Thanks

How to Update Muledump Objects/Constants

Muledump hasn't been updated recently and you might not know how to update it yourself. Because of this, newly implemented equipment objects such as skins, pet skins, etc. may be appearing only by their object IDs and not by their sprite, which is annoying at times. Here's how to update it yourself. Please note that I've only tried this muledump version 0.6.7 and no other so I can't guarantee it working with other versions.

For this tutorial, we're going to take the example of the "Frimarra", the newly implemented Ring of the Pyramid reskin that drops from Ice Tombs.

Step 1:
    Go download the objects.xml from https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/produc...lc/Objects.xml. It does take a while to load if you are going to open it and copy it into a text editor. Once you do that, open it with a text editor like Notepad++.

Step 2:
    Navigate to C:\Users\xyz\Desktop\muledump-0.6.7\lib or wherever you saved it and open constants.js in a text editor. It should look like this:

Observe the first line: "// type: [id, slot, tier, x, y, famebonus, feedpower]" This what each value separated by comma represents for each object in each line.

Now scroll all the way down until you find "0x135d: ["Small Mosaic Cloth", 10, -1, 80, 2120, 0, 0],". It should be on line 1330. Now add values for the Frimarra like this:

For it to work, the values must be entered exactly like the syntax specified on the first line of the file.

All of these values except for "x' and 'y" can be found from the Objects.xml file from the first link by finding (CTRL + F). We'll get to what "x" and "y" mean in a bit. Let's go over what each of this means.
    "0x7fd4" - This is the 'type', also known as the object ID.
    "Frimarra" - This is the ID or the name of the item in-game.
    "10" - This is the slot of the item. It's found in <SlotType> </SlotType> under <Object> </Object> in objects.xml
    "-1" - This is the tier of the item. Since it is a UT, it's tier will be "-1".
    "120" - This is the x-coordinate of the object in \lib\renders.png.
    "2120" - This is the y-coordinate of the object in \lib\renders.png.
    "5" - This is the famebonus that the item offers to the player.
    "900" - This is the feed power that the item offers.

Step 3:
    It's not enough if we just enter the information like we just did in the constants.js file. We also have to update the spritesheet with our new object sprite.

To do this, go to renders.png in the same \lib folder. There you should see a bunch of object sprites already in it. All we need to do is add our object sprite corresponding to our "x" and "y" coordinate that we just entered.

Open up the .png file with Photoshop, paint.net, etc. For this tutorial, I'll be using Photoshop.
    Navigate all the way to the bottom and zoom in. The last item in an outdated Muledump should be the "Small Mosaic Cloth". We need to add our Frimarra after that.

Go to https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/frimarra and copy the sprite or save it to your desktop and place it in Photoshop. Resize the image to your liking but not too much or it'll get messed up. It should look something like this:

I did the Enchanted Ice Shard and Ring of the Northern Light as well.
    When you're satisfied go ahead and save it.

Step 4:
    It's time to test our work and see if we're satisfied with our results. Navigate back to the main folder (\muledump-0.6.7 or whatever its name is) and open up muledump.html. If you did everything correctly, your new object should appear something like this:

Depending on how you resized it, it may look blurred, distorted, too big, or too small. That's ok! You can just go edit the renders.png file again and fix it to your liking!

Key notes:
    • In case DECA rolls out new reskins, you don't need to add new objects like how we did. You can directly skip to Step 3 and all you need to do is replace the outdated object sprite in renders.png with the new one.
    • The x-coordinate of the first object in each row is 0 and the last object is +960. Each object increases the x-coordinate by +40.
    • The y-coordinate of the first object in each column is 0 and the last object is +2120. Each object increases the y-coordinate by +40.

All object information for all objects can be found in the objects.xml file.
    • I did not create Muledump. You'll have to thank Atomizer for his incredible work.

Thanks for reading and I hope it worked for you!
    Last edited by iliketrainz; 03-09-2017 at 12:31 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iliketrainz For This Useful Post:

Diotic (03-12-2017),Plus22 (03-09-2017),VAW$RfgW4TWW54 (03-09-2017)

Thanks
    At the moment, I found a fork for muledump that has everything updated. I have tested it and it has all the new items.

Unfortunately ****** links are banned from MPGH.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfbuggers View Post
    At the moment, I found a fork for muledump that has everything updated. I have tested it and it has all the new items.

Unfortunately ****** links are banned from MPGH.
    That may be but if you ever want to update something by yourself, this is how to.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I have been updating muledump this way and posting it on the reddit for the past couple updates. But this helps so much so people can start doing it them self. Thanks for this and also asdfbuggers , I looked at the muledump forks and nothing has been forked in any of 2017 so your statement is probably false.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VAW$RfgW4TWW54 For This Useful Post:

iliketrainz (03-09-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Thank you a lot.