Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Question Budget gaming computer build

, hey guys, my name's Gonçalo, I'm 19 and from Portugal, and I've been lurking MPGH for quite a bit now, roughly a year, I think, every now and then, just could never be bothered to register myself on it, (too lazy ). Anyway, since I find myself more bored than usual and actually need help from computer part experts with something I'm about to explain right ahead, decided to join it and see how things go. So, humm, I'm planning on moving forward from my old vastly outdated AMD-based computer build, but am not sure what to do next since I'm not really that much of a computer part expert myself to be honest. By the way, as aforementioned, I've just joined MPGH and am thus not very familiar with how everything works around here so please cooperate with me throughout the whole "getting to know the ropes of being an MPGH user" process or whatever you want to call it.

The computer rig as follows is the one I'm thinking of buying:

Monitor: Not buying a new one since I think my current one's already good enough as it is to work along with the GPU I'm getting unless pointed out in another and better direction - HD resolution with a 60hz refresh rate.

Case: Same as the monitor, not buying a new one since the one I currently have will do.

CPU: Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560 - €80,00.

CPU cooler: Default one since I don't really think I'll need a better one considering the CPU I'm probably going to buy isn't even part of the K series - €0,00.

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-A - €158,58.

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1050ti, just want a nice GPU for its price tag that can allow me to play at a steady whole 60 FPS at a 1920x1080 resolution - €150,00.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX, XMP 2.0 featured, 1x8GB, 2666mhz - €83,34.

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5 7200rpm - €64,28.

PSU: Aerocool XPredator 650GM - €79,00 selected a 650W PSU for future-proof purposes. Believe you know what I mean.

Total: €615,20 + shipping fees.

Planning to buy most of the computer parts reffered above from Amazon.es except for the GPU, which I'm buying from a friend of mine for cheaper than at retail price here, in Portugal. Please let me know if there's anything can be done to turn my budget gaming computer build into a better one. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Blizzard.; 09-15-2017 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the RAM in.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    You already have a graphics card? Don't buy a z-series motherboard if u don't wanna buy a k cpu.
    Me-->___( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    ███۞███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..._______________( ͡°_ʖ ͡°) <--- Scammer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Banu1337 For This Useful Post:

Blizzard. (09-14-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Banu1337 View Post
    You already have a graphics card? Don't buy a z-series motherboard if u don't wanna buy a k cpu.
    I do, but it's really crappy hence my desire to upgrade it to a better one, in this case, the Asus Rog Strix GTX 1050ti. As for the your statement, I want to buy a Z-series motherboard because I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU mentioned to an i5-7600K, which would be more than enough for gaming, no?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard. View Post
    I do, but it's really crappy hence my desire to upgrade it to a better one, in this case, the Asus Rog Strix GTX 1050ti. As for the your statement, I want to buy a Z-series motherboard because I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU mentioned to an i5-7600K, which would be more than enough for gaming, no?
    i5 7600k will be just fine but you just said in the cpu cooler that you weren't going to buy a k model
    Me-->___( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    ███۞███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..._______________( ͡°_ʖ ͡°) <--- Scammer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Banu1337 View Post
    i5 7600k will be just fine but you just said in the cpu cooler that you weren't going to buy a k model
    Sorry, meant it like in the future, not right now*, (the i5 7600K, that is). The Pentium G4560 for now and the i5 7600K for later on, when I'm able to buy it.
    Last edited by Blizzard.; 09-14-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Sounds good

Time's money so don't waste mine.

I do not condone illegal activities.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hype For This Useful Post:

Blizzard. (09-15-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by LUX View Post
    Sounds good
    You think? I thought of going with a decent up-to-date AMD-based budget gaming build, but then again AMD processors are mostly meant for those who perform demanding CPU tasks often, (3D rendering, etc), and I really wouldn't use my new PC build for that purpose, but rather for gaming instead just like I do with my current one. Not to mention that my still current old AMD processor used to scare the hell out of me with its absurdly high temperatures when gaming and it still does. Well, thanks for your input on this matter, even though it's a short one, I still consider it as valuable nonetheless.
    Last edited by Blizzard.; 09-15-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You think? I thought of going with a decent up-to-date AMD-based budget gaming build, but then again AMD processors are mostly meant for those who perform demanding CPU tasks often, (3D rendering, etc), and I really wouldn't use my new PC build for that purpose, but rather for gaming instead just like I do with my currentn one. Not to mention that my still current old AMD processor used to scare the hell out of me with its absurdly high temperatures when gaming and it still does. Well, thanks for your input on this matter, even though it's a short one, I still consider it as valuable nonetheless.
    Well I'm an Intel-Guy even tho I went with an AMG GFX on my current build and it works really well...wasn't quite sure if it was clever but so far didn't had any problems so AMD is cool even for the price!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by LUX View Post

Well I'm an Intel-Guy even tho I went with an AMG GFX on my current build and it works really well...wasn't quite sure if it was clever but so far didn't had any problems so AMD is cool even for the price!
    AMD GPUs-wise, they're good, especially the Shappire models. Their cooling capabilities are great from what I could gather around, which in turn provides more headroom for overclocking, but as for AMD's processor lines, still too hot for my taste.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    AMD GPUs-wise, they're good, especially the Shappire models. Their cooling capabilities are great from what I could gather around, which in turn provides more headroom for overclocking, but as for AMD's processor lines, still too hot for my taste.
    Can't tell anything about that, sorry. I'm not that updated anymore about gaming rigs...so you better don't listen on what I say

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest not going Intel. Unless you're going for a 7700k and 144fps+ gaming, there's not really much point.
    So as an alternative I suggest going with AMD Ryzen. More cores for your buck.
    Get a B350 Motherboard- Asrock AB350 Pro 4, Gigabyte Ab350 Gaming 3
    R5-1600 6 cores/12 threads and cpu cooler is included. It'll perform pretty much on par with the i5 7600 in gaming and you get extra cores for stuff in the background.
    An 8gb kit of 3000mhz ram
    As for your power supply choice, not really sure of the quality of Aerocool, so might be worth spending the extra money to go with a more reputable brand.

Regards

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Thanks for the suggestion, but already ordered all the PC parts I originally planned to. @Boombox, @Austin, please close this thread. Thanks!