Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Post How to run an Online Flash Game Offline

Before I begin, i'll make it clear that i am in no way proficient at Flash/ActionScript coding - i can understand what some of the variables do just by reading them, but have no idea what to modify, what commands are used in what manner, etc. but willing to learn the needed methods to perform this.

I have no intention to have any of this affect the live online service of the game in question - this is merely a method of preservation of a game that might be lost to obscurity once the service closes, and along with it, its unplayability - both of which i would like to prevent or avoid without literally buying the whole game, licensing and all - which would most easily scale into the hundred thousands if not millions.

The game's content is adult-oriented (18+) and sexually explicit in nature, but that is trivial to me compared to its gameplay aspects.

As per this forum's rules, no sexually explicit images/content from the game shall be posted in this thread.

The game in question is a rather complex one, consisting of several flash .swf files, each handling a specific aspect of the game. The flash files themselves are plain named, but the rest of the assets, such as images, audio and other data files pertaining to other things in the game, have their names stripped and replaced with a strange base64 hash encode that is fixed to game assets (image/audio) even across multiple user accounts. All clientside files are stored in browser cache in either a specific folder structure or some other method of asset locating capability.

The online aspect is tied to a hosting site-wide ID system, with each game hosted on the site having user/player data tied to that ID. The site uses some form of social netowrking software called OpenSocial, which as stated by a long-lost acquaintance who is much more proficient in flash, not only has terrible security flaws, but has the capability to impersonate other users/players by simply using their *****ide ID and swapping it in some method that was not detailed. But that is not what I am after.

The game also uses some form of user activity monitoring sotware named mixpanel - although this seems to pertain more to player trend data gathering i.e. what items are purchased most, used most, what players spend the most time doing, etc.

The site makes strange data requests off a cdn server that return a 403 when attempting direct access via HTTP or FTP url edit protocols, but can be accessed and downloaded by a download manager if the file address on the cdn server is copypasted into the download manager software.

I have attempted to run the game off a simpleHTTP server hosted on loopback IP, but the most i have accomplished is loading the Start Game screen - clicking that promptly deploys an ingame error screen or infinite Now Loading.

Once in a while it makes some sort of content=keepalive issue/request when idle, and during ingame quests, issues a MakeRequest along with one or two other actions.

The online aspects of the game are limited to top rankings and interaction with other players' preset teams - there is no real-time multiplayer aspect.
    The game can be refreshed during a quest and maintain the quest run from the wave the player was in when service was interrupted; a maximum of ten times during normal quests, and three during Player versus not-exactly-Player(preset team controlled by computer/AI)

Whenever an ingame event (special time-limited instance kind of quest map) is redeployed, the assets are apparently 'uploaded' to the game server and once ready, are released to the players and become accessible in-game, and once it ends (usually two week event runtime) it becomes unavailable - bar technical problems, bugs, glitches and whatnot.

My primary objectives:
    Determining what software they use serverside, whether it is a generic flash game server service or a custom one tailored for use with the game flash client, and whether it can be revengineered and/or emulated to make it possible to play the game as if one had a private server of their own for it.

Obtaining all the game assets, including for units that i do not have on my main account - as it stands and the way the game works, it only makes requests and sends game assets for units i have obtained, which automatically means that to obtain them all, i would have to literally obtain all 600+ unique characters.

To date, no player has ever achieved 100% album completion (obtained all characters released in the game) and with new characters released with every event release, this is difficult if not impossible to maintain without repeat expenditure of large amounts of real money on random number generator-dependent pulls.

Unlocking the fabled DEBUG MODE of the game. From what i have seen so far, it is only possible on their own private (debugging/feature testing) server.

Capabilities:

editing the actual flash files

compiling all cached data and collecting all obtained game assets (layered images, masks and complete images, item and character splash images as well as audio for all the characters' voices and game music (special effects unknown, cannot be found or built into flash or otherwise well obfuscated or worse, downloaded on demand then discarded once used)

Any assistance, suggestions or pointers is highly appreciated; thank you for your time and advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    swfmaster contents.png  

Hametena in event with debug mode.jpg  

Thanks
    Very interesting your work bro