Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Sigh.. At this point I honestly think you're mentally retarded. Why can you not grasp the point that racism can be a cause of ignorance. This baffles my mind.
    That wasn't what you said nor was it your point. You've flip flopped your definition of racism multiple times, now we're back at it being prejudice again. Obviously if you don't want to know something then you wont. However you said "What you're defining isn't what racism is today. Racism today occurs because people simply are just ignorant." So which is it? Is racism a cause of ignorance or is ignorance a cause of racism? Can you please make your mind up on what your point is instead of changing what your "point" was, or what the definition of racism/ignorance is every post. If we cannot establish a common understanding of what we're talking about then how do you expect to convey your argument? You didn't expect to achieve anything by responding to me, you're fully aware that your original point was refuted so you had to change what you said. Instead of this being about racism, it became about "modern racism", then you make a bold claim that it modern racism occurs due to ignorance. Which if we're talking about prejudice then that's correct, but as it still stands if we're talking about the Oxford definitions of racism then you're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I agree with you, not sure why he can't...

I just see Dab acting so ignorant calling others plebs, thinking is superior to everyone when, in reality, he isn't.
    Not sure if you're actually following what has been said or if you're skimming over the posts.

tl;dr

This all stems from his ignorance about the word "racism". He didn't like the fact that I explained how humans beings instinctively are racist by the very definition of racism. He then goes onto misunderstand saying "survival tactics and racism arent the same", once he understood his ignorance he had to backtrack and change his definition of racism.

Now he's changing his point from post to post. 2 posts ago he was claiming someones opinion means they're ignorant which I gave a beautiful analogy of how colors are all reflecting light, but me claiming blue is the best color does not make me ignorant to that fact. He's changed his argument in attempts to strawman, and you've fallen for it. Pleb.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    That's not ignorance... to be ignorant means you do not know something. It's not that they don't "know people are equal" it's that their opinion is they are superior to other people. Which many valid arguments can be made depending on what we consider to be superior.

If someone thinks there is scientific evidence backing up the claim they're biologically superior (whatever that may mean) or maybe smarter than other races because of the genes present in that race, then that would be a misconception as I said earlier. Not ignorance, it's not that they did not know the facts, they simply did not understand them.

A black person arguing that they get less wrinkles or less sunburn means they are superior is a valid argument. Because it's true... how does that make them racist let alone ignorant? Again, WHAT ARE THEY IGNORANT ABOUT? If you can't answer that question then it's probably not ignorance, but a misconception instead.

Just because you can't articulate a coherent and sound argument doesn't justify your misuse of the words "ignorant" and "racist".

- - - Updated - - -

Let me give you analogy since that seems to help plebs understand.

I think the color blue is the BEST color! However, that doesn't mean I don't know the fact all colors are just different wavelengths of light being absorbed/reflected. I just THINK the color blue is the BEST color... do you understand pleb? That's not ignorance, just because I have an unpopular opinion does not mean I am ignorant. You are the ignorant one for not understanding this difference.
    Okay, I get what you're saying.

You're basically saying Shadow's words of "Racism today occurs because people simply are just ignorant" is an inaccurate statement. It should be "Racism today occurs because people simply are just MISCONCEIVED" because the definition of Misconceived applies better to Racism than Ignorance, yes?

Thanks
    That wasn't what you said nor was it your point. You've flip flopped your definition of racism multiple times, now we're back at it being prejudice again. Obviously if you don't want to know something then you wont. However you said "What you're defining isn't what racism is today. Racism today occurs because people simply are just ignorant." So which is it? Is racism a cause of ignorance or is ignorance a cause of racism? Can you please make your mind up on what your point is instead of changing what your "point" was, or what the definition of racism/ignorance is every post. If we cannot establish a common understanding of what we're talking about then how do you expect to convey your argument? You didn't expect to achieve anything by responding to me, you're fully aware that your original point was refuted so you had to change what you said. Instead of this being about racism, it became about "modern racism", then you make a bold claim that it modern racism occurs due to ignorance. Which if we're talking about prejudice then that's correct, but as it still stands if we're talking about the Oxford definitions of racism then you're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you're actually following what has been said or if you're skimming over the posts.

tl;dr

This all stems from his ignorance about the word "racism". He didn't like the fact that I explained how humans beings instinctively are racist by the very definition of racism. He then goes onto misunderstand saying "survival tactics and racism arent the same", once he understood his ignorance he had to backtrack and change his definition of racism.

