Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Why i hate shoujo

Now me and my good friend always get into an argument about shoujo manga/anime
    (i usually start it sayin shojou is too awful to read/watch)

Now personaly i find some shoujo beat manga interesting enough, the point isn't usually an issue unless they go borderline Yaoi-type(gay).

The reason i hate shoujo beat is because of the art and the characters and the god awful repetitive story.

Now some shojo anime are good.(ouran hs)

But 90% of shoujo anime/manga have the art style that was present in like the 80's and its still like that. Its quite literally art that anyone could draw in like 5-10 minutes a panel. Its rly sad to say, but the art is horrific in most of the shoujo manga. If you just read any shoujo manga, chances are your going to see a whole shitload of text saying basically what they could've said in one panel, and like 4-5 different views on the same situation shot from relatively the same distance/angle. The anime just looks like it was made forever ago. Its like the old, old anime like Escaflowne, except escaflowne was done awhile ago. It always, always looks like that.
    -You know how tite-kubo always leaves a white background? They just make like every other panel a person with no background and text. No fucking background.

Another thing is the characters. Now anime is known for having "unrealistic" characters, hell half of them are 13 and can move move mountains with some "born" power. But cmon, like half the shoujo male characters are total douchebags or gay. I say this with the understanding that half of them are the super-self absorbed people that only have a plain/dark look on them like 50% of the time. The girls think everything through in some sort of huge romantic misunderstanding. I say this quite literally, the guys are all gay and the women romantize everything from a hello to a birthday cake.

Now lets get to the character design.

Ever seen an anime/manga where one character has one color eye, with like no pupil?(usually used for a glazed over effect). This is shoujo beats entire eye style. Every character has the same eyes, they are all the same "glazed over effect" This is stupid. Old anime/manga used to be like this, but then they realized more realistic eyes gave more detail on actions and stuff going on.

All the girls have no or little breast, all the boys look like they weigh 110 pounds.(not to mention the guys are all taller and the girls are always short). If i took any guy in any shot, chances are if you just saw him without any history, you'd think he was gay. Not hating on gays here, its just that they all dress/look like it. Not to mention the girls hair, which is always in noobishly drawn strands.

-Story-

Its always romantic or romantic comedy. The only way these stupid ass artist could ever get something to sell that looks so shit is to make it a romance. They never have ANY action besides the gag-punch or something. Its always "innocent" girl falls for guy, then another guy comes, then she picks original guy who's been there all along. Its so fucking repetitive its insane that this shit even gets read, much less sells. Its ok to take one and say thats a good romantic story, but literally almost all of them are, and along the exact same story lines.

Main point
    Now naruto i hate just because its fun to hate and because so many people like it.

Shoujo-type anime i hate because they give everyone who watches anime a bad rep. I've met people who think that shoujo represents all of anime/manga and that is probably why they think everyone who watches anime/manga thinks is gay.

I truly hate shoujo, and if anyone disagrees, you can't. Its shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    SUMMARY
    shoujo = GAY
    shoujo = for females...

nothing more to it..
    There might be some RARE shoujo / gender bender that might be worth looking at for a few chapters
    but as soon as the gay shit starts its time to close the book and not look at it again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    They made a Darker than Black manga in shoujo(lulz)

Ouran HS will remain the only thing i can watch from shoujo.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    i hated Ouran HS

CLOSEST THING I EVER LIKED TO BEING SHOUo
    =
    Saiyuki... which was pretty badass...

and not really shoujo
    BUT its a shoujo
    MAN ON MAN action thing..
    but its still badass..

shoujo = one of things that is the death of humanity for me.
    Last edited by Gourav2122; 02-22-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh wow, i didn't know saiyuki was shoujo. wierd.

Its kinda old so i didn't know who produced it.