Thanks

script runtime error in Windows 10

Greetings, I have a legal copy or CODWAW with key that runs fine on Windows 10. At least until it gets to the " regroup with your squad " at the artillery piece in the cave overlooking the ships at sea on Peleliu. It stops there and won't let me proceed. I thought maybe this problem could be resolved by updating all patches, 1.2 through 1.7, which I did. This, however, caused a different problem with the following error message:

script runtime error
    (see console for details)
    ClientSysSetState-state index (5) unregistered. Use
    ClientSysRegister first

when I picked up where I had left off in the game at the beginning of the Russian section, it froze and gave the above message a few seconds into the narrative of the three German soldiers. I then went back to the very beginning and was able to restart the game and have not gotten any errors so far in the first section.
    I hope I'm not breaking protocol by asking for help on this site, but I didn't where to go. If this is the wrong place, please forgive me and point me in the right direction. If this is the right place. I would like any help anyone can give. Thanks.
    Av8ter

Thanks
    type developer 1 in the console, then make it throw that error again, its pretty specific when it tells you the answer. try a reinstall as well
    LEEEEEEROY JEEEEENKINS