for sli, but yeah you can even do a sli with 1060s.

No lol the 1070 is a fucking good card, i love it, it costs like a 970 (a little bit more than a 970 here) and shit... It's better than the 980 ti and the fury x. Probably the best card you can buy, (the 1080 is better i know but the 1070 should be enough for everything).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by enough007 View Post
    Using the top cards is better for sli, but yeah you can even do a sli with 1060s.
    I hope you're joking....Either that or you haven't paid attention to NVidia's changes.

Getting a non ti 980 is a bad idea it's not worth it.
    I actually own a 980. Was before the 980Ti hit the market. Too bad I couldn't have waited for the great beast.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
    I hope you're joking....Either that or you haven't paid attention to NVidia's changes.

I actually own a 980. Was before the 980Ti hit the market. Too bad I couldn't have waited for the great beast.
    I haven't paid attention to the changes xD Is the SLI technology better now?
    On the 900 series getting a 980 instead of 2x 970s was recommended even if the 970 SLI was slightly better. And buying 980 was not recommended so, 980 ti sli.

Yeah many people have the 980 because of that, i won't buy a 1080 until the 1080 ti is out just in case. And if slis are better now shit i'll buy 2 xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I haven't paid attention to the changes xD Is the SLI technology better now?
    1060s don't have SLI Capability.

Yeah many people have the 980 because of that, i won't buy a 1080 until the 1080 ti is out just in case.
    Ti or nothing!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    @enough007 Yeah the DX12 NON BRIDGE SLI ? THAT rarely games are supporting? and i'm sure NVIDIA and AMD Would not support this as if it would work on two 1060's, it would crash sales for nvidia. probably AMD to.
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    If you can Afford to go SLI The hell yeah. I Will be doing it later this year or next year when new games come out

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingfrog View Post
    If you can Afford to go SLI The hell yeah.
    As stated before, it's much more intelligent if you get a 1080 and SLI those instead of SLI'ing 1070s. They do have capability for SLI, but it's still a hassle to do everything with the games so that it uses the SLI Functionality. Some games support it horribly, some games support it excellently. The best thing to do is wait until DX12 will become the mainstream, seeing as then the Drivers will have to do the SLI'ing through PCIe Slots instead of the SLI Bridge we're all currently dependent on. Oh and single cards are just much more reliable, seeing as you pay more then twice for the cards and get around a 30% Increase, and that's only if you're lucky enough for the game to use the SLI Bridge and therefore the second card, else it's just completely pointless.

Long story short, you should just do SLI with High-End Cards like the 1080 or Titan X Pascal, seeing as you're paying less (At least here) for more stability and less of a headache. (Oh and did I mention that SLI is Really, REALLY, REALLLLLYYY unreliable? Because that's a very strong point there. Especially if you want to play older games (MAFIA or Vice City or even San Andreas) you won't be able to get the true SLI Increase out of it, and there's even a problem where you get microstuttering)
    When people say they have built their own PC.

Thanks
    Definitely do it! Two 1070 are way better than one 1080 and two 1080s are even better but of course more expensive

Thanks
    You will not need a second 1070 unless you are planning (100%) to get a 4k monitor, or some ultra widescreen.
    1070 is fine for 1440p gaming and such, SLI horsepower only is good for 4k and better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12