Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Variety of questions about web development

Hey guys,

I am an experienced graphic designer (7+ years of graphic design) and my goal is to become a very good web developer in the future. A lot of jobs nowadays pay quite high for web developers that know all the website languages, and that are experienced within the graphic design field.

I've been learning HTML, CSS & JavaScript for over a whole year now (still not mastered) but getting there. I was wondering what other languages I need to know? So far I know that I need to master these in order to become a good web developer:

- HTML
    - CSS
    - JS
    - PHP

Anything else? I've heard about jQuery but a lot of people say that jQuery is basically worthless now and barely any websites use it.

----------

My second question is how much do websites sell for?

Let's say I made a good colourful website with amazing animations so fades, zoom ins, etc etc, and the languages included were html, css, javascript & php. Those type of websites apparently end up costing thousands. Is there a specific figure?

Obviously nobody will be able to tell me the exact answers to my questions, but if somebody could help out a little bit, that'd mean a lot.

Cheers!
    TRAPPING IN UK

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I've been working as Frontend Developer for 2 months right now (I know that's not much).

I would recommend you to study some frameworks like Bootstrap(I hate it), JQUERY(It's not that hard), learn a few CSS pre-processors (I use Sass or Less it depends on the project) and Gulp & Webpack (Those are task-runners they are great).

About the second question... I don't know how the pricing works since I make full responsive websites that are identical to the design for my company.

Thanks
    jQuery long time to throw in the trash.
    Learn React + Redux, or VUE or AngularJS

If you select ReactJS, then it will also be useful for you to be able to work with many different packages, for example Webpack or NeutrinoJs

Thanks
    Designers usualy likes *********. It is simple, has a lot of nice built-in features and a lot of documentations. but i agree with @JustEs about React. But it is a little harder to learn. If you still interested, take a look at the MERN stack. It is very popular and you'll find a lot of tutorial on the web.

Good coding