Thanks

Cost Price - Whole Sale Price - Retail Prices *Questions*

Dealing with laptops under 1000$, what do you guys think that the ratio between the cost price, whole sale price, and retail price is?
    Like if the cost price is 100$, then the wholesale price is 200$, and the retail price is 400$? (Just an example) ~ b/c of the info i read below in the link

https://www.launchgrowjoy.com/how-to...your-products/

I know that their a many different laptops so i will try to narrow it down to one laptop of my choosing (or you guys can choose ur own laptop and list 3 ratios)

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575-3.../dp/B01K1IO3QW This laptop retail price is 350$. Using my assumptions above the wholesale price would be 175$ and the cost price is 87.5$.

I am only asking this question b/c i am able to buy the laptop for 200$, in quantities of 5 and above. So i find it confusing how my supplier is making profit since the wholesale price he get is 175$ (with my assumptions) + he has to pay shipping. Also 200$ was my offer too, he may even go lower if i had said a lower price. I am confused because even if my supplier had bought the laptop at 130$ and resold it to me for 200$, then that means the cost price would have to be lower then 130$. (which is ridiculously cheap to produce in my opinion). So i'm hoping someone can clear up some confusions to me.

Other things to consider
    My supplier claims that he buys these laptops, from the vendor itself, maybe the acer just wants to get rid of all their laptops, stolen???.

- Is this price too good to be true?, should i just take advantage of this opportunity and buy a crap ton of these laptops and resell? Anyways just wanted your guys opinions.

PS: Would be funny if my supplier shipped me rocks instead of the actual laptop & i have to dispute 4 my money back. Laptops should be shipping tmr i bought a few already, but to me this is a really good deal and if they are legit real laptops, should i be buying more? B/C i know i can sell them for like 300$ on craighlist easily.
    Last edited by Edible Cyanide; 10-25-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Wrong Section

In my opinion this should be moved to marketplace section. And also yes this seems a bit fishy he probably obtain them illegally so be cautious.

History
    Official Publicist - 11/09/2017
    Official Newsforce Team - 10/19/2017
    Premium - 10/11/2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dependent For This Useful Post:

Edible Cyanide (10-25-2017)

Thanks
    It is suspicious. My guess is that they are stolen

Thanks
    Your supplier may be lying about his cost to get and depending on where he ships from, it may be cheaper than you think. Business shipping accounts such as FedEx gives you a HUGE discount if you ship a lot. Then there's shipping using his employers accounts etc. Many factors into this.

As far as taking opportunity in this, be safe first and order a few at a time.

Thanks
    Not going to comment on your transactions, but the difference in price between wholesale and retail is usually not very high. The hotter the item, the less the difference. Some items, believe it or not, may have no difference between wholesale and retail; this may sound like a bad business move, but it's so that stores can increase their customer base or keep their customers happy by offering the hot items. This becoming more common as manufacturers are starting to sell the products directly through online sales or through their own retail stores.
    [img]https://**********.com/addskype/osustudent1.png[/img]
    Note: I will always ask you to confirm your identity on mpgh.