Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

So my Volkswagen Passat....

I've been driving my 2013 Volkwagen Passat for about a year now and I've always driven it in Drive mode ever since but I've always seen the Sport mode and I've never dared to try it.

Why you may ask?

Mainly because I was not sure about it. However, I became so curious that I went online and read up on it and this is what I found:

"When accelerating in Sport mode, the vehicle will tend to shift to the next higher gear later than normal, revving the engine to a higher rpm. This can be useful for passing cars on the highway or just for when you want a sportier driving experience. Normally, the engine would shift earlier when accelerating in order to conserve fuel. Decelerating in Sport mode will have the opposite effect, causing the vehicle to shift into lower gears earlier than normal in order to keep the engine rpms high."

https://www.douglasvw.com/blog/what-d...sport-mode-do/

It is a fu*king blast driving around, sitting at red lights and blasting off when the light turns green. Is it the most efficient way to get around? No. But it makes my driving experience a hell of a lot better now and my wallet (for gas money) will have to suffer for now.

*Do you guys have something similar like this with your car? Your parents?

Thanks
    Friend had a car with sport mode. He also had turbo. I think he had an '01 9-5 Saab. That was a ton of fun.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Friend had a car with sport mode. He also had turbo. I think he had an '01 9-5 Saab. That was a ton of fun.
    That sounds super dope although I've only ever seen one Saab around my city. Now that I've experienced sports mode I can only imagine how much better it could be with turbo....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Just something random but,
    From what you've said, I think your cars sports mode is gears 4,5 & 6 on a standard manual UK car. Sports mode will carry the car along and gain speed quicker where as drive mode is probably for driving up hills and other hard to climb areas. Though the only difference between your sports mode and gears 4,5 & 6 is that you can pull away in sports mode where as in a UK manual you have to transition back down to first in order to pull off or else the car doesn't really move.

I'm probably wrong but just taking a guess since I'm learning to drive currently so I don't really understand cars that well.
    Don't like what I say? Here's a solution.

Suck my nuts

Contact

Steam

Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @stock
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Motherboard: ASROCK Z170 Pro4
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just something random but,
    From what you've said, I think your cars sports mode is gears 4,5 & 6 on a standard manual UK car. Sports mode will carry the car along and gain speed quicker where as drive mode is probably for driving up hills and other hard to climb areas. Though the only difference between your sports mode and gears 4,5 & 6 is that you can pull away in sports mode where as in a UK manual you have to transition back down to first in order to pull off or else the car doesn't really move.

I'm probably wrong but just taking a guess since I'm learning to drive currently so I don't really understand cars that well.
    I'm not strong with cars either, I know a thing here and there. It is a Volkswagen Passat. German car and it is automatic, so it shifts automatically even in sports mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post
    My sister's Jetta has sport mode and my friend's 2013 Altima has sports mode. It's pretty cool, kinda like a bump shift type thing.
    Schuba! Nice to see you again my friend. My parents and I dread Jetta users (little side note). But yeah I really love when the car downshifts it kind of bumps or does something around those lines and it feels great.

Thanks
    My sister's Jetta has sport mode and my friend's 2013 Altima has sports mode. It's pretty cool, kinda like a bump shift type thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    taking my moms 2015 jetta se tsi out for a drive right now. and yes it does have sport move which i use all the time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    taking my moms 2015 jetta se tsi out for a drive right now. and yes it does have sport move which i use all the time.
    Man I'm not a Jetta fan but a newer model SE just sounds so tempting man....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thescruu View Post
    Drove 2010 passat tdi with sport aswell, goes to higher rpm. Skoda Octavia has it aswell and so do audis, bmws... My old 2,4 tdi Volvo was the best car I've had so far when it comes to fun, 4wd, 200 hp, didnt have a sport mod but It's not like you need it.
    Damn bro, lowkey jealous over here haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Drive a manual, that's why it's so much more fun, you can choose to rev it up and get alot more performance out of every shift or drive like a slow granny.
    Sports mode according to some is bad for your car, but that's nonsense. You will get closer to having to change your automatic transmission oil faster driving like that.

