Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

[Request] Looking For Someone To Make A Special Rezinjector For Mod Creators

I'd like to be able to create mods that are easier for people to inject into their rez files. Could someone make a special rezinjector creator.

The Special Rezinjector Creator should be an application that modders can download, and when the modder finishes creating the injectable files, the modder can then open the special rezinjector creator to create an automatic rezinjector. The modder could specify which injectable files go where (as long as the injectables are in 1 folder).

After the modder finishes organizing the injectable files, and clicks 'create' on the special rezinjector creator. The special rezinjector creator then generates an automatic rezinjector in the same folder as the modified injectable files.

The automatic rezinjector, when used, should create a folder called 'Original rez' where the original rez file are move (or copied) to and a desktop shortcut.

The automatic rezinjector should either be able to rename the .rezNew files automatically or (if renaming file is considered malware) present all .rezNew files in a box on the automatic rezinjector for manual renaming.

The automatic rezinjector should have a feature called 'Restore Original rez', to copy the original rez files it copied to the 'Original rez' file back to the game file.

To head off some pointless flaming. I am requesting this to add some professional polish and to make things easier to manage the increasing number of files needed to mod.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Sounds hard...

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

"Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

Thanks
    Ill start working on this, even tho I dont play CA xD

Just for clarificaton:
    C:\Nexon\Combat Arms EU\game\
    thats where .rez files are for the EU version.
    is that the same for the US version?

edit: MSVS is acting gay won't lemme start new C# projects =S
    Ill start when I have that fixed
    Last edited by Retoxified; 02-28-2010 at 04:45 AM.

Threadstarter
    Dual-Keyboard Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Retoxified View Post
    Ill start working on this, even tho I dont play CA xD

Just for clarificaton:
    C:\Nexon\Combat Arms EU\game\
    thats where .rez files are for the EU version.
    is that the same for the US version?

edit: MSVS is acting gay won't lemme start new C# projects =S
    Ill start when I have that fixed
    ya, same place, but it doesn't need to be customized to just CA.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    It would be better to create two seperate programs I think. And simply make an installer for the .REZ files. I think there's free installation software out there. Though Someone could hand make the installer fairly easily I suppose.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Threadstarter
    Dual-Keyboard Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I've heard back from 3 people who want to make it as stated, 2 of them are enthusiastic and say they can already envision it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    ok... so an automatic 'per use' / runtime version of RezInject?
    Would take < an hour to make building on that....

then again - normally Lith-based games simply take a -rez command line option which only holds the modified files where you wouldn't have to do all this injecting BS at all but CA/nexon is anal like that apparently..
    Last edited by B1ackAnge1; 02-28-2010 at 11:32 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to B1ackAnge1 For This Useful Post:

Retoxified (03-01-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    ok... so an automatic 'per use' / runtime version of RezInject?
    Would take < an hour to make building on that....

then again - normally Lith-based games simply take a -rez command line option which only holds the modified files where you wouldn't have to do all this injecting BS at all but CA/nexon is anal like that apparently..
    Omg BA! o_O
    (*trumpets sound*) Welcome back our glorious King!

I've actually scen this -rez command in the Olly when veiwing the game engine. It does a bunch of command line options its just internal when the game is starting. Do you know where I could learn about these old command line options o_O?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    lol hey why - talk about rez brings me back :P

I can get you some old docs if you want , or if you wanna dig - look into any of the 'NOLF' Games, or AvP games etc.

Seems surprising that noone actually thought: Hey lets just PM BA about this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    pm... PM.... I tried to PM you weeks ago No reply. D: Argghhh! Not about rez, but okay though...

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    u can try BLackangels new rez mod program PM me if u wanna try it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shinykiller View Post
    You sound, look and smell like a leecher...
    (L) BA ;D

Threadstarter
    Dual-Keyboard Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Retoxified View Post
    You sound, look and smell like a leecher...
    (L) BA ;D
    Leechers are plagiarizers; they take credit for other peoples works (or don't give credit to the people who create or discover things).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by shinykiller View Post
    Wait say what now? That reads as you're saying you have a new 'rez mod program' from 'BlackAngel' and if I want to try it out I should PM you to get it?

Wow that's news to me that I wrote a new program