Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

[PC/XB1] Overwatch Patch Notes – September 1, 2016

TL;DR This shit is going to be long like my dick
    ================================================== ========================================

Competitive Changes

================================================== ========================================

Alright so going off of this, competitive is going to be more of a crapshoot than it already was. The bell curve for ranked seems to be Gold-Platinum, which by a competitive standpoint isn't even the median of ranks. Games are already decided by which team has the more mentally stable members and who can collaborate amongst each other so climbing is now even harder than it was before. The issue with Overwatch and its ranked system is that the game is so focused on the core aspect of teamwork it doesn't even recognize that its very core element is its biggest weakness. The game is too team centric, thus games are swayed more heavily on what the matchmaking system provides each game, a more unfair match is going to be even more unfair with the system in Overwatch. But regardless of that, this patch seems to favor Diamond+ players, a system that plagues League of Legends, as the decaying ranks and removal from a rank should a user fall below the minimum SR for that said rank is a healthy system FOR ALL RANKS, not just Diamond+.
    ================================================== =========================================
    Hero Changes

• D.Va
      * Thought the change was pretty good, albeit her defense matrix never need to turn into this monstrosity, her outlying problem was that her head hitbox matched with her large robotic figure made her an exceptionally good target for anyone, matched with a extremely reliable shield, people who didn't know how to play her cried and cried that she was bad, if they had fixed her hitboxes she would of been made an extremely good tank, but now she's an extremely overpowered flanker with damage out the wazoo.

• Hanzo
      * Lets talk about Hitbox Hanzo shall we. So, Blizzard thought, making him faster in his aim stance, decreasing the projectile speed of his arrows and THEN decreasing the size of the arrows was something that needed to happen? No, they needed to fix his hitboxes, not fucking mess the Hero up. Hanzo suffers from a lack of professional coding, Blizzard did not do an adequate job of fixing/adding in proper hitboxes to the game so aiming with Hanzo is a lot easier than it has to be. The change made Hanzo exactly as he was before and fixed nothing.

• Genji
      * Change did nothing, there's really nothing to talk about. The only impactful change was the duration of Dragonblade being reduced, Genji is still the powerplay he was before, and he's going to stay that way until Blizzard decides to actually nerf him.

• Lucio
      * Good nerf, he was a crucial part of every team in Overwatch. Albeit the change really didn't effect anything too harshly, its still a nerf to his kit but nothing too too drastic. He's still going to be exactly the same as he was before.

• McCree
      * Change effected the countering of his Q, nothing big. McCree's Q was garbage shit anyway, his entire kit is actual garbage, so nothing big here. He's still going to one hit you across the map with his sniper.

• Mei
      * At this point, I'm pretty sure Blizzard is retarded because the lack of common sense with these changes is staggering. Why would you make Mei stronger than she was before? Sure, she wasn't played in Competitive, but that doesn't transcend her balance. This game is filled with Heroes that do the job of other Heroes better, there are some Heroes that are just sleeper op, that's how it happens. Mei is now just a ranked game stomper, and the change made her even more of an annoyance than she was before.

• Mercy
      * My girl Mercy got a much needed buff on her revive and on her healing beam. Much needed buffs. There's not much to say other than she is now more playable than before which means she's an adequate pick in ranked.

• Roadhook
      * Incoming Blizzard with the autism. Change literally did nothing, and you can expect this fix not to work, which it doesn't, at all. You'll still get hooked through walls, and the intended change fixed nothing, moving on.

• Soldier: 76
      * Bullet spread change does nothing, he's still going to be played exactly as he was before. People who play CS:GO will have a better advantage as they have to deal with bullet spread on a greater caliberheheheheh, but overall its still a competent change, nothing too big, nothing too small.

• Zenyatta
      * Didn't really see a huge need for a change like this, especially since they silent nerfed his left click and buffed his right click. Orb of Discord was extremely annoying, but its still exactly what it was before. The added damage buff can't be 'nerfed' as it adds a flat percentage of damage to who ever is hit by Orb of Discord, you can make it 5 or 10%, but it's still adding that 5 or 10% damage buff to who ever it hits. Overall completely pointless nerf, as he's still going to be played for what he can do.
    News - Guides - Fun - Discussions

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    bump for discussion

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

Thanks
    Due to studying and Adventure Quest Worlds I haven't gotten on much to play Overwatch (XB1) but maybe I'll get back into it soon. I need to start playing competitive. My friend loves the OW comp scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    It's pretty addictive when you play with groups.

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Thanks for the month old patch update lmao?

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    Thanks for the month old patch update lmao?
    I saw you slipping up with the news and decided to chime in, call me late, but at-least it's being posted.

MPGH History:
    Joined 09-29-2016

Thanks
    I honestly appreciate the effort you put in across so many sections, keep up the good work.