Thanks

KRelay(?) not progressing on Linux

Recently installed a fresh Arch Linux build, and I'm having some problems getting our favorite Client + Proxy combination working. Time to give up and hope anyone here can assist more than I can help myself.

Running either client (NillysReborn / ORape) as a .exe and via Wine results in the classic 'Unable to load language' style error. Added the client to trusted locations to no avail. Gave up instantly, and onto the .swfs.

Running either client's .swf via Flash works fine. When I connect to KRelay (fresh & most recent download attempted, and also tried copying my KRelay folder from my other computer which currently has it working just fine), I was getting the 'New buffer size is too large' error. Adding "/" to trusted locations removed this error, it seems, however now when I connect to KRelay, the console just says its usual startup messages, but ending with:

Code:
    [Listener]    Client received
    and leaving my connecting client on a black loading screen, with no errors, though also no progress. Terminating the client's connection by going Options > Menu leaves me with the following:

Code:
    [Error]    An exception was thrown within RemoteRead(isClient = True) at Client.Dispose

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    This final error doesn't concern me much, I'm assuming it would happen if you interrupt your client connecting even if KRelay was working just fine. My issue is that the connection isn't making any progress before then, no matter how long I wait. KRelay's GUI also has its issues on this Linux machine, for example I can't change the default server (as clicking the drop-down-box won't achieve anything), however I doubt that's relevant to its failure to connect.

Has anyone who uses Linux experienced similar issues, and if so, how did you get through this? And if you don't have Linux experience, I'm still grateful for any assistance, I'm quite desperate here.

Thanks a lot for bearing with this post.

Thanks
    How are you running K Relay? Via wine (does this even work?) or compiled for linux?

Also give this version of Flash Projector a try

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJani View Post
    How are you running K Relay? Via wine (does this even work?) or compiled for linux?

Also give this version of Flash Projector a try
    Just a heads up since I forgot to mention in the main post, I'm very new to using Linux (though not new to KRelay).
    Apologies if I get terms 'n such mixed up.

Yes, KRelay is being run via Wine. I gave a shot at that specific version of the Flash Projector, though had the same scenario as previously: gives the Buffer-size error before I add the client to trusted locations. Then, after I fix up, comes to the same 'standstill' saying that my client is connected, yet does nothing.

I'd wonder if it was just absolutely mandatory to be using a Linux-specifically compiled KRelay version, however if that were the case I would expect to have seen other people complaining about KRelay not working on Linux.. but, I haven't really seen these complaints.

If necessary (I'm not yet asking for any guide, just a pointer in the right direction), what would be required for a Linux compilation for KRelay? I'm hoping that wouldn't require any recreation of KRelay from scratch or similar (if the case, guess that's goodbye to this Linux attempt).

Thanks
    I remember there was a similar thread a while ago and I found it but it had no answers.

Basically what you want to do is, get MonoDevelop and grab K Relay source code on ****** and compile it (very simple, google is your friend). I'm not sure if it supports Windows.Forms (Metro UI) so it might not work. If so, you'll need to remove the UI (difficult) or get the source code of ConsoleKRelay (asking for it/decompile). Even then I'm not sure if you'll be able to download any plugins released here that use Windows.Forms (roughly 30% of all plugins).

To put it shortly, it probably won't be worth the time unless you're approaching it as a learning experience.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    If Monodevelop doesn't work for you, then you can always try realm relay.

"There is no higher form of user validation than having customers support your product with their wallets." ~ Google