Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Best ways to make money as a web designer / developer?

Hi,

I am quite good at site design and development, I'm currently a student but I do have quite a lot of free time. I'm looking to make sites for other people but the problem is that I don't really know where to find potential clients who would work with me. I can't really confront local business owners because I am just a student. I'm starting to try and sell my services here on MPGH, but I don't expect to earn much money as this is just simply a forum and so my prices must be significantly lower.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks
    You are not "just a student". If you try hard enough you can still sell your services to local businesses. There is no such rule that a student cannot run a business and sell their services. It's just easier to make up an excuse not to do it.

Online there's way more competition and you will work for less $. Sign up on more forums, mpgh is not the only place; try looking for potential clients on classified ad sites. Also you can sign up on various freelancer websites and get a client once in a while. Another good place is Fiverr but you need to be really creative with your listings to bring something valuable without working too hard on it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    As a friend once said "Why should companies choose you? what makes you unique form thousands of web designers/coders? what makes you different fro everyone else?" knowing all of these you don't need to look for jobs they will just come to you.

History
    Official Publicist - 11/09/2017
    Official Newsforce Team - 10/19/2017
    Premium - 10/11/2017

Thanks
    Just look up some local businesses and e-mail them about their site, some critique and maybe they'll accept your offer!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Local churches and tattoo shops is where you'll get most of your bites. Send them a Facebook message/email and get to work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Dude, just learn to the end and start working normally

Thanks
    I am looking for people who are interested to work with me
    message me SKYPE:EDRIS9274525683

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Start local man hand business cards out and talk to people

Thanks
    DiseasedChaos is right on. Local Local Local. You'll get nowhere competing online. Go around a talk to business owners - any places you know the owner or visit regularly? Find local websites that aren't mobile ready and bring up what you can do easily to boost sales / offer to put together info that shows what you can do for them and highlights how they don't have to anything dealing with the online side of their company again.....

Thanks

ez

Not hard at all mate, create threads on different forums and i am pretty sure customers will come to you, if your works are good then it will be word of mouth marketing type

Thanks
    Dunno how you compete with "drag and drop" / code free build a site in "less than an hour" companies. People expect the world and if you hand code, they don't have a clue how long it actually takes to do it right...

Thanks
    You have to run it like any other business. Sell yourself and your services. Create your website, build your portfolio, take on some jobs in the beginning that might not pay well but build a client base and take it from there. Look to websites like upwork, 99 designs, reddit for hire etc. Advertise yourself and if you're good then people will start looking for you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Period View Post
    Hi,

I am quite good at site design and development, I'm currently a student but I do have quite a lot of free time. I'm looking to make sites for other people but the problem is that I don't really know where to find potential clients who would work with me. I can't really confront local business owners because I am just a student. I'm starting to try and sell my services here on MPGH, but I don't expect to earn much money as this is just simply a forum and so my prices must be significantly lower.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
    Your biggest mistake is not being able to discuss your services to store owners, you are putting yourself down... just because you are a student that does not mean you can not go up to these local stores and ask them if they need an upgrade on their site. that is the best way to start I would suggest making business cards and handing it out to family and friends as well.

Thanks
    I think you can create a website these days even without a web designer or web developer to do it for you. For example, website builders like hPage.com make it really easy for you to create a free website even without learning how to code. But you can still make money from website creation. If you are familiar with flipping websites, you can purchase a website for a low price or create a website using a website builder for small monthly fee and sell the domain and web content once you got the whole product going on. I know people who have made thousands of dollar from it and they aren't even coders or expert developers. You can get started on this website called Flipp*****m if you wanna make money from flipping websites.
    Last edited by richiebo; 11-15-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Thanks

start

you may start with freelance opportunities and get paid like half from expert price.
    start to do some work little by little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast