Thread: Olly Debugger

Thanks

Olly Debugger

I don't know nothin, but ive notice thats how ppl making hacks >.> Now I am trying to test and trial since theres no good tutorials for it. Is it natural for Opening a 32bit program takes for ever. I am trying to test and trial on a game called Endless-Online =/ And pointers? Oh and some reason that game, when i open its folder, it takes forever to load endless's icons -.- and you better wait til the load before opening them. It takes awhile to open to unless ya wait for icons to load
    Not made by my but i am trying to make somethin as hawt

Thanks

There're a few things to consider here:
    • Do you have extensive knowlege of programming?
      You need a good knowlege of programming and system internals to start using a debugger, if you don't then you should probably be looking at a memory trainer.
    • Does the game have a CRC check?
      Try modifying some of the bytes in one of the caves in the .text section of the exe and then every other section. See if you get banned for hacking or if you get a negative response.
    • Do you know any ASM?
      Debuggers such as Olly are useful really only if you know at least some assembly (or are smart enough to pick it up quickly by debugging)
    • What are you trying to accomplish by using Olly?
      Are you trying to patch the EXE permenantly or just trying to change some variables? If you're trying to change some variables then perhaps it's best that you write a loader instead
    • Do you understand what packers are?
      Most of the time you'll find that an EXE is packed, probably by ASProtect/ASPack or UPX. Do you know what that means and how it affects you? Many of these programs will implement anti-debugging measures, some of these (such as IsDebuggerPresent()) can be avoided by modification or (a better alternative) DLL injection or (even easier) a plugin to Olly. But you need to know how to find them and remove them - much like altering the Cyclic Redundancy Check to give positive feedback to the rest of the program.

I think what I'm getting at is that Olly isn't for people who "don't know nothin'" (unless you read that as a double negative) and that there are pre-packaged tools for people who just want to "train" the game.

Also, Olly breaks as soon as the windows loader reaches the OEP of the EXE, so you might want to press [F9] when you load an EXE up in it.

On further reading of your post it seems like your computer's slow and you should tune it a little (kill off your malware, prune your softwares.)

Hopefully that's food for thought for you or anyone else here.

Thanks
    O.o my computers pretty new, i talk to someone and they told me to check out a site can't remember which but it has lots of tutorials on tkc and lots of downloading stuff o.o. Ive played with memory editing, I still haven't figure how to find memory addresses for packets. So i turn my attnetions to debuggers. Ive seen many tutorials talk about asembly knowledge. Well pooh I checked out C and C++ for dummies from the library, i guess ima get asembly for dummies =D.

<edit> Oh and i don't get any of that, thats why I am asking for help on why its taking long to load and its not loading still =/ I got much to learn ;_;. Oh and why is it theres little tutorials about Ollydbg on google ;_;
    Not made by my but i am trying to make somethin as hawt

Thanks
    I'd say maybe 95% to over 99% of the people here don't understand it.
    I'd like to know who here does (make a list).
    Dave, you seem pretty on the ball - care to comment? Any other admins and global mods also: Do you think that these forums have many talented people?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RCEisForMe
    There're a few things to consider here:
    • Do you have extensive knowlege of programming?
      You need a good knowlege of programming and system internals to start using a debugger, if you don't then you should probably be looking at a memory trainer.
    • Does the game have a CRC check?
      Try modifying some of the bytes in one of the caves in the .code section of the exe and then every other section. See if you get banned for hacking or if you get a negative response.
    • Do you know any ASM?
      Debuggers such as Olly are useful really only if you know at least some assembly (or are smart enough to pick it up quickly by debugging)
    • What are you trying to accomplish by using Olly?
      Are you trying to patch the EXE permenantly or just trying to change some variables? If you're trying to change some variables then perhaps it's best that you write a loader instead
    • Do you understand what packers are?
      Most of the time you'll find that an EXE is packed, probably by ASProtect/ASPack or UPX. Do you know what that means and how it affects you? Many of these programs will implement anti-debugging measures, some of these (such as IsDebuggerPresent()) can be avoided by modification or (a better alternative) DLL injection or (even easier) a plugin to Olly. But you need to know how to find them and remove them - much like altering the Cyclic Redundancy Check to give positive feedback to the rest of the program.

I think what I'm getting at is that Olly isn't for people who "don't know nothin'" (unless you read that as a double negative) and that there are pre-packaged tools for people who just want to "train" the game.

Also, Olly breaks as soon as the windows loader reaches the OEP of the EXE, so you might want to press [F9] when you load an EXE up in it.

On further reading of your post it seems like your computer's slow and you should tune it a little (kill off your malware, prune your softwares.)

Hopefully that's food for thought for you or anyone else here.
    holy monkey... i think ima go copy and paste that and put in my signature... well said. bow bow bow

Thanks
    Thanks LuKan, I tried to explain myself clearly.