Now he's changing his point from post to post. 2 posts ago he was claiming someones opinion means they're ignorant which I gave a beautiful analogy of how colors are all reflecting light, but me claiming blue is the best color does not make me ignorant to that fact. He's changed his argument in attempts to strawman, and you've fallen for it. Pleb.
    Only thing I can comment on is the "survival tactics and racism aren't the same" comment. Now I'm just going to assume that survival tactics include our instincts. With that said and from personal experience, I've had the instinct to leave a location I was at due to me being alone and near a black male, possibly due to stereotypes we heard when growing up. Of course I wanted to live to see another day so my instincts kicked in and caused me to leave. If you believe that stereotyping blacks is racist and your instincts are your survival tactics then it would make logical sense that racism and survival tactics have a connection.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Only thing I can comment on is the "survival tactics and racism aren't the same" comment. Now I'm just going to assume that survival tactics include our instincts. With that said and from personal experience, I've had the instinct to leave a location I was at due to me being alone and near a black male, possibly due to stereotypes we heard when growing up. Of course I wanted to live to see another day so my instincts kicked in and caused me to leave. If you believe that stereotyping blacks is racist and your instincts are your survival tactics then it would make logical sense that racism and survival tactics have a connection.
    Maybe you'll be interested in what I actually said then.

Well from an objective perspective, humans being racist are the same reason there are picky eaters.

Back in the wooden dildo days we would have to find food laying around in the woods because hunting was too inconsistent. So we evolved to start eating only foods we know are good, this was to avoid us trying every plant in the forest and dying. For the tiemjs we did explore new foods, it was taken in very very small proportions to see if it gets us sick. Notice a very picky person trying something new will feel disgusted and at most try a little bit of the new food. This is a natural biological response in humans to avoid getting poisoned.

When it comes to racism the same concept applies. We naturally suspicious of those who are different than us, and for good reason. People like the native americans would see Europeans and be run away from them. Because they were different, and guess what happen to those that tried treating them like their own? They were killed or enslaved. This has been going on all of human history, so it's literally in our DNA like you said to be racist, but not just white people. All people.
    Only a pleb like shitdow would feel the need to attempt to argue with this statement. I'm literally teaching plebs how and why they're racist, but instead im being told racism is ignorance, humans cant be naturally racist, etc... Facts and reason only go so far, if people refuse them then there is no basis for a conversation let alone a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by John.McDonald View Post
    Okay, I get what you're saying.

You're basically saying Shadow's words of "Racism today occurs because people simply are just ignorant" is an inaccurate statement.
    No, I'm not. Prejudice occurs when people are ignorant. What I'm saying is racism does not equal ignorance, which is the whole point of this exchange. To be ignorant means you don't know stereotypes, however to be prejudice you have to be ignorant, hence why he's under the presumption Racism =/= Ignorance. Depending on the definition and context of what is racist, it can either be caused by ignorance as he said, or it can be a misunderstanding of others. Instead of the redneck being totally ignorant to the fact black people are people too, he may just have the opinion that blacks are criminals, which is reinforced by his misunderstanding and misconceptions. Not his ignorance
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    No, I'm not. Prejudice occurs when people are ignorant. What I'm saying is racism does not equal ignorance, which is the whole point of this exchange. To be ignorant means you don't know stereotypes, however to be prejudice you have to be ignorant, hence why he's under the presumption Racism =/= Ignorance.

Depending on the definition and context of what is racist, it can either be caused by ignorance as he said, or it can be a misunderstanding of others. Instead of the redneck being totally ignorant to the fact black people are people too, he may just have the opinion that blacks are criminals, which is reinforced by his misunderstanding and misconceptions. Not his ignorance
    So racism can be a cause of ignorance or misconceptions depending on the context is what you're saying?

Thanks
    Maybe you'll be interested in what I actually said then.

Only a pleb like shitdow would feel the need to attempt to argue with this statement. I'm literally teaching plebs how and why they're racist, but instead im being told racism is ignorance, humans cant be naturally racist, etc... Facts and reason only go so far, if people refuse them then there is no basis for a conversation let alone a debate.

No, I'm not. Prejudice occurs when people are ignorant. What I'm saying is racism does not equal ignorance, which is the whole point of this exchange. To be ignorant means you don't know stereotypes, however to be prejudice you have to be ignorant, hence why he's under the presumption Racism =/= Ignorance. Depending on the definition and context of what is racist, it can either be caused by ignorance as he said, or it can be a misunderstanding of others. Instead of the redneck being totally ignorant to the fact black people are people too, he may just have the opinion that blacks are criminals, which is reinforced by his misunderstanding and misconceptions. Not his ignorance
    No you dumb fuck. You're saying that ignorance cannot be the stem of racism. Ignorance can be the stem of racism and it has been. People can be racist for many different reasons. Survival instincts are racism. Definition of Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    If someone is scared or afraid of someone that is a different skin colour than them, that is a resultant of their survival instincts.

Thanks
    Well from an objective perspective, humans being racist are the same reason there are picky eaters.

