It's NOT bannable! It's safe! It's using Windows Firewall!
It works like this:
If your friend's IP is for example 188.8.131.52 then it will create Firewall Rule which is applied to all IPs from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 and from 18.104.22.168 to 255.255.255.255. In short, your friend's IP is bypassed/ignored (that's how only your friend's IP is not blocked and he is allowed to join session).
I played today with a friend, IP whitelist worked for me.
First I added his IP, then did all the steps, after that I did exactly what is said in "NOTE" which is bold font by the way. His IP was something like 22.214.171.124 and program stays opened during gameplay (because by default settings it removes firewall rules on exit).
PS. Program is coded on 1080x720 resolution, I'm sorry if the fonts or form size is somehow different on your PC, don't know how to make it universal!
Do your friends also need to have this set up on their end? I did exactly as instructed. I even checked the firewall settings, but I'm unable to get whitelisting to work. The SessionSweeper tool says it requires both parties to be using the tool. So I'm not sure.
Hey man. With the update today I am now having issues with the white list friends. I have been using it fine since release, but now, when I get my buddys in my server, and set it to block again, it puts me solo on a server, basicly kicks me out of theirs.
All the steps that i do when i try to use the whitelist:
1. I open the .exe in administrator mode.
2. I add my friends valid public ip to the whitelist
3. I check the list to see if their ip were added
4. I run GTA Online and join a session
5. I click "Step 2 - Setup Firewall" and i get a green "Ok" sign
6. I mark the "BLOCK" check box and i hit the click button in "Step 3" and i get a red "X" sign.
7. I go for a new session and i am alone
8. Then follow the bold section to allow my friends to join my session, in other words, i mark the "ALLOW" check box and i hit the click button in "Step 3" and i get a green "Ok" sign, then i wait for my friends to join my session, after they joined my session i then mark the "BLOCK" check box and i hit the click button in "Step 3" and i get a red "X" sign! After i few seconds, to me all my friends get kicked out of session and to my friends i was the one that disconnect form their session.