Thanks

I'd like some help/advise about making trainers

Hey guys,

I recently got back to DragonFable and wanted to try to create a trainer that would please me, rather than taking those of others that are not "personalized".

After some research, I finally ended up with something good or at least working, highly inspired by Legit's Trainer and LoLSalad's one, which you can see here: i.imgur.com/BNIqCbb.png

Then I came across Elixir's post on DF Infinity. For reference, here it is: mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=730107

I immediately fell in love with the interface and the concept, and since the subject is closed for a long time, I suppose it is abandoned. Elixir has not been on the forums for a few weeks and anyway, I can not PM for now.

So I tried to reproduce it on my side, mainly for personal use, anyway I do not intend to share it until I have Elixir's agreement.

It turned out to be a real crap, I broke my head for days trying to reproduce, and finally I got to something similar "visually" speaking, but I still have a few more problems.

Here's what I've done so far: i.imgur.com/6Qat0p3.png

I am posting here in the hope of getting help from people who perhaps know a little better than me, I will not go into the technical details of these problems for now.

I just want to get your opinion.
    I am really excited to eventually reach this goal.
    Last edited by Max4494; 06-18-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    My opinion is the same as I had when I was creating races for WCS mod: I don't see reason to create something which is already exist.

However, if making trainer of your own makes you happy, then that's okay. But you must be motivated to reach your goal, because I...welp, at least I don't have that motivation you seem to have. But also, I don't really play DF anymore so that's why I am not bothered of thinking trainer creating. I just stay with swf stuff as long as I can...and want.

What ever you are trying to reach, good luck with it :3
    There is list of my DragonFable SWFs, released on MPGH Forums:
    Click This

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    well kees going bud and post it as soon as you can will be my pleasure to test it with you
    ***REMEMBER THAT YOU ALWAYS USE CHEAT AT YOUR OWN RISK***
    MESSAGE FOR BATTLE-ON (DF, AQ, etc) SECTION : If you have problem using trainers, go take a look here!

Vouch Thread
    Hey you!! yeah you! if you found this helpfull don't forget to *say thanks* ^_^

七星剣
    真 天体魔法 星崩し

MPGH HISTORY
    PREMIUM - 03-06-2017
    MEMBER - 08-22-2016

Thanks
    Visually speaking, I think my goal is reached.
    Technically speaking, it is not. Buttons just don't work and it's the same for tabs.

I hosted a WinForm application into a WPF one, mainly because WPF don't allow Flash and ribbon was easier to create as WPF.
    I think it's possible to let buttons communicate with the WinForm, I just don't know how and I'm awaiting a response on StackOverflow.

As for the tabs, I think it's the main issue and it can be a real pain to fix. The ribbon I used is restricted to some functions, and I can't manage to customize them as I want, so...

If someone is good at programming and want to help, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Jikurein View Post
    well kees going bud and post it as soon as you can will be my pleasure to test it with you
    Well, as soon as I can fix these issues and really start working on hacks, why not. But I prefer to have Elixir's agreement before sharing it as it's really (if not completly) based on her work. I'll think about it.
    Last edited by Max4494; 06-20-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks
    So, the project does not progress at all, even after days of research, I can not find what Elixir could use to reproduce this interface (and it works, unlike mine).

Having said that, I think I will wait for her to return before continuing the development of the trainer. I'm a bit tired of trying things that don't work, and no one seems motivated to help me out. I'll just wait for someone's help, like on StackOverflow/Elixir/others.

I'll come back if I find something. Until then, I'll take a break.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Max4494 View Post
    So, the project does not progress at all, even after days of research, I can not find what Elixir could use to reproduce this interface (and it works, unlike mine).

Having said that, I think I will wait for her to return before continuing the development of the trainer. I'm a bit tired of trying things that don't work, and no one seems motivated to help me out. I'll just wait for someone's help, like on StackOverflow/Elixir/others.

I'll come back if I find something. Until then, I'll take a break.
    I'd really like to help you but I dont know shit about hacks...I only use them ^_^
    continu to let us know your developement
    MESSAGE FOR BATTLE-ON (DF, AQ, etc) SECTION : If you have problem using trainers, go take a look here!

Vouch Thread

七星剣
    真 天体魔法 星崩し

MPGH HISTORY
    PREMIUM - 03-06-2017
    MEMBER - 08-22-2016

Thanks
    Well, it's still at the same stage for now, and unfortunately, I did not get an answer on StackOverflow, so I'm facing a wall. Elixir has not logged in for a month now, so I have to say I'm starting to lose some hope.

I think the best way would be to contact her directly, the problem is that I do not know how since she no longer seems to be active on MPGH. And maybe never come back.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    and that Elixir person is the only one that can help you??

Vouch Thread

七星剣
    真 天体魔法 星崩し

MPGH HISTORY
    PREMIUM - 03-06-2017
    MEMBER - 08-22-2016

Thanks
    Not really, she's just my best hope, considering the fact that she had already started developing her trainer, so she knows how to solve all the problems I'm currently facing.

Anyone with a minimum of programming experience could help me, but obviously, the DragonFable section is dead on MPGH. So I do not really expect to get the help I need here.

Thanks
    So, after some months of break, I decided to continue this project.
    I gived up on the ribbon, but I managed to do something similar, without all the problems I had at first.

Here it is:

Of course, I'm still working on it, it's not final.
    Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Max4494; 05-20-2018 at 03:15 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Max4494 For This Useful Post:

Eareland (05-23-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    So, after some months of break, I decided to continue this project.
    I gived up on the ribbon, but I managed to do something similar, without all the problems I had at first.

Here it is:

Of course, I'm still working on it, it's not final.
    Let me know what you think.
    looking foward to it

Vouch Thread

七星剣
    真 天体魔法 星崩し

MPGH HISTORY
    PREMIUM - 03-06-2017
    MEMBER - 08-22-2016

Thanks
    Here some sneak peeks again, I'm still working on it, but looks like this will takes more time than I thought.

Gimme your impressions, and maybe your suggestions?
    Last edited by Max4494; 05-30-2018 at 02:49 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Max4494 For This Useful Post:

Eareland (06-03-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    wow looks super nice, cant wait to try it, all other trainers dont seem to fully work for me and only dragon amulet hack worrks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Here some sneak peeks again, I'm still working on it, but looks like this will takes more time than I thought.

Gimme your impressions, and maybe your suggestions?
    oooo rather interesting ,

ps. good work and dropping the ribbon bar was a good choice as what i had going was an absolute pain as you start learning the limitations of the components and visual issues that can occur.
    Last edited by Ellee; 06-29-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: retarded spelling
    Sorry for my grammar and spelling cant be bothered to proof read :3