Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful

AQ3D Private Server 2017???

So i found this video on YouTube and this guy tells you how to make a private server, now this was a long time ago but i think someone could probably recreate this and make their own server, im just tyring to help some people out, look up on YouTube: Harjap G101 and watch his part 1 and part 2, if his name doesent come up try searching:Initiating an AQ3D PS PART 1! If anyone pull this off tell me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryExodus View Post
    So i found this video on YouTube and this guy tells you how to make a private server, now this was a long time ago but i think someone could probably recreate this and make their own server, im just tyring to help some people out, look up on YouTube: Harjap G101 and watch his part 1 and part 2, if his name doesent come up try searching:Initiating an AQ3D PS PART 1! If anyone pull this off tell me
    Nothing in those videos show 1. How to setup a private server and 2. that he even has a private server himself.

All he has shown is how to join private servers by modifying the client.
    I am just here to learn, definitely not for hacks... o_O Just learning

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    ahhh ok, xD but wait, if he's editing the server in which to get the assets from, dont you think that maybe you can use himachi (i think thats what its called) you can setup your own server?

Thanks
    You'd need the servers code to do that though, or recreate it from scratch

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    OK cool! I just wish i could make a ps and do my own updates, im a little bit experienced in unity 3d

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    If that's the case then why not just contact Artix himself and ask if you can join his AQ3D coding team?
    You can then be a Legit AE employee and have free stuff for your character. Maybe even get paid real money for your work.
    The Cash Must Flow

Thanks
    Sick idea m9, fun tip: also works if your a politician

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryExodus View Post
    OK cool! I just wish i could make a ps and do my own updates, im a little bit experienced in unity 3d
    You don't necessary need experience in Unity to make an AdventureQuest 3D private server.

1) Decrypt the game packets and check the packet structures.
    2) Work on the database structure.
    3) Create a web server to handle the login/register/gamefiles.
    4) Edit the game client and make it connect to your server.
    5) Begin developing your private server.
    Last edited by Tokuchi.; 09-14-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    YOOOOO TEACH ME MAN

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuchi. View Post
    You don't necessary need experience in Unity to make an AdventureQuest 3D private server.

1) Decrypt the game packets and check the packet structures.
    2) Work on the database structure.
    3) Create a web server to handle the login/register/gamefiles.
    4) Edit the game client and make it connect to your server.
    5) Begin developing your private server.
    :O hehehehehehehehehh i have no idea how lol

Thanks
    I was able to get most of the basic stuff working like changing maps, equip/unequip/sell/buy items, change classes etc. Also started with more complex stuff like using skills and ai follow.

I was making good progress but with the new client update there were some changes to packets like data/structure and command ids. Since the game was still in alpha there were constant changes to the client and packets. So I decided that it isn't really efficient to rewrite the server code for every client update. I think there won't be big changes to packet data once the game gets released. I am waiting for the game to come out of beta, after that I will continue working on the private server.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhysling View Post
    I was able to get most of the basic stuff working like changing maps, equip/unequip/sell/buy items, change classes etc. Also started with more complex stuff like using skills and ai follow.

I was making good progress but with the new client update there were some changes to packets like data/structure and command ids. Since the game was still in alpha there were constant changes to the client and packets. So I decided that it isn't really efficient to rewrite the server code for every client update. I think there won't be big changes to packet data once the game gets released. I am waiting for the game to come out of beta, after that I will continue working on the private server.
    When did they change their structure? I made the beginnings of a headless client in C++ and don't really want to have to mess with the protocol code again.
    Also what language did you code you're private server in? I wanted to just do it in C++ because I've quite a bit of interest in learning more about the advanced techniques but it seems a more higher level language like C# would make sense, especially since alot of the net code can be copied straight from the game client.
    I am just here to learn, definitely not for hacks... o_O Just learning

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzoid View Post
    When did they change their structure? I made the beginnings of a headless client in C++ and don't really want to have to mess with the protocol code again.
    Also what language did you code you're private server in? I wanted to just do it in C++ because I've quite a bit of interest in learning more about the advanced techniques but it seems a more higher level language like C# would make sense, especially since alot of the net code can be copied straight from the game client.
    There was definitely a big chance going from tech demo to alpha. I don't remember everything about alpha but there were probably some small changes too, especially with cmd ids. I don't know how it is now. Maybe they are finished with the packet changes, and everything stays the same. I haven't checked recently.

I am using C# for programming. I am more experienced in it and find it easier to work with. Also don't see a reason to use a lower level language. Still it is all about personal preference. I mean if you want to improve yourself in C++, I would say go for it. It might be more challenging or take more time if you are not used to the language, but you would learn something at the end.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    teach me how to make a ps :P