Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Looking for a beginner "At Home" workout

While I get enough of a workout playing sports, riding my bike, and doing other day bodybuilding,
    I can't seem to find a proper session to do without something hurting all the time if I don't take care of my body.

I usually do random sets of pushups, situps, general lifting of stacked items fyi.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ImThrowingMyLifeAway View Post
    While I get enough of a workout playing sports, riding my bike, and doing other day bodybuilding,
    I can't seem to find a proper session to do without something hurting all the time if I don't take care of my body.

I usually do random sets of pushups, situps, general lifting of stacked items fyi.
    Cool to randomly come across a post of yours outside the BattleOn section
    Do you not have access to a gym? Only at-home stuff?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
    Cool to randomly come across a post of yours outside the BattleOn section
    Do you not have access to a gym? Only at-home stuff?
    I've been forced to since I can't contribute or talk as much as I started out to do.
    I have access to the gym at my school, but it's only for like 30 mins in the morning,
    and an hour if a team is practicing/working out. At home I don't have equipment.
    Past Name(s):
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ImThrowingMyLifeAway View Post
    I've been forced to since I can't contribute or talk as much as I started out to do.
    I have access to the gym at my school, but it's only for like 30 mins in the morning,
    and an hour if a team is practicing/working out. At home I don't have equipment.
    Ah don't worry we'll get the section back to what it was

Fair enough, I used to be in a similar situation tbh.
    There is a whole world of exclusively bodyweight exercises/plans which is usually called "calisthenics". I used to be pretty passionate about it, but in terms of building muscle (I think) it does have its limitations. Doesn't mean it's not worth doing though. It can get quite monotonous as you say, as there's lots of repetitive exercises.
    Ultimately so long as you're 'progressively overloading' on the exercises you're doing you'll build muscle: try not to do random sets, always aim to achieve one more repetition or increase the weight somehow (wearing a weight vest for example). Always track what you've achieved from workout to workout.

Here's my 2 cents in terms of exercises you can do:

- Pushups (all the different variations: wide, narrow, eventually one-armed)
    - Pullups (can get really cheap pull-up bars that hang on your doorframe - absolutely worth it)
    - Dips (better if you find dip bars, but a lot of people manage by putting two chairs together etc.)
    - A preferred core exercise (Personally not a fan of sit-ups unless you have some sort of decline bench, try leg raises or hanging leg raises on a pull-up bar)
    - Ideally something to work your legs but Calisthenics people are known for prioritising upper body

I would say don't worry too much about sticking to a specific plan somebody has given to you - make your own plan, carry it out and make sure you're improving, and you're already doing much better than most people If you want more ideas I'd recommend looking up Frank Medrano, he does purely bodyweight stuff.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

cuzz666 (06-12-2019),dummy97 (09-27-2018),Trash (12-09-2017),Moortag (08-05-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Yea, I currently go gym and pretty much without it I don't think you will get much progress at home

Krisgame - KTool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah I'm looking for this too

Sep 2016 - Joined MPGH
    March 2017 - Premium Member
    October 2017 - News Force
    January 2018 - Premium Seller
    February 2018 - Publicist

sc_rotmg
    SC2K
    Boombox’s Sheep

Buying all CS:GO skins!

Add me on IM to discuss stuff

Thanks
    Checkout the body-weight fitness app. Also check out the calisthenics subreddit. Less than an hour a day

Thanks
    I'm going to tell you right now you will be disappointed with any results you get from at home workout or calisthenics. Get a gym membership and get started on a 5x5/5x3 linear progression program focused around squat/bench/deadlift and eat 3000-3500 calories a day and I guarantee you 6 months youll pack on noticeable size and strength

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaluux For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hero (12-24-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaluux View Post
    I'm going to tell you right now you will be disappointed with any results you get from at home workout or calisthenics. Get a gym membership and get started on a 5x5/5x3 linear progression program focused around squat/bench/deadlift and eat 3000-3500 calories a day and I guarantee you 6 months youll pack on noticeable size and strength
    You are spot on!

Krisgame - KTool

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    bodybuilding dot com is pretty good for finding work outs with little to no equipment also google for my body is my gym. As you can do a heap of workouts at home with out having access to a gym.

Thanks
    Not true at all. I have been doing calisthenics for around 4 months now and I have put on 10 pounds of lean muscle mass. To say that you cannot build muscle using your own bodyweight is nonsense. Although generally for most people, training with weights will usually be better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Don't spread non-sense to discourage people, I've had great progress with at home workouts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    best homework workouts are from beachbody. try to find beachbody insanity. its will give you muscles and shroud your body if you have fat.

you would be like a horse. your heart performance would be as good as 110%

when i had weigh like 140kg i was training on shoun t - insanity after 2 months i was 97kg. its too much its not good for health and some shit but i was on good standing. after insanity i went to insanity the asulum or something like that i went from 97 to 100kg with good muscles and more performance for my body. fuck the gym and other shit. i done everything at home.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Just make a routine and you'll be good.

Thanks
    it's not easy to train at home. the best is to go to gym. you ll be motivated there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast