Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry

My brother's false ban

Hello staff of MPGH. A while back my brother was banned for a "fake vouch". He had left a vouch on this thread - https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread...highlight=nefi

His MPGH is Rockeofdamonzzz.

His vouch was for receiving a Fitbit. The vouches were concluded as fake even though they weren't. Nefi, who was the OP was only banned for 2 weeks (even though I think he is banned perma now for scamming. However, my brother was banned permanently.

First of all this vouch wasn't fake. He had paid him 25 bucks for the Fitbit. He got the email to confirm. He left a vouch but then was banned permanently the very next day because they said his vouch was "fake" because of other people looking suspicious or something. Nefi was only banned for 2 weeks. This Fitbit never actually came (not sure why). Nefi did refund him though but that was essentially the end of it. Nefi got off with 2 weeks but then he was banned permanently.

The reason we didn't really dispute this is because when he contacted a mod at that time ( @059 ), he said he contacted a GM and the GM said my brother's and Nefi's ip's matched, which is absolutely propestorous and makes no sense. He was also getting very big on another website now and is currently a mod on this other website. Not going to mention the website as it's technically not allwod.

What changed recently though is he was talking to @Raple and Raple told him that even IF this was a fake vouch, a permanent ban would be way too much for a first offense. Also he sort of wants to sell on MPGH too as it is a bit of a bigger market.

Thanks so much everyone for your attention!

Thanks
    I did advise him to make a dispute, as I feel like a permanent ban for what was seen as a fake vouch is fairly excessive. I've already checked myself, and "Rockeofdamonzzz" does not match Nefi or any other ban evaders.

I feel like his ban should be reversed. @Hero @Flengo @NormenJaydenFBI

Thanks
    "+1 vouch All went well, ordered 1. Really friendly and quick guy! Was confirmed and received!"

Then you said ^^ " This Fitbit never actually came (not sure why). Nefi did refund him though but that was essentially the end of it."

So... if he never received it, how come he claimed he received it? Looks like a fake vouch to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by zycamzip View Post
    "+1 vouch All went well, ordered 1. Really friendly and quick guy! Was confirmed and received!"

Then you said ^^ " This Fitbit never actually came (not sure why). Nefi did refund him though but that was essentially the end of it."

So... if he never received it, how come he claimed he received it? Looks like a fake vouch to me.
    From what my brother was telling me by "was confirmed and received", he meant that the confirmation email was received and the next day he was banned along with Nefi and all the other suspicious people commenting. And like Raple said, even if this is a fake vouch (which it isn't) a perma ban would be harsh for a first offense.

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    - No misleading or unofficial vouching of any kind, only vouching allowed is by transactional parties including official middle men. (Permanent Ban)

Rules state that for false vouches you get permanently banned. You threaten the integrity of the MPGH marketplace by doing so. So unless you can prove to whoever banned you that it wasn't a fake vouch (with actual evidence) I don't see why he should be unbanned.

@Flengo was the one who banned him.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 08-11-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    - No misleading or unofficial vouching of any kind, only vouching allowed is by transactional parties including official middle men. (Permanent Ban)

Rules state that for false vouches you get permanently banned. You threaten the integrity of the MPGH marketplace by doing so. So unless you can prove to whoever banned you that it wasn't a fake vouch (with actual evidence) I don't see why he should be unbanned.

@Flengo was the one who banned him.
    He can't really "prove it" but shouldn't you be innocent until "proven guilty"? There isn't really any proof that it was indeed a fake vouch. Also, I'm curious why the OP would get banned for 2 weeks and the commenters get banned perma?

If you don't think every day is a good day, try missing one
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by SDjngers View Post
    He can't really "prove it" but shouldn't you be innocent until "proven guilty"? There isn't really any proof that it was indeed a fake vouch. Also, I'm curious why the OP would get banned for 2 weeks and the commenters get banned perma?
    I don't think we would ban somebody without proof, but @Flengo will decide his fate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    I don't think we would ban somebody without proof, but @Flengo will decide his fate.
    Alright, can't argue with that. Hope he makes the right choice, my brother is a trustworthy person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    uhm @Flengo

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    uhm @Flengo
    To be fair to him his last activity was 2 days ago aha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Not sure why you're disputing it now after so long. I don't remember what MM reported this to me, but I know that it was reported. Don't have the Skype logs to check anymore from back then.

Based on the above, he was banned permanently since fake vouching was done by the OP. All the accounts were fake.

Ban lifted. @Hova
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010