Back in the wooden dildo days we would have to find food laying around in the woods because hunting was too inconsistent. So we evolved to start eating only foods we know are good, this was to avoid us trying every plant in the forest and dying. For the tiemjs we did explore new foods, it was taken in very very small proportions to see if it gets us sick. Notice a very picky person trying something new will feel disgusted and at most try a little bit of the new food. This is a natural biological response in humans to avoid getting poisoned.

When it comes to racism the same concept applies. We naturally suspicious of those who are different than us, and for good reason. People like the native americans would see Europeans and be run away from them. Because they were different, and guess what happen to those that tried treating them like their own? They were killed or enslaved. This has been going on all of human history, so it's literally in our DNA like you said to be racist, but not just white people. All people.
    This is true. In our evolutionary history, we were prone to avoid outgroups for various reasons. One of the reasons was to avoid unwanted pathogens or disease. Another reason was to avoid injury. We call these concepts "disease-avoidance" and "danger-avoidance", respectively.
    Paper for disease-avoidance: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...016.01038/full
    Paper for danger-avoidance: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3161248/
    You can find more papers such as these ones online.

So, in short, discriminating outgroups was all done in assurance to our survival. Some people might find this to be a bit awry, but think of it this way: we are not proud of everything that has been brought up from our evolutionary history. The instinct to be discriminatory is something that has been carried out in our evolutionary history.

No you dumb fuck. You're saying that ignorance cannot be the stem of racism. Ignorance can be the stem of racism and it has been. People can be racist for many different reasons. Survival instincts are racism. Definition of Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    If someone is scared or afraid of someone that is a different skin colour than them, that is a resultant of their survival instincts.
    Yes you can make a case for ignorance being a *case* for racism. I don't think you can make a case for the *stem* for racism though because there are so many factors that contribute to an individual being racist. Naturally we have our evolutionary traits, but there are other things to consider: i.e. where you were brought up, the kind of groups you affiliate with. In short, environmental effects.

Also, I think people are misinterpreting what Dab is saying:

- Breaking it down: Prejudice is an opinion you have on a group with absolutely no prior knowledge or experience with that particular group. In addition, it can be based without reason.

All of this is according to the definition of prejudice:

So, yes, you're right that prejudice can be based on ignorance. Given that definition, though, it can be based on irrationality. You could know a lot about a typical group, but tend to ignore information that is inconsistent with your belief and accept information that reflects your own beliefs (i.e. confirmation bias). So while an individual may know a lot about a group, they can still reject the inconsistent information and come off as racist. This would be a form of prejudice -- more specifically biased prejudice, while being ignorant would be ignorant prejudice.

That's my take on it. It could go both ways, and there is reasonable interpretation to believe so. Regardless though... there are bigger issues to worry about.
    Last edited by Hero; 11-10-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

Thanks
    Survival instincts are racism.

Survival tactics and racism are two different things.

Okay we're done here shitdow. You've proven beyond a doubt that you are incapable of having an intellectual conversation.

Also I'm saying ignorance and racism are not the same thing. As I've been saying in every post now, that's something you don't seem to grasp. You can be ignorant, and racist, and racism can cause you to be ignorant, as well as ignorance can lead to racism. However that does not mean they are the same thing, and that certainly doesn't mean every racist is ignorant. IF you're able to listen to what I say enough to contradict your original statements, maybe you'll understand this final one and quit shit posting.
    Former BattleOn Minion

Thanks
    Okay we're done here shitdow. You've proven beyond a doubt that you are incapable of having an intellectual conversation.

Also I'm saying ignorance and racism are not the same thing. As I've been saying in every post now, that's something you don't seem to grasp. You can be ignorant, and racist, and racism can cause you to be ignorant, as well as ignorance can lead to racism. However that does not mean they are the same thing, and that certainly doesn't mean every racist is ignorant. IF you're able to listen to what I say enough to contradict your original statements, maybe you'll understand this final one and quit shit posting.
    Lol
    doesn't mean every racist is ignorant
    I didn't say there were? You can't even understand what i'm saying here. That people can be racist because of ignorance. You seem to crawl out of your rock once in a while and talk about having an intelligent conversation. You did not reply to multiple mentions because you had nothing to say. You're the worst kind of narcissist out there. Go crawl back under your rock now.

Thanks
    Still don't understand logical fallacies don't hold up in arguments, huh pleb?

That people can be racist because of ignorance.
    Some nazi child can honestly believe and only know that jews are evil. What is it that he's ignorant about? The fact jews are humans too? He already knows that. Are you trying to claim racism is the fault of people being ignorant of other's feelings? You're simply saying things without any meaning, you literally had no point to respond to my original post to. Just stop.
    Former BattleOn Minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    The fuck is this and why should I believe it's credible and what reason would I care about antifa doing anything?

/shit thread

- - - Updated - - -

This is some next level pleb shit.
    Because you mad. Antifa and all their nerds are the scum of life.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567