Thanks

Pre-workout Guide

Figured I could make a quick little pre-workout guide some a few newbs could learn a thing or 2.

Pre-Workout

Pre-workout is a supplement taken before a workout (who would have thought) that is used to increase the following:
    Energy Levels
    Endurance
    Strength (minor if any)
    Recovery (also minor)

Pre-workout is compiled of a few main ingredients:
    Caffeine is the main stimulate in pre-workout to get users the rush they want to complete a workout. Caffeine dosage is usually the following:
    Low: 0 to 150 mg
    Optimal: 150 to 200 mg
    Tolerance compensation: 200 to 365 mg
    Possibly dangerous 365 mg and up

Caffeine is a great stimulate for a workout can specifically help volume training to finish extra reps you couldn't do without the caffeine boost, but it's also a supplement that can be dangerous on the heart and it is very easy to obtain a tolerance to. I would suggest cycling on and off pre-workout with caffeine therefore it keeps it's benefits over the course of a long time. Pre-workout should DEFINITELY be only taken once every 24-hours and NOT be paired with any coffee/energy drinks. If you have a heart problem that's not known and you consume a little bit too much caffeine it can be fatal. Caffeine is a great stimulate but not one to be messed with.

The next ingredient is Citrulline Malate.

Citrulline malate has two effects on the body that makes it useful in pre workout supplements.

The first, is its ability to increase nitric oxide levels with l-citrulline. That means, more blood circulation for increased performance and recovery.

The second, is an increase in energy from malic acid (malate) which is a cellular energy cycle component easily burnable by the body.
    The dosage on Citrulline malate usually follows:
    Ineffective: 0 to 5,000 mg
    Optimal: 6,000 to 8,000 mg
    Anything above this is unlikely, or very expensive.

Beta-Alanine is the next ingredient.

Your initial reponse to beta-alanine is likely to be the most memorable! That’s because beta-alanine in proper dosages can cause a flushing/tingling of the skin. This is most predominant in the face!

But don’t freak out, this is totally normal. And this small tingly price comes with the benefits of increased endurance and recovery.

Beta-Alanine Quantities in Pre Workouts

Ineffective: 0 to 3,200 mg
    Optimal: 3,200 to 5,000 mg
    Anything above is unlikely, as it's also pricey.

Creatine is another ingredient.

Although creatine has many different types (I'll make another post covering this) the most common creatine in pre-workout is creatine monohydrate the base form of creatine. Creatine does have many benefits, but I'd advise taking it outside of pre-workout as you can manage exact dose, take whichever form you'd like and take it at the optimal time. Creatine should never be taken over 5g per day, most pre-workouts can have between 1-5g any more than that is pointless and possibly harmfull.

These are the prime ingredients of pre-workout and should help you understand what and why you're putting it in your body. As I stated, I would NOT recommend taking over 350mg of caffeine if that because that is already an extremely large amount and it can put stress on your heart. Also I will make another post later on covering DMAA and why this is a very controversial stimulate used in pre-workout, and I'll cover how it's dangerous but also beneficial sides.

Thanks
    Whats your favorite pre?
    I use Nitraflex usually

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Very interesting, I'm waiting for the next article

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylerB For This Useful Post:

sasori~ (02-08-2018)

Thanks
    I use explode

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You can take more than 5g of creatine per day without harmful repurcussions. Many people like to do a loading phase of 20g (there is scientific literature showing little to no side effects of doing so) for 5 days before tapering off to 5g a day everyday. Now there's evidence for effectiveness of a loading phase but personally I would recommend 5g a day as any benefits from loading are negligible.

Source: I work in health.
    Last edited by Sydney-Life2009; 01-07-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I use C4, not bad, used to take the blue raspberry flavor, now I'm on fruit punch.

Thanks
    thanks will try

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Whats your favorite pre?
    I use Nitraflex usually
    Sorry for the late response, but I've had A LOT of preworkout over the spam of my time in fitness. I have always loved Recor pre-action it gives me a nasty pump everytime I use it and I never seem to run out of gas. I also like redcon1 total war it's also pretty decent & I have found blackstone labs toi have some pretty decent pre workouts. I don't like C4 or six-star pre-workouts as I feel like they just don't cut it for me especially for the price. Currently I have been using a pre-workout called Royal Sport LTD Castle and it's a banger I'm not gonna lie, but if I had to pick I'd say precor has the best.

Also I've used several preworkouts that have DMAA (1,3-Dimethylamylamine) such as OldJack, Mr hyde, Bucked Up and a few others, but DMAA sometimes gives me rather weird affects considering it's a MUCH stronger stimulate than caffeine.

Thanks
    useful tips...many of them are totally new.waiting for more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thank you very much!!