Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Hearthstone Card Nerf Discussion

Healthy change, ensures aggro shaman will be at a lower tier, nothing really to say about the card other than it was a needed change.

Its usability is going to extend past the 1 damage nerf, I feel that keeping the 2 damage and maybe increase the drop on the card would of made for a better balance decision as the card is basically a powerplay with the buff or not, however this nerf will stop tempo plays for when Sergeant is the only card played on the field, so now instead of it trading with most 2 drops it can realistically trade with some minor 2 and most 1 drops. Overall a pretty non-noticeable change as the card will continue to be played at all levels.

This is a pretty huge nerf, who knows why this out of all the tempo cards were nerfed, but none the less its still a pretty huge hit. The card realistically is garbage now, there would be no reason to include the card in a aggro deck now as before the chances of getting tempo swings were extremely common. This card is now in the depths of warsong commander, and will only be played in extremely niche shaman decks. However the card is still quite useful as the tempo plays are still there, you get a random choice of 4 totems with a 3 drop for 3/2. You're just not going to see it as much as you did previously.

Nothing too big here, Call of the Wild really never saw any play to begin with, and when you did see a hunter the card was really never played as game were decided long before 8 mana, now 9. More so, the mana nerf isn't a big deal as the card is quite the powerplay and you really have nothing else to play after the 8 mana now 9, so overall nothing too big.

This was quite the surprise to me as control warrior wasn't really huge in the current meta, revive priest and most if not all aggro decks wiped the floor with controlish decks, why they decided to nerf execute is unknown as the card is worth more than 1 mana in most if not all cases. When and why to play the card goes into account for each time you play the card and you have to remember Warrior only has 3 useful removal spells in their arsenal. Overall a pretty drastic change.

OTK decks are gutted now, nothing else to really add, charge was shit regardless of what deck you played it in unless it was specifically OTK warrior, nerf changes nothing at all, and I'm glad OTK on warrior is gone. The card as I see it now is mainly for tempo advantage and board control swings, by no means is the card ever going to be played again, however the card isn't nerfed into uselessness, so the usage of the card is still present.
    Basically the nerf for the Yogg is that if he dies/hexed/put back into hand/silenced at any point during the spells being casted, he automatically stops casting spells. It's a pretty noticeable change, mages are going to have a sizable amount of decks hit, other than that, a nerf like this needed to happen on launch for the card.

Do you have any input? Post down below with your comments/concerns with the current balance patch.

- - - Updated - - -

bump for discussion
    News - Guides - Fun - Discussions

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Learnding For This Useful Post:

Raple (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Bump for discussion.

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

Thanks
    I don't really play this game, but I appreciate the effort.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post
    I don't really play this game, but I appreciate the effort.
    I like analyzing and talking about Hearthstone more than I like to play it.

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    bump fir duscussion

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

Thanks
    Sorry I might be late, but here are my thoughts.

Rockbiter weapon - Aggro shaman took a hit because of the flexibility of using it as early game removal or insane burst with doom hammer. Midrange shaman is just replacing it with lightning bolt; not much a of a problem.

Abusive - Many aggro decks will probably stop running it because of the 1/1 body and no auto play on turn one if there is no better turn. I think the only competitve deck that will run it is zoo which is currently not that good right now in the meta.

Tuskarr- Broken card finally gets fixed xd. Replacable with feral spirits in midrange shaman. Aggro shaman takes another hit.

COTW - Still an amazing card to swing the board into your favor, hunters will still run 2x copies.

Execute - I still thinks it's efficient removal, control is untouched and I still think midrange warrior decks will still run 2x copies like Dragon / Patron.

Charge - RIP OTK

Yogg- I still think Yogg has potential, maybe some people will stop running it at tournaments but I still think it will be run in Druid and Mage.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Agree with basically everything you said.

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016