Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Research paper on bullying and sub cat on cuber bullying

Doing a research paper in psychology for bullying and I wanted to know what you guys think about cyber bullying? I personally don't think online bullying is an issue UNLESS it effects your security in real life. For example, if the person online had your address and was going to track you down or if they had your bank information. Online harassment is not real IMO because you can simply close your laptop or go and have a alt account and see what happens if you pretend to be someone else (i know this is conforming but it's still a option.)

I might be in the minority when I say that cyber bullying is not a real issue or a major issue that should be given a big coverage but that's what I think. What do you guys think?
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    In my opinion it's not a problem that should be prioritized. I never thought about what was said to be online by a random person when I was doing anything else besides staying at the computer. Everything can be so easily ignored on the web.
    The bad part is when it interferes with your social life for example: A guy from the highschool posts nudes of a colleague and next day everyone talks about that. That can make a person change their life radically. If it's just about swearing and getting on someones nerves it's not really a prob

My MPGH Activity
    ----------------------------------------------------
    December 17 2018 -> June 09 2020 - News Force Team
    May 02 2018 - Premium Seller
    December 18 2017 - Premium member

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    what you guys think about cyber bullying
    cyber bullying is, and isn't, a thing.

cyber bullying only applies when it falls under the category of real life people making fun of other people that they have an actual in real life connection with. if i made fun of you right now calling you a eurofag piece of scum and making fun of your ethnicity, it's not cyberbullying if you're offended to the point of depression, you're just a snowflake.

if I knew you locally, per say, from school, then yes, it's basically the same thing as bullying. there's a large difference between a targeted attack on a person because you know them versus general shitposting and being an abrasive cunt on the internet.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter Jr. For This Useful Post:

Fucking Moron (12-03-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Only if there is a connection beyond online.

If I make fun of you it will be similar to someone on the streets making fun of you as you go by. Accept in this case neither of us can interact in any way other than with text on billboards that say what we want them to say. It is pointless.

If someone important to you makes fun of you, it makes them shitty and should be either phased out of your life or you should phase yourself into their lives to the point that you become decent friends.

If someone threatens you, get that checked out. Someone saying "I am going to fucking tear your eyes out you fucking negro" then there is the possibility that someone is foreshadowing my death. Maybe this is a stalker. Who knows. Better get that checked out.

If someone tells you to KYS or any other kind of violent action, that is really just on you. The media site should make you agree to "Possibility of harassment online" and remind you that you agreed to it. The rest is on your own psychological constitution.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    They could just turn off their phones and devices to prevent themselves from getting more of a issue. Otherwise if you go on the internet expect to know whats going to impact you

Middleman 9/13/2016-3/8/17
    LoL Minion 11/5/2016-3/8/17
    Former Staff 3/8/17-12/27/17
    Middleman 12/27/17-06/28/19
    Marketplace Minion 7/1/18-06/28/19
    Minion+ 12/5/18-2/5/19
    Moderator 2/5/19-06/28/19

Former Staff 06/28/19-12/19/20
    Middleman 12/19/20-Current
    Marketplace Minion 2/1/2021-Current
    Minion+ 4/7/2021-12/08/2022

Moderator 2/5/19-08/13/23
    Global Moderator 08/13/23-Current

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    dave cyber bullies me constantly and each time i feel a little more empty on the inside

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    cyber bully here. You don't have to know them IRL to bully them. All you need to know is touchy parts of their life or them in general. Then you victimize someone until they want to quit life

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    honestly people may be toxic but ignore them lmao

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Jr. View Post

cyber bullying is, and isn't, a thing.

cyber bullying only applies when it falls under the category of real life people making fun of other people that they have an actual in real life connection with. if i made fun of you right now calling you a eurofag piece of scum and making fun of your ethnicity, it's not cyberbullying if you're offended to the point of depression, you're just a snowflake.

if I knew you locally, per say, from school, then yes, it's basically the same thing as bullying. there's a large difference between a targeted attack on a person because you know them versus general shitposting and being an abrasive cunt on the internet.
    i concur with this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Cyberbully? I think you should be more worried about cyber-rape. Everyday a person on Facebook gets cyber-raped by a bot or some pedo.
    Goal: Reached 1000+ Rep (YeY)

Thanks
    Cyber bullying is definitely a thing if you know the person IRL. For example they work at the same workplace as you or go to the same school as you. Otherwise, if it's some random ass person u met on MPGH, I wouldn't really say it's relevant. You can easily turn off your phone or PC.

Thanks
    Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Doing a research paper in psychology for bullying
    Prior to anything, you first need to have made a research about human psychology before going any further, or else your points will have no depth to them.
    To have a successful report, you first need to connect dots between all the factors that lead to a conclusion (In this case, bullying), so it goes as follow:
    - Why do people bully each other?
    - Does it differ to bully on the internet?
    - Why bullying victims on the internet do not defend themselves? (Extremely important)
    Etc ..

So why do people bully each other? Is it to feel superior? Is it to fill an insecurity gap within their lives? Answer each of those questions on your own.

Now, what is different about cyber bullying? Can one say it's as real as physical bullying? Yet again, answer it.

And now for the important question, why do victims of cyber bullying not defend themselves? Is it because they are too shy to do it, or perhaps because cyber bullying differs not from real world bullying? --> Starting from this question you would start laying down your research data; the previous questions were just introductions.

There is one point I'll help you with: Bullying no matter where is still effective, only difference is it being either physically or mentally, and both are worse than each other.

That's the way I would do it.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks

Perfect fit for this thread.

Cyber bullying does not exist unless there is a connection in real life, if your privacy and security is getting affected then it would be deemed as harassment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Doing a research paper in psychology for bullying and I wanted to know what you guys think about cyber bullying? I personally don't think online bullying is an issue UNLESS it effects your security in real life. For example, if the person online had your address and was going to track you down or if they had your bank information. Online harassment is not real IMO because you can simply close your laptop or go and have a alt account and see what happens if you pretend to be someone else (i know this is conforming but it's still a option.)

I might be in the minority when I say that cyber bullying is not a real issue or a major issue that should be given a big coverage but that's what I think. What do you guys think?
    ummmmmmmm I should unblock you on skype, I'll make you rethink this position.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast