Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    hanging from ya girls ceiling fan whaddup
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Mental Illnesses

Mental illnesses affect about 1 in every 4 adult person. For every 100,000 people in The United States, an estimated 12.1% of people die to suicide. More than 90 percent of people who kill themselves have a diagnosable mental disorder, most commonly a depressive disorder or a substance abuse disorder.

Knowing this, what are your thoughts upon mental illnesses? Have you had any experience with a mental illness or know anyone that has?

This is a thread to question the thoughts of others and gain opinions and ideas of the general community. Everyone is welcome for any 2 cents thrown in.
    bonk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moose For This Useful Post:

Charion (08-06-2016),Kate (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I've dealt with depression, about the only thing that helps me is just getting out of the house with some friends, one of the reasons why I appreciate MPGH so much.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luis For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    I've dealt with depression, about the only thing that helps me is just getting out of the house with some friends, one of the reasons why I appreciate MPGH so much.
    Exactly the same here. Before I started going out and riding bmx I was dealing with depression. Being around friends is probably the most important part of dealing with depression unlike what "professionals" say.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jsd93q24hjmjladmsnherna12 For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    To be honest I'm depressed, I've seen mental illness, it's very sad imagine that you can't even help

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tae For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Music influences me very easily. I got depressed by music, I got happy by music.

I can't say much about it, but knowing Swiss Media, they go absolutely mental if somebody commits suicide in any way. The most recent one I still remember was during Christmas when somebody jumped in front of a Local Rapid Transit Train. Driver got mentally scarred because he hit the metal front and blood splattered across the windscreen, the body was found in pieces stuck between the wheels, chassis and tracks.

I find it sad, but in Christmas there's ALWAYS bound to happen that at least one does that here because of depression and loneliness. I just accept it. You can't change it. He would've committed suicide just later rather then Christmas.
    When people say they have built their own PC.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkyr For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

hanging from ya girls ceiling fan whaddup
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
    I just accept it. You can't change it. He would've committed suicide just later rather then Christmas.
    Do you not believe there is any method of prevention if he was given the support he had needed?
    bonk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    Do you not believe there is any method of prevention if he was given the support he had needed?
    It was reported that he had already for multiple months depression and was in hospital multiple times for attempted suicide and was in rehab to recover and so he can get out of the strong depression he had. But it seemingly wasn't enough as he then jumped in front of the train.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkyr For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    well when i am depressed i listen to Quran

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vice For This Useful Post:

Default (08-06-2016),moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    the stats can't be right. running the numbers everyone on here has a mental illness.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JDXT For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    When I'm depressed/stressed I just listen to Metallica, Black Sabbath, Pantera, ACDC, GnR, Nirvana, Maiden, Sether, DOWN, . Just have a good time, turn the volume max up on my Diamondboxx and just leave all shitty out of my way.
    Last edited by Drama; 08-06-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Drama For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I've had to deal with depression for 4-5 years, and yes I have gone to a doctor, but I haven't told him about it, because I'm fearful he'll just end up giving me pills which I seriously hate to take unless its anything like a headache or a fever... This first appeared when I broke up with my girlfriend who I had 4 years ago... And my now ex girlfriend said it'll go away eventually and shit like that, yeah I can clearly see that, she also said or did something to me to get a job, it has helped a bit but not enough, but now I have 1-2 friends from my work and they both are great... All I'll say, Depression isn't fun... =/
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Charion For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    All I'll say, Depression isn't fun...
    It never is fun. But something that keeps me away from Depression is to stand up and walk around outside. May it be going to the nearest City or walking through the forest listening to some happy music. Getting a job helps. Focusing on work and doing the ordinary, I suppose. Working out works for me as well, but seeing as I'm not fit in general I gave that up very fast.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkyr For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdxt View Post
    the stats can't be right. running the numbers everyone on here has a mental illness.
    Cocksuckers are an exception for some other illness.
    nice.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealMakan For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
    It never is fun. But something that keeps me away from Depression is to stand up and walk around outside. May it be going to the nearest City or walking through the forest listening to some happy music. Getting a job helps. Focusing on work and doing the ordinary, I suppose. Working out works for me as well, but seeing as I'm not fit in general I gave that up very fast.
    I do workout too, it isn't as easy as I first anticipated, but I will get through with it... I've been working for 3 months now (practice) - and it depends whatever or not I will get the job at the end of this month. It's really hard to deal with depression especially when there is none around only your family, but I can't talk to them about it, cos they'll just be complete assholes (that is what I think, I know parents wish best for their kids) - I did something to myself 1-2 years ago which has left its mark, and whenever I look at it, it gives me this small grave to do it more, but scaring myself physically is so bad but I did it to deal with the pain / depression.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Charion For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I've been working for 3 months now (practice)
    Keep it up! Not only do you manage to push away depression bit by bit, but you get great health and a good body by the time depression goes away.

It depends whatever or not I will get the job at the end of this month.
    Well there's always the more dangerous stuff you can do if you run into trouble economically.

It's really hard to deal with depression especially when there is none around only your family, but I can't talk to them about it, cos they'll just be complete assholes
    I was in the exact same situation, but in the end I still told them it and they supported me full way through. Just tell them, they WILL support you. After all, it's family.

I did something to myself 1-2 years ago which has left its mark, and whenever I look at it, it gives me this small grave to do it more, but scaring myself physically is so bad but I did it to deal with the pain / depression.
    I was considering doing stuff multiple times but I always got into the bright side of viewing. I know how it feels though, to have something 'started' and wanting to end it. Trust me, you don't. There's A LOT more you still have to 'explore' and giving up already is the wrong thing to do.

PS: To ease the pain, listen to some happy music, it always helped me and keeps me away from depression.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkyr For This Useful Post:

moose (08-06-2016)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast