Thread: Avatar Review

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

This is my critical review on avatar, keep in mind i'm very skeptical about my movies.

Alrighty lets get this show on the road.

Plot/story
    I'm sure all of you have heard about how its "not original" and how it is very graphic oriented. All the critics say that its visuals are stunning and that its plot is boring. Well here is what i say, FUCK THEM. That is utter fucking BULLSHIT. Now listen, I'm not going to lie to you, the story does heavily resemble Pocahontas, but then again it was a disney movie made way way back, things change. So basically it just "generally" resembles it, more on the general idea, not the theme or the action. So without the breathtaking visuals, yes it would be less of a movie, but then again, if i took out the visuals of the matrix and put in pixar-type, it would be a lot different. So the plot IS intriguing, and well, i fucking loved it. Now i HATED with all my heart the movies that resemble this: Battle for Terra, Pocahontas(rly not a big fan), and blah blah.

Visuals
    Ok let me say that this movie blows every fucking piece of shit movie you ever saw out of the water. I mean sky high skullfucking it into a choke slam. Here is an example: Take advent children, on HD.(basically any video game cut scene or HD moment in a movie) yeah, take that, multiply it by 100 and THEN add 3d. Now, people honestly don't know how much effort it takes to make these visuals, and the time it would take to make a 2.5 hour movie with HD-3D visuals surpassing every known HD moment known to man. The average man or women will say "aw that cute or cool" but i know that they worked their ass off to make such a beautiful picture. The picture is absolutely 100% the best so far, and its actually a shame people don't realize this. The characters are fucking INSANELY accurate. Not your average pixar cgi(i luv pixar btw) its more like the took that guys face and added blue skin(which they didn't but u know).

Characters
    Alright, there is a lot of characters, all who i actually REMEMBER, which is a first for a longer movie. So i'm going to discuss the ones i feel needed.(I luv tem all tho)
    General Badass.
    Name says it all. You see him liftin weights, running through explosions, and generally everything he does makes him a badass. Although he is the "bad guy" he is still what i see as makes the perfect marine.
    Main blue guy
    Since there is like 3 different names he goes by, i'll call him that. Now he is THANKFULLY not a fucking wimp like all these other main characters i see today. He is a marine, a soldier, and a man. Now, i'll be frank, the emotion showed, is fucking amazing for a CGI movie. He perfectly plays this role, and is pretty cool.
    Main blue chick
    I actually remembered her name, but forgot how to spell it >_<. Anyway, although she is a little "tribal", she is much, MUCH more cooler than Pocahontas. Watch the movie to see.

Alright my FAVORITE part of this review thing is recommendations, so without further adeu.

-If you like visuals-see.
    -If your okay with a story thats not a twist at every turn(well plot wise).-see
    -If you think this movie sucks-see(then come back to me, oh tech n9ne).

You also want to see this in the biggest screen, in 3d. It is still ok in 2d, but 3d just makes the movie have 10x better visuals since its not red and blue outlined, its real 3d.

Ok, i don't usually do this on my reviews, but whoever see's this movie and does NOT like it, tell me why.(i really want to know).

Overall rating 9.8(near perfection)

GO SEE THIS MOVIE, ITS FUCKING AMAZING. Really if two words described it, fucking amazing is the only that come to mind.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Kamikaze (12-18-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    I fucking hated pocahontas, i now think twice about watching this movie.
    Thanks for the review brother.
    Latest:
    [img]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/collabLAVA.png[/img]

GIFTS
    [iKnow][Hyak][Haze][VIRUS][MMD][Czar][Nickkk][Energy]

[img]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/SOTW-Trophies_04.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    If kamikazes sig had a dick, id suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    yea im mad

Thanks
    Thanks all for contributing to this thread. Lots to read in this forum but I like it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I watched it in 3D and it was A W E S O M E!
    I liked it much, the actors were good, the effects were very good, awesome, the best so far made.

The colorful world of Pandorra (Pandora) was very beautiful.

The movie contains all.

Love,action,friendship etc...just ALL

Great job James Cameron..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    every1 shud see it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    lol its a good movie

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    move needed more mech action

I AM GUNDAM!

idk.,.. why humans are such douchebags ehhh! we just take what we want.. uuu... i dont want to be human

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    i just watched it and i aggree with every thing he said ]

Thanks
    I loved and hated this movie at the same time. For me and my ADHD i had a hard time sitting there for the full 2h 45m approx. and i found at some times the movie got a bit tedious. But i do have to say the visuals were jizz my pants amazing.