Thread: my SOTM entry

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

my SOTM entry

Well its been over a year since I made a signature I think.

Anyways here is the non-cropped version

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/neon.png[/IMG]
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Well its been over a year since I made a signature I think.

Anyways here is the non-cropped version

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/neon.png[/IMG]
    fucken sick o-o im voting for you

Premium Member 22/4/16
    Steam Minion 22/12/2017
    OFPS Minion 5/2/2019
    MMO Minion 5/2/2019
    Minion+ 5/2/2019
    Mod 8/11/2020
    Retired 3/10/2022
    22 / Dec 7, 2001

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Glad to see you're back!

On one hand, i really like it, but on the other i find it too chaotic.

The background is good and i really like the dark red glow+particles.
    Altho, the green and orange stripe at the left edge and top of the image IMO do not fit.

I like the color scheme, especially since you've mixed green and blue instead of sitting on two main colors.
    The elements you've added behind the render are good looking, however they're very chaotic for my taste.

For example, the 2nd circle from the left (the green/blue part just next to the "neon" word) looks like it has a cut as it's completely straight for a while, but round at the bottom.
    The circles in the center (the ones that touch the girl's chest) have slightly messy edges due to the slightly visible lines above them, while in some areas (like at the smaller circle in the center) the edges are slightly blurred.

The one that annoys me the most is that yellow ellipsis around the girl's arm, it screams "i'm supposed to wrap around the arm!" but it doesn't.
    Also, the "evangelion" text on the right is cut off, it does raise interest but it doesn't look intentional.

The box sorrounding the text doesn't fit the [] brackets of mpgh, speaking of which, reading that word is harder due to the light background, a very subtle dark outline would help wonders.

Lastly, the render has some areas that are slightly too sharp, such as the details on her left leg, some areas of her left arm having red dots.

What i really enjoy about the image is the little cone-shaped text coming out of her shoulder and the render in the background at the left, it looks like the mountain is being cut in half, altho adding some small details behind it would improve that feeling (such as those small white dots you've used on the left).

I know i'm being picky, just letting you know what i believe should be improved upon, i really like it and i look forward to more of your works!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IV2B For This Useful Post:

Ally (09-25-2016),[MPGH]Doc (09-24-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    Glad to see you're back!

On one hand, i really like it, but on the other i find it too chaotic.

The background is good and i really like the dark red glow+particles.
    Altho, the green and orange stripe at the left edge and top of the image IMO do not fit.

I like the color scheme, especially since you've mixed green and blue instead of sitting on two main colors.
    The elements you've added behind the render are good looking, however they're very chaotic for my taste.

For example, the 2nd circle from the left (the green/blue part just next to the "neon" word) looks like it has a cut as it's completely straight for a while, but round at the bottom.
    The circles in the center (the ones that touch the girl's chest) have slightly messy edges due to the slightly visible lines above them, while in some areas (like at the smaller circle in the center) the edges are slightly blurred.

The one that annoys me the most is that yellow ellipsis around the girl's arm, it screams "i'm supposed to wrap around the arm!" but it doesn't.
    Also, the "evangelion" text on the right is cut off, it does raise interest but it doesn't look intentional.

The box sorrounding the text doesn't fit the [] brackets of mpgh, speaking of which, reading that word is harder due to the light background, a very subtle dark outline would help wonders.

Lastly, the render has some areas that are slightly too sharp, such as the details on her left leg, some areas of her left arm having red dots.

What i really enjoy about the image is the little cone-shaped text coming out of her shoulder and the render in the background at the left, it looks like the mountain is being cut in half, altho adding some small details behind it would improve that feeling (such as those small white dots you've used on the left).

I know i'm being picky, just letting you know what i believe should be improved upon, i really like it and i look forward to more of your works!
    I literally could not word this any better.
    I was going to give you cnc just like this just because I know you're an actual artist.
    But @IV2B hit it on the nail
    I also don't like the glow effect around the text on the right.
    @Doc

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fucking Moron For This Useful Post:

Ally (09-25-2016),[MPGH]Doc (09-25-2016),IV2B (09-26-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    It seems you've had every single bit of constructive criticism you've needed already haha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    I like it but like said above it is too many things together. Making things blend with each other and making couple images less opacity and all that could make it look better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nice to see you back around these parts dude, hope all is well with you.

I'm just gonna start off by pointing out what I like.
    I love the color scheme, it's sort off odd but inviting. As always great job with adjustment layers, you've got your own style/tone and I've always admired it.
    My favorite thing about this tag is with all the chaos happening in the bg and mid levels, you've managed to keep my eye mainly to the focal.
    I may be wrong, but it appears that you did some selective touch up on the focal and it's done nicely.

My biggest gripe is that it's cluttered, but hey.. the fuck do I know about taggin' these days? That might be a thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Woah, that's sick as fuck.