I have an e-class, if that's interesting for anyone.
    I wouldn't have turned down the opportunity to learn to drive manual but it was never impressed upon me. I can only imagine what it would be like with a manual car!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonkel52 View Post
    My dad's AMG has an S+ mode, it responds a LOT faster and Nervous if it's set to S+. I Love it

I'm always amazed how advanced todays cars/engines are. I mean it's insane to imagine that by the split second it took you to completely floor the gas, the car is already moving and there's several explosions going on in the engine.
    - - - Updated - - -

Too E63 S Wagon
    It is crazy I can't believe it myself just how much the car can change with the shift of the stick man....insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    Manual Volkswagon Golf with Turbo on it. Diesel though, so doesn't hurt my wallet.
    Turbo....diesel......everything I could ask for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ View Post
    Yes it's called a stick shift. I use it to keep revs high, heck I use it to brake too.

#ManualBoooiiiii

BTW how can you fuckers afford these kinds of cars? A 2007 E-Class here can be sold for ~10k euros, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU AFFORD THAT!!!
    My mom gave it to me to use whenever I need it so it is essentially mine but I'm going to get my car soon which will be either a 2014/2015 Audi A4 or a 2012/2013 Audi A6, I'm super pumped to see if they have those capabilities too!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Visurient View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have turned down the opportunity to learn to drive manual but it was never impressed upon me. I can only imagine what it would be like with a manual car!

- - - Updated - - -

It is crazy I can't believe it myself just how much the car can change with the shift of the stick man....insane.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My mom gave it to me to use whenever I need it so it is essentially mine but I'm going to get my car soon which will be either a 2014/2015 Audi A4 or a 2012/2013 Audi A6, I'm super pumped to see if they have those capabilities too!
    Buy a manual transmission one dude, you'll get addicted to it

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think"
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's a beauty.
    Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴘʀᴇss +Rᴇᴘ ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ Tʜᴀɴᴋs ɪғ I ᴀssɪsᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏʀ ᴡᴀs ᴏғ sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ.

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Vᴏᴜᴄʜᴇs
    Lᴇᴀɢᴜᴇ ᴏғ Lᴇɢᴇɴᴅs NA Gɪғᴛɪɴɢ Sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇ
    US Dᴏᴍɪɴᴏ's Pɪᴢᴢᴀs

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━•━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

And you're the one jealous?
    ~ High up and we're floating

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescruu View Post
    And you're the one jealous?
    Lmao for now yeah until I get the car, they promised it to me back in January for good grades but its difficult looking for the right one because of price, kilometres, navigation features, etc.

I didn't mean to showoff like yeah I'm a young kid getting his dream car right away like I'm actually super lucky that my parents want to do this for me and I really would appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    My car being an Auto has Sports Transmission as well, I rarely ever use it and just go straight for the manual gear selection if I'm feeling the need for speed.
    So Manual > Sports?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Drove 2010 passat tdi with sport aswell, goes to higher rpm. Skoda Octavia has it aswell and so do audis, bmws... My old 2,4 tdi Volvo was the best car I've had so far when it comes to fun, 4wd, 200 hp, didnt have a sport mod but It's not like you need it.
    ~ High up and we're floating

Thanks
    Drive a manual, that's why it's so much more fun, you can choose to rev it up and get alot more performance out of every shift or drive like a slow granny.
    Sports mode according to some is bad for your car, but that's nonsense. You will get closer to having to change your automatic transmission oil faster driving like that.

Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:

_NightWare (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    I've been driving my 2013 Volkwagen Passat for about a year now and I've always driven it in Drive mode ever since but I've always seen the Sport mode and I've never dared to try it.

Why you may ask?

Mainly because I was not sure about it. However, I became so curious that I went online and read up on it and this is what I found:

"When accelerating in Sport mode, the vehicle will tend to shift to the next higher gear later than normal, revving the engine to a higher rpm. This can be useful for passing cars on the highway or just for when you want a sportier driving experience. Normally, the engine would shift earlier when accelerating in order to conserve fuel. Decelerating in Sport mode will have the opposite effect, causing the vehicle to shift into lower gears earlier than normal in order to keep the engine rpms high."

https://www.douglasvw.com/blog/what-d...sport-mode-do/

It is a fu*king blast driving around, sitting at red lights and blasting off when the light turns green. Is it the most efficient way to get around? No. But it makes my driving experience a hell of a lot better now and my wallet (for gas money) will have to suffer for now.

*Do you guys have something similar like this with your car? Your parents?
    My dad's AMG has an S+ mode, it responds a LOT faster and Nervous if it's set to S+. I Love it

I'm always amazed how advanced todays cars/engines are. I mean it's insane to imagine that by the split second it took you to completely floor the gas, the car is already moving and there's several explosions going on in the engine.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post

Too E63 S Wagon
    Last edited by jonkel52; 09-08-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast