Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

What you guys think about Bethesda paid mods?

They are coming out with this new thing where they will make people pay for mods basically -_-

Who would pay a fucking $1 (i swear it will not be lower then this) for mods and I am pretty sure the quality check and the compatibility is probably shit. My skyrim modded games has over 350 mods and works without any crashes and I had to work for over 3-4 months to find alternatives and whatnot because some of the mods were incompatible with the others or the textures were overriding each other. REALLY REALLY doubt Bethesda will do the quality check here.

Also I will pirate every fucking mod. Fuck you bethesda.

- - - Updated - - -

Also people say that they don't know how bethesda will let you get the credits but if you fucking look at time stamp 0:35 in the bottom right it says PURCHASE CREDITS so yeah...
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Pretty sure Bethesda said that the only mods that they are going to allow are decently sized ones that could be classed as DLC, they also said that they will quality check the mods coming through.
    Might be wrong though.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why everyone's over-reacting, they couldn't give a shit if you pirate their stuff, they make more than enough money from everyone else anyway, they won't be like "Oh shit boys, Bob says he's gonna boycott us and pirate our shit, we need to cease this immediately so we can keep getting his money from our games"

At least Bethesda actually appreciates modding, compared to the guys in suits over at Take-Two who have no idea what modding actually entails and just want the money from GTA Online.
    Don't like what I say? Here's a solution.

Suck my nuts

Contact

Steam

Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @stock
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Motherboard: ASROCK Z170 Pro4
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

Thanks
    Multiple points to be made here.

Pros

*New high quality content will be made.
    *Top modders receive rewards for their hardwork.
    *Easily accessible mods for plebs.

Cons

*Bethesda milks tf out of skyrim even more.
    *Pirated games dont have mod access
    *Free mods go paid for.
    *Paying for mods deliver lackluster content.

Thanks
    You could still just pirate most of the mods, but atleast mod creators might have more motivation to create some high quality mods

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I got too many mods for Skyrim already. I think I'm good for now. If they expect us to pay for mods they can go suck a dick.

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Multiple points to be made here.

Pros

*New high quality content will be made.
    *Top modders receive rewards for their hardwork.
    *Easily accessible mods for plebs.

Cons

*Bethesda milks tf out of skyrim even more.
    *Pirated games dont have mod access
    *Free mods go paid for.
    *Paying for mods deliver lackluster content.
    Not true, I pirated my skyrim mod and I have full access to creation club (that program) it took me a bit to get all of the files, i had to dig through alot of shit to find the most up to date version but I got it. Same will happen with this.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post

Not true, I pirated my skyrim mod and I have full access to creation club (that program) it took me a bit to get all of the files, i had to dig through alot of shit to find the most up to date version but I got it. Same will happen with this.
    Without more information on this new bethesda paid for mods thing, I don't think it's safe to assume they wont crack down on pirates.

If bethesda makes it so PC skyrim and fallout players have to have a real copy of the game just to use good mods, I'm pretty sure theres a shit ton of people who'll spend $20 on a steam copy of the game. If they can do some ubisoft type pirate detection then they're goign to make a killing off the increased milking sells.

- - - Updated - - -

Also consider this is all to make money, sicne they now have control over the mods why wouldnt they want to crack down on pirating? It's guaranteed to increase sells.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Without more information on this new bethesda paid for mods thing, I don't think it's safe to assume they wont crack down on pirates.

If bethesda makes it so PC skyrim and fallout players have to have a real copy of the game just to use good mods, I'm pretty sure theres a shit ton of people who'll spend $20 on a steam copy of the game. If they can do some ubisoft type pirate detection then they're goign to make a killing off the increased milking sells.

- - - Updated - - -

Also consider this is all to make money, sicne they now have control over the mods why wouldnt they want to crack down on pirating? It's guaranteed to increase sells.
    Yeah but you forget that ubisoft doesn't make sandbox type games. Both skyrim and fallout still have 100's and 100's of bugs after all this time. Do you really think they can fix it with this type of games? I personally doubt it. (the money is not worth the effort)
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post

Yeah but you forget that ubisoft doesn't make sandbox type games. Both skyrim and fallout still have 100's and 100's of bugs after all this time. Do you really think they can fix it with this type of games? I personally doubt it. (the money is not worth the effort)
    If you have to connect to the bethesda workshop through a validated copy of Skyrim / Fallout 4(steam) then you can ensure there are no pirates. And any kind of spoofing hacks could easily be prevented given Bethesda is a huge publisher and prob has enough money to get something like that done.