Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    I don't know how people can think this guide is straightforward (actually, it's probably the phenomena of people who don't know what they know, or perhaps just by people who only needed to update aversion number).

I write software professionally (and its software you probably use on a daily basis that actually allows you to use websites such as facebook or yahoo as it allows those sites to access and manage data quickly, efficiently and with the prospect data loss down to near impossible), and I couldn't follow this guide.

I don't know who is actually sucker enough to pay for Trillix ($80 for a decompiler for a defunk platform??), but this guide fails to describe the actually process needed to perform such an update. It just slightly suggests what to do with specific tools.
    However, its pretty frustrating to see information like: "Trillix isn't required" and then have only specific steps for Trillix and no alternative (or a poorly hinted alternative of FlashDevelop?)

So the big question, why isn't Trillex required? What is the alternative?
    Another big question, why choose a paid IDE when there are typically much better open source IDEs?

Threadstarter
    The richest man is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zineguy View Post
    I don't know how people can think this guide is straightforward (actually, it's probably the phenomena of people who don't know what they know, or perhaps just by people who only needed to update aversion number).

I write software professionally (and its software you probably use on a daily basis that actually allows you to use websites such as facebook or yahoo as it allows those sites to access and manage data quickly, efficiently and with the prospect data loss down to near impossible), and I couldn't follow this guide.

I don't know who is actually sucker enough to pay for Trillix ($80 for a decompiler for a defunk platform??), but this guide fails to describe the actually process needed to perform such an update. It just slightly suggests what to do with specific tools.
    However, its pretty frustrating to see information like: "Trillix isn't required" and then have only specific steps for Trillix and no alternative (or a poorly hinted alternative of FlashDevelop?)

Another big question, why choose a paid IDE when there are typically much better open source IDEs?
    Hey big guy, You realise this was written 3 years ago, right?

There are probably much better tutorials around.
    Alde is Alde is

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by zineguy View Post

what do you mean "actual process to perform such an update" lol its a realm of the mad god client, its not rocket science, you take your custom client, you take the newest client, you decompile the source of both (well, your custom client should already be in source form that can functionally compile in IDE otherwise you will have a lot more work than just copy and pasting), compare the source of both, add anything new you see, WinMerge will show you each and every single difference even if its just a space bar, and then copy any new/edited asset files (xml/sprite sheets) from newest client decompiled source, into your custom client decompiled source, and that's literally all O.o oh, and the client version which would obviously appear when comparing the 2 sources in WinMerge.

(if they add a new sprite sheet and/or new xml file, there will be more than just pasting the xml and/or sprite sheet in, you will have to add a class that loads it as well, which winmerge would show you in the differences if that was the case.)

only things needed to improve such a tutorial would be replacing trillix with jpexs, since jpexs is free and also gets every single asset just as easily, replacing jpexs with AS3 sorcerer (not free but easily found for free with google), since AS3 sorcerer provides accurate AS3 scripting, not that junk code that jpexs turns the AS3 into, which is why if you compare the 2 sources you got from old client and new client with jpexs, you wont be able to copy any REAL code unless you feel like changing pretty much every line to be functional without errors (jpex changes all var names and places $ signs everywhere and its just a mess, pretty sure he mention that in OP)

anyways the tutorial is correct, the programs work exactly how its said in the tut, youre just complaining that they cost money, youre just wrong and egotistic, only problem with the tutorial is the client source provided, if anyone were to follow this tut trying to use that client source, they wont just have one update to worry about, but hundreds

everything I just said in tut form:

1) Open newest client in AS3 sorcerer, the client you want to steal the updates from to put into your custom client source so that it will connect to the game bug-free.

2) Drag the whole source from inside the AS3 sorc program, onto your desktop and it will start exporting them, may take a bit, the client source is huge when decompiled

3) So after step 2; you should have the newest clients source code, you don't have the source, you just have the source code, don't think you can just drag this over your custom project replacing everything and that everything will work fine, it wont. So, open WinMerge now that you have the source code for your custom client, and the source code for the newest client.

(Make sure you don't open the full project of your custom client, only the src folder, since that's all that gets exported with AS3 Sorcerer from the newer client, if you were to choose the whole project, you will be prompted with way more differences than supposed to)

Open your custom clients source code on the left side, and then the newest clients source code on the right side (or vice versa doesn't matter lol)
    and start checking for the differences using those buttons on the top or manually scrolling through source, haven't used it in forever but there is definitely a button that says something like "Skip to next difference" or something like that when you hover over it.

4) Since your custom client should already be in functional flex project form, ready to edit and compile inside IntelliJ, you should be able to just simply copy (CTRL+C) any differences found, look at the file name it was found in, go inside IntelliJ and double shift click to file search, type in file name, find the spot it was written in, in WinMerge, and paste (CTRL+V) in the same area in what would be your custom clients source.

That is all for applying any new client-side code, below is assets.

5) Open the newest client, not the newest clients source code, the actual .SWF file of the newest client, in JPEXS, and it will dissect the client for you, letting you pull the assets right out of it. If you want to make it easier, this can be done the same way with winmerge, comparing both assets folders to find differences in the XML files and in each XML you can find out where the sprite is being loaded from, which makes it easier for you to find out what sprite sheets to find and replace the old one(s) with, or you can just go on Realmeye or something and find out what new items/monsters were added, and objects too but that usually only happens when a new world/dungeon is created, im sure realmeye would have it somewhere or maybe reddit who knows, haven't really played in a while.

6) After all differences are found, and implemented into your custom clients source, you are ready to compile and if done right, no errors will appear and your client will load with every feature prods newest client would shadow

Simple as that.
    Last edited by Riigged; 12-13-2019 at 01:11 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

Alde. (12-13-2019)

Threadstarter
    The richest man is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Couldn't have said better.
    Alde is Alde is

Thanks
    i can use fsod?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345