Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Animes are being dubbed too fast now

Black Clover is like the 5th or 6th modern anime I've watched that ends up being dubbed right as it's on going. I used to only watch dubs, I preferred dubs over subs for 99% of anime. But now I'm just forced to miss out on possibly high quality dubs because they release them so fast that it comes out a few episodes behind the sub which makes u want to keep watching sub to stay up to date.

Does any dub fans like Black Clover dub? I literally have not even heard it yet. If asta's scream is about 12% more cancerous I may consider switching over to the dub. I legit rolf @ him screaming all the time. It's annoying in a funny way.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    ur gay lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Usersname For This Useful Post:

sasori~ (12-12-2017)

Thanks
    bro just learn Japanese and you won't even need dubs #ez

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    PLURAL OF ANIME IS ANIME

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Predator For This Useful Post:

Gexis (12-13-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    DUB? KMS. How do you stand dub. Gosh I feel sry for you.
    Nice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I watched a dub episode of Fairy Tail once.....still doing nightmares of it
    ***REMEMBER THAT YOU ALWAYS USE CHEAT AT YOUR OWN RISK***
    MESSAGE FOR BATTLE-ON (DF, AQ, etc) SECTION : If you have problem using trainers, go take a look here!

Vouch Thread
    Hey you!! yeah you! if you found this helpfull don't forget to *say thanks* ^_^

七星剣
    真 天体魔法 星崩し

MPGH HISTORY
    PREMIUM - 03-06-2017
    MEMBER - 08-22-2016

Thanks
    I dont think thats the case, i like the regular voices. Dub was always shit compared to the regular old japanese voices. I think your just realizing that but idk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazloo View Post
    I dont think thats the case, i like the regular voices. Dub was always shit compared to the regular old japanese voices. I think your just realizing that but idk
    No I'm in no way "realizing" sub is better than dubbed. Objectively speaking dub is not only more accurate, but typically the higher quality produced anime. Like with DragonBall Super.

I prefer to watch subs but dubs are being dubbed so fast I don't get time to watch the new anime without having to keep thinking about the dubbed version.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    No I'm in no way "realizing" sub is better than dubbed. Objectively speaking dub is not only more accurate, but typically the higher quality produced anime. Like with DragonBall Super.

I prefer to watch subs but dubs are being dubbed so fast I don't get time to watch the new anime without having to keep thinking about the dubbed version.
    So forget the dubbed ways my friend. And yeah dubbed is more accurate English wise, its like "The horse went down the road" for dubbed and "Down the road the horse went" for sub. But the voices are exceptionally better in japanese.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazloo View Post
    So forget the dubbed ways my friend. And yeah dubbed is more accurate English wise, its like "The horse went down the road" for dubbed and "Down the road the horse went" for sub. But the voices are exceptionally better in japanese.
    There are many cases of Japanese voice actors being average or below average and the Dub voice actor being outstanding.

Cowboy Bebop the voice of Spike for example. In the japanese he's high pitch screaming breaks character, in the dub it's a relaxed laid back calm voice for the most part, and the few times there is need for exaggeration the tone of voice is never shattered like it is in the Japanese.

Also everyone is mentioning how Whis in DBS actually sounds like his character, in the subbed he sounds too high pitch.
    Former BattleOn Minion

Thanks
    There are many cases of Japanese voice actors being average or below average and the Dub voice actor being outstanding.

Cowboy Bebop the voice of Spike for example. In the japanese he's high pitch screaming breaks character, in the dub it's a relaxed laid back calm voice for the most part, and the few times there is need for exaggeration the tone of voice is never shattered like it is in the Japanese.

Also everyone is mentioning how Whis in DBS actually sounds like his character, in the subbed he sounds too high pitch.
    I can respect that. I guess its a matter of preference.I love the japanese accent and the language, i actually know quiet a bit of japanese too. But its just in my opinion the japanese voices sound better.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazloo For This Useful Post:

sasori~ (12-14-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Who watches anime with dubbing. LMFAO.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Who watches anime with dubbing. LMFAO.
    Some people gotta be uncultured or the world just wouldn't be right I mean why enjoy Japanese entertainment in Japanese like it's meant to be when you can force English on it #merica

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sasori~ View Post
    Some people gotta be uncultured or the world just wouldn't be right I mean why enjoy Japanese entertainment in Japanese like it's meant to be when you can force English on it #merica
    Or you could enjoy the content in it's intended format for your language and culture's audience.

Let's take JoJo's bizzare adventure for example. 2012. The voices had distinct ascents and old english terminology.

The japanese sub for example? Well it's just some japanese guys doing their job. The same with Cowboy Bebop. The japanese voice actors are lackluster and ruin the characters. When an anime has actual native Japanese speakers watching the English dub then I think they did something right.
    Former BattleOn Minion

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dab For This Useful Post:

Power (12-14-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Or you could enjoy the content in it's intended format for your language and culture's audience.

Let's take JoJo's bizzare adventure for example. 2012. The voices had distinct ascents and old english terminology.

The japanese sub for example? Well it's just some japanese guys doing their job. The same with Cowboy Bebop. The japanese voice actors are lackluster and ruin the characters. When an anime has actual native Japanese speakers watching the English dub then I think they did something right.
    Very good point. Sorry for being mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast