Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,827
    Reputation
    99
    Thanks
    218
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Why is he handed opportunities by whites specifically? Is it perhaps because you think whites are superior? Or is it because you feel like black people aren't capable of achieving greatness without the help of whites?
    No, it's because white people literally raised him (when his own black father abandoned him)...and own the football team he plays on, they sign his pay-check.

    If blacks adopted him and signed his pay-checks I would say the same for them...

    My point is that he claims the the country only allows whites to get ahead, or that law enforcement is inherently racist to African Americans, if any of this were true, he wouldn't be in the position he's in.

    The guy is a fucking hack that hates America, nothing more to it, and the recent Nike shoe incident proves it.








     





















  2. #32
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    7,165
    Reputation
    535
    Thanks
    948
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    My point is that he claims the the country only allows whites to get ahead, or that law enforcement is inherently racist to African Americans, if any of this were true, he wouldn't be in the position he's in.
    Because he succeeded that means the problem doesn't exist? Complete non sequitur.

    Colin is an NFL caliber football player. He does not represent the average American or even the average African American. Using him to guage the life of an average African American and the marginalization Black people are exposed to is idiotic at best.

    To see whether the problem of disproportionate violence by law enforcement on african americans, we look at stats and studies on the topic:

    YLLs(Years of life lost) highlight that police violence disproportionately impacts young people, and the young people affected are disproportionately people of colour.
    Mapping police violence
    Police Killings of Unarmed Black Men Affect Mental Health of Black Community
    And finally, a google scholar search shows thousands of studies regarding law enforcement and African Americans/Latinos. Most studies support and prove the hypothesis that African Americans are disproportionately killed by law enforcement even when unarmed and when controlled for crime done(if a crime is committed).

    At this point, it is clear that Colin's concerns are justified and, if you truly love America, you would also protest peacefully like him for the lives of your innocent American brothers and sisters.

  3. #33
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,827
    Reputation
    99
    Thanks
    218
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    At this point, it is clear that Colin's concerns are justified and, if you truly love America, you would also protest peacefully like him for the lives of your innocent American brothers and sisters.
    OK, explain the shoe problem, who did he help with that? Which suffering African American has been lifted from impoverishment with that? How many kids did he save from being shot?

    Explain the point other than him hating America.








     





















  4. #34
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    7,165
    Reputation
    535
    Thanks
    948
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    OK, explain the shoe problem, who did he help with that? Which suffering African American has been lifted from impoverishment with that? How many kids did he save from being shot?

    Explain the point other than him hating America.
    Well I'm not really in the business of defending all of Kaprenick's actions. I was simply explaining the kneeling issue.

    However since you did ask, and since it is a recent event, I will try to break the situation down.

    Nike comes up with a Betsy Ross segregation era Flag shoe.

    This 13 star flag has, for a long time, been appropriated by white supremacists as a symbol for white supremacy and anti-diversity. This is very well known and not much research is required to see how this flag has been used time and time again as a symbol of white supremacy.

    What Colin Kaprenick did, to my understanding, is to ask nike to pull the design because it might be offensive. This is not the first time a design is pulled because it's offensive. This is also not the first time someone's had personal problems with a company's designs/decisions and asked them to change a product. Don't you remember what happened when Nike announced Kaprenick as a Nike athlete? People were burning their shoes and boycotting Nike because they were offended by them adopting Colin

    The flag of course is a part of American history. No one can deny that. However, Colin did not ask for the design to be pulled because he hates America. He did it because he didn't like what the flag has come to represent. Again I would like to emphasize that this isn't the first time we have been alerted that the Betsy Ross flag is being used by racists. This has been going on for a very long time.

  5. #35
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,827
    Reputation
    99
    Thanks
    218
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post


    Well I'm not really in the business of defending all of Kaprenick's actions. I was simply explaining the kneeling issue.

    However since you did ask, and since it is a recent event, I will try to break the situation down.

    Nike comes up with a Betsy Ross segregation era Flag shoe.

    This 13 star flag has, for a long time, been appropriated by white supremacists as a symbol for white supremacy and anti-diversity. This is very well known and not much research is required to see how this flag has been used time and time again as a symbol of white supremacy.

    What Colin Kaprenick did, to my understanding, is to ask nike to pull the design because it might be offensive. This is not the first time a design is pulled because it's offensive. This is also not the first time someone's had personal problems with a company's designs/decisions and asked them to change a product. Don't you remember what happened when Nike announced Kaprenick as a Nike athlete? People were burning their shoes and boycotting Nike because they were offended by them adopting Colin

    The flag of course is a part of American history. No one can deny that. However, Colin did not ask for the design to be pulled because he hates America. He did it because he didn't like what the flag has come to represent. Again I would like to emphasize that this isn't the first time we have been alerted that the Betsy Ross flag is being used by racists. This has been going on for a very long time.
    You don't think that's an issue? That something being "potentially offensive" to some gets a whole product destroyed or removed?

    Also, the flag was to celebrate the country's independence, when that happened that was the flag...it's just reality.

    Let me ask then, do you think that everyone who likes that flag is inherently racist or offensive, and if so, why?








     





















  6. #36
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    7,165
    Reputation
    535
    Thanks
    948
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    That something being "potentially offensive" to some gets a whole product destroyed or removed?
    Not necessarily. As I have already shown you, people get products removed all the time all over the world for being offensive/inflammatory. It's quite important to deplatform/censor hateful and racist imagery and products to stop the spread of these ideas. We do this all the time all throughout history. An example of this would be this 141 page abstract on Cold War era censorship on communist imagery in America. And before you say this was only because we were at "war", here's another google scholar search on the history of censorship in America both during the time of war and during a time of relative peace. Another good place to look would be the history of product boycotts in America and how this has been both a good and a bad thing.




    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    do you think that everyone who likes that flag is inherently racist or offensive, and if so, why?
    Absolutely not. I do not think that anyone that likes the flag is a racist or a bigot. I made sure to acknowledge in my previous response that the flag is a part of American history. The flag has however been appropriated by white supremacists time after time. I urge you to check the links I previously provided about the history of this flag and its links to white supremacy and to even research it yourself.

    A good analogy to this situation would be the swastika. The swastika is an ancient eurasian symbol. It is a part of history. However we choose not to wear it or use it because it has been appropriated by the Nazi party and it would offend many people. I hope that helps you see why some people might have a problem with the 13 star flag despite it being a part of American history.

  7. #37
    X_Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    227
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I mean I don't feel like there is any disrespect at all. I mean most people know what they are kneeling for. They clearly are not trying to disrespect the veterans at all rather to spread awareness of black men being killed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Should people have the choice to kill themselves?
    By doyely01 in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-02-2019, 03:47 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 05:26 PM
  3. New drawings i did during the day.
    By Zen in forum Showroom
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 06:52 PM
  5. should people be aloud to post polls on racese
    By 413X in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 06:14 PM