Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Improving the Marketplace. Post your suggestions here!

Every few weeks/months there is a user who gets away with a huge exit scam. These scammers tend to stick around MPGH for a while posting/contributing, doing giveaways, making their account look legit warding off suspicion. Then they will accept orders in large volumes, and disappear.

Tell tale signs a exit scam is about to happen?

• User is opening up many services
      -Usually SE services (Fitbit, Jabra, GoPro are common)
    • User is taking A LOT of orders
      -You will be able to see how many orders he's accepting based on how often he is replying to people on his thread.
    • User opens Currency Exchange thread
      -Scammer will try to exchange his PP funds into BTC/AGC
    • Buyers cannot get a hold of OP
      -Scammer is taking longer to deliver confirmation for orders, tells customers to be patient.

Feel free to post your opinions below on how we can improve our Marketplace and prevent such exit scams from happening in the future. I will read through all suggestions. Anything that has potential will be brought up for discussion with upper staff.

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hova For This Useful Post:

420rascal (01-25-2017),A_Walker (01-30-2017),BezZ_ (01-25-2017),ByodoM (01-25-2017),KOZMOHOTEL (01-25-2017),Luverdark (01-25-2017),Marcus. (01-25-2017)

Thanks
    Get the middleman service going again.This will solve so much trouble.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to okyleokyle_temp For This Useful Post:

Yotsuba (10-15-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I think that a good way to prevent this is to limit the number of orders of a new service.
    For example, if i open a FitBit SE service, max 5 orders, then thread closed until buyers receive the stuff. If everything is good, gradually increase the limit of orders.

And also ecouraging a Middleman service with really trusted guys is a good way.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOZMOHOTEL For This Useful Post:

420rascal (01-25-2017),Yotsuba (10-15-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Middleman service!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hentai For This Useful Post:

Yotsuba (10-15-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I think that mandatory middleman service will cause LOTS of hassle, and eventually slower the fuck of the marketplace.
    I agree with the opinion to temporary close threads until receiving vouches.

However, there is one thing to all that.
    In my view, most of the thinkable measures can only be aimed at the low-reputation people and so on.
    Just take the example of Vaypah. Even if MPGH limited the amount of orders, nothing would preclude him from completing the first ones, getting increased limits and only then scam.
    Honestly, I can't come up with a solution to protect users from reputable scammers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to curtaincalled For This Useful Post:

KOZMOHOTEL (01-25-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    Every few weeks/months there is a user who gets away with a huge exit scam. These scammers tend to stick around MPGH for a while posting/contributing, doing giveaways, making their account look legit warding off suspicion. Then they will accept orders in large volumes, and disappear.

Tell tale signs a exit scam is about to happen?

• User is opening up many services
      -Usually SE services (Fitbit, Jabra, GoPro are common)
    • User is taking A LOT of orders
      -You will be able to see how many orders he's accepting based on how often he is replying to people on his thread.
    • User opens Currency Exchange thread
      -Scammer will try to exchange his PP funds into BTC/AGC
    • Buyers cannot get a hold of OP
      -Scammer is taking longer to deliver confirmation for orders, tells customers to be patient.

Feel free to post your opinions below on how we can improve our Marketplace and prevent such exit scams from happening in the future. I will read through all suggestions. Anything that has potential will be brought up for discussion with upper staff.
    MM is the only way out. There is NO plan b

Thanks
    From what I've been seeing, there could had been many ways to avoid scammers from scamming in the first place, I've see many people who were obvious scammers and no one couldn't do nothing as the minions in the scammer grave refused the scam report as having no hard proof. And sometimes you don't need any hard proof if you use common sense, just like with Windoge 10, too many coincidences that made him and his imposter to be likely the same person. But it was denied until at the end it was the same person after all.

Basically minions let suspecting scammers go scam people until someone(/or many) do actually get scammed
    Last edited by Cthulhu; 01-25-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks
    I'm not saying mandatory MiddleMan service.But if anyone wants to be 100% safe he can use it.It won't slow down the market to fast buyers that trust vendors.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I prefer to slow down the market that this kind of disrespectful scammers getting free bucks from people that maybe are just newbie and worked hard for that money, honestly.
    Last edited by KOZMOHOTEL; 01-25-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Vaypah's life is fucked, due how many fitbit's he actually SE'd, Fitbit will contact hes local authorities and get him in trouble. Already got this confirmed by a fitbit supervisor. Get fucked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Make a "Trusted" usergroup l.People have to show their ID/PASSPORT and other info in order to be in tbis usergroup.So every user will know who is the 100% safe to deal.

Moreover MM service is in need!

Add feedback future .Whick will include positive or negative feedback for every deal have been done with the user.

Sorry for bad english.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UnSponsored For This Useful Post:

asdlolxd77 (07-26-2017),curtaincalled (01-25-2017),Diamond Hands (08-12-2018),FinDusty (01-29-2017),Gaar (01-25-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by UnSponsored View Post
    Make a "Trusted" usergroup l.People have to show their ID/PASSPORT and other info in order to be in tbis usergroup.So every user will know who is the 100% safe to deal.

Moreover MM service is in need!

Add feedback future .Whick will include positive or negative feedback for every deal have been done with the user.

Sorry for bad english.
    I actually agree on this idea

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hentai For This Useful Post:

kutzki (05-01-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    I actually agree on this idea
    And staff will say ,we have premium and premium sellers usergroup (" › More user trust (Easier buying, selling, and trading)"
    We all know its a lie.Paying in Forum for usergroup doesnt mean the user is trusted.He is just investing some money.( if he scam ,he will earn more back)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Resume the MM service

Thanks
    Other then the obvious middle man there are some things that should change.

#1 The way vouch copies and vouching is done.

Normally if a user such as vaypah opens a expensive SE service that costs over lets say $50
    I think regardless of posts etc they should have to give a vouch copy and user cannot sell untill it's fufilled. And there should be a section that pending user services go where the minions of the section take the vouch copies etc. This also prevents users that just spam post for 1500 to get vouch copies.

#2 Keeping track of how many orders have been taken.

I'm not really sure exactly this would work but some sort of poll or something that would track how many sales have happened.

All in all there will always be a way to scam and scammers to do it. But we should prevent most of them. unfortunately we are alot like the police as we are a reaction-force, something has to happen for any changed to be made.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaar For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (01-26-2017)

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast