Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Mouze's Sniper Rifle Guide

Shalom!

This guide will talk about some of our favorite guns in the game and some of the worst gun to both the users and the people.

The sniper rifle is what I use in the Israel Defense Force, the IDF tend to use the American M40, SR-25, M24, and the M82. In some cases we use the infamous SR-99 (a more modern form the Galatz; real name Galil Tzalafim: a sniper form of the IWI Galil assault rifle) or even the modern version of the Mauser K98.

Anyways, back to the guide, this guide will give you the detail of the weapons and hopefully some useful tips on them; this guide will not cover the NX weapons.

There is two classes:
    Long Range Rifles-Design for long range kills.
    Squad Rifles-Design for working with a squad at close or medium combat.

Long Rang Rifle-L96A1

The L96A1 is created in the United Kingdom around 1982, however the name AWP, or AWM is wrong, the AWM or AWP is the upgraded rifle made in the 1990s (I think 1996 or 97). The gun is extremely popular in games as one hit kill weapon, the gun is heavy and it amazes me that the game designers does not make the gun less reliable unless they're not moving a single muscle.

What you do is very simple, unless you can move very fast. Your goal is to take the enemy out before he can get a few bullets to you. Try this at medium and long range, then practice a little closer. What you wants to, is switch to your side arm, or if you have another primary. What you wants to do, is have a sniper rifle and an SMG. After, switching between them. Push Q, you'll see that your dude or chick will pulled out the other weapon, double tapping Q will cause the gun to skip the animation of the recoil and removing the spend round into the chamber.

Another way is 'quick scoping' merely pushing the fire and right click at the same time, allowing you to shoot quickly in close area. But again, practice a few times at medium to long range then get a little closer.

Position of Fire (PoF)
    The position in which, you'll wait for an enemy, a commonly use doorway or a hall. Your sides should be covered and you simply wait for an enemy to come out, allowing you to kill that enemy.

Squad Rifle-SR-25 (Ironic name)
    The SR-25 is one of the Israel Defense Force popular weapon, the SR-25 is a United States weapon also known as the Stoner Rifle, the rifle is base off the CAR-25 (AR-15) rifle. The rifle is often use as a squad rifle then a long range rifle, the rifle is use commonly in urban area due to the small and light size the rifle have. In Combat Arms, it is one of the cheapest sniper rifle in the game, it perfect for medium and maybe short range combat, it is design for these kind of combats. However, the rifle is a little inaccurate then the long range rifle and it also does less stopping power. However, because of it good rate of fire, allow the user. If miss the few shots, to hit a moving target. The pros of this weapon of is medium/close combat reliability and the good rate of fire. However, the small clip and damage might throw some people off. Unlike the common myth that the gun is semi-automatic, the gun is fact automatic.

Long Range-M24
    The M24 is created in 1988 as the United States primary sniper rifle in the United States Army, the rifle is known for it deadly long range kill and perfect marksmanship under the user of the United States Army, the M24 is use in the Israel Defense Force and prove itself in battles. (I personally use this rifle and I love it. :P) The rifle in Combat Arms, is known to be the most precise gun in the game, sadly the gun lack the firepower and the gun have reduce damage. The gun run like 'AWP' allowing the user to again to use the quick switch option. Is one of the cheapest gun in the game, the faster reload, bolt operation, and pure precision make this gun a favorite among pros, who like it for it higher headshot counts.

Squad Rifle-SVD (Dragunov)
    Hail Motherland! The rifle real name is: Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova, meaning: Dragunov sniper rifle. This is one of the most used sniper rifle in human history, made all over the world commonly in the ex-USSR and the former Warsaw Pact nations such as Poland and East Germany. China and North Korea create it own SVD, the rifle is made around the early 1960 to get rid of the Soviet pride the Mosin-Nagant rifle. In Combat Arms, the rifle is known to be the second most damage semi-automatic rifle in the game as well as the most heavy. However, what make this baby stand out is the scope. The scope is the the PSO-1 scope use by the Russian and former Warsaw Pact sniper rifles. The rifle is a good rifle, it slow the player down. But great for medium or close range combat.

The problem is that the rifle reliability is high, but the precision is low, making many player missing the shots, you MUST slow down your shots!

SVD shooting: *shoot* wait and say 1 mississippi *shoot* (repeat), this will allowed the gun to stable itself.

Squad Rifle/Long Range
    MSG-90 or known in real life as:The PSG1 (Präzisionsscharfschützengewehr, German for "precision sharpshooter rifle"),The rifle is JUST simply the PSG1 just with little less damage, unreliable, and just plain shitty. Automatic and a little more accurate. Nothing much, I personally thinks this gun is a waste of both GP and Nexon just threw this weapon in. I put the gun as both, because it's design for longer range then others but at the same time can be use as a squad weapon.
    >>:
    Long Range/Squad-PSG1 (See above)
    Compared to the Dragunov SVD, the rifle is most powerful 'semi-automatic' up to this point, the PSG-1 has higher power and lower recoil but also has less Portability and slightly less accuracy. It is known to it high power by much slower ROF and ammo per clip. The gun is extremely reliable but lacks in damage.

Precision and Accuracy:

In most causes, accuracy is very high in most gun, the L9A1 is the most accurate weapon (other then the NX versions). The gun, have the lowest precision.

(Science here!):
    Accuracy versus precision; the target analogy
    High accuracy, but low precision
    High precision, but low accuracy

Accuracy is the degree of veracity while precision is the degree of reproducibility.[citation needed] The analogy used here to explain the difference between accuracy and precision is the target comparison. In this analogy, repeated measurements are compared to arrows that are shot at a target. Accuracy describes the closeness of arrows to the bullseye at the target center. Arrows that strike closer to the bullseye are considered more accurate. The closer a system's measurements to the accepted value, the more accurate the system is considered to be.

To continue the analogy, if a large number of arrows are shot, precision would be the size of the arrow cluster. (When only one arrow is shot, precision is the size of the cluster one would expect if this were repeated many times under the same conditions.) When all arrows are grouped tightly together, the cluster is considered precise since they all struck close to the same spot, even if not necessarily near the bullseye. The measurements are precise, though not necessarily accurate.

Questions or comments are nice, just post them!

I spelled my own name wrong, what the fuck? D:
    Last edited by Mouzie; 04-09-2010 at 05:18 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

Crusty- (04-09-2010),noob555 (04-09-2010),Starcode10 (04-25-2010),Synchromanica (04-09-2010)

Thanks
    Wow! That looks like it took awhile! Nice too *Thanks*
    Want Respect? Earn It By 1v1'ing me.

[img]https://i757.photobucke*****m/albums/xx219/ProSmusher-/Untitled-1.gif[/img]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Your gay, i wanted to do this.
    But never had the time, nor did i really have information and supporting evidence.
    But good job on the guide, mouzie lives up to his reputation once again.
    LOL @ threadname, GJ on the epic fail :3

Edit: Just a quick question mouzie, you know how a person whos advanced in c++ can tell the sourcecode of a simple program. When you look at a gun, can you see the shit inside?
    Last edited by Shocking; 04-09-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    fk u mouzie iwanted to do this LMAO oh apparently alot of ppl wanted tto do this well waisted 40 min for nothing... nice job

I like Flengo <3.

Mc565 isn't even good at ca men.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Wow i just realized your avatar is SSJ Goku, one of the edited versions.
    Probably a fake SSJ 5. Add me on your respect lsit please!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    So the idf uses a modern karybineer(i'm pretty sure i spelt it wrong)?that's kind of interesting considering how it would need to be updated about a hundred years...
    Oh and i would call the l96 a squad rifle in ca despite it being a pretty nice precision rifle irl since it has both low precision and low accuracy(the bullets often land anywhere but the centre and have a huge spread anyway)
    You could also note that the l96 has a lower scope zoom than the other rifles and the psg has and even lower zoom than the l9. And i would call the sr25 a long range rifle in this game since it has more accuracy than precision and lower recoil allows better shots over long distances.
    /end wall of text
    Good job anyway ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexon View Post
    Attention Soldiers!
    Me and Sam 69.
    --Combat Arms Command--
    good to know, Nexon.

(\__/)
    (>_<)
    ('') ('')

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    MSG-90 is underrated

Accurate with good firerate and 2 hit kill damage

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty- View Post
    MSG-90 is underrated

Accurate with good firerate and 2 hit kill damage
    Its not that I underrated it, it simply suck.

Accurate does not mean it is precise in its shots, two shots? The PSG-1 does MORE damage then that and they're the same gun!

Quote Originally Posted by iR4WR View Post
    So the idf uses a modern karybineer(i'm pretty sure i spelt it wrong)?that's kind of interesting considering how it would need to be updated about a hundred years...
    Oh and i would call the l96 a squad rifle in ca despite it being a pretty nice precision rifle irl since it has both low precision and low accuracy(the bullets often land anywhere but the centre and have a huge spread anyway)
    You could also note that the l96 has a lower scope zoom than the other rifles and the psg has and even lower zoom than the l9. And i would call the sr25 a long range rifle in this game since it has more accuracy than precision and lower recoil allows better shots over long distances.
    /end wall of text
    Good job anyway ^^
    K98 is still a very good weapon, even if it is use for a long time. The L9A1 is NOT a squad base weapon, it is heavy and the precision is very.. very low.

The SR is more accurate, because it is an assault rifle fitted to be a sniper rifle.

The L9A1 have a higher zoom (in real life) then that of the Stoner Rifle.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 04-09-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Good Job Mouzie
    You want respect
    Earn it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Sr25 is a 3 hit kill at longer ranges, it just maintains its accuracy well

Honestly I don't prefer any semis, but yeah the PSG is better than the MSG. The MSG is just a different version of the PSG though...

KEEP IN MIND (Mouzie...) that scopes on rifles are interchangeable and the magnification level can be changed easily

OMG MPGH IS SO DAMN SLOWWWWWWWWW
    Last edited by Crusty-; 04-09-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nice post man

I live in the ..... what? you wanted to hear something?
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    What is the purpose of this post anyway? anyone could use google to find this info.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by timpwns View Post
    What is the purpose of this post anyway? anyone could use google to find this info.
    Its nice to know some real life info about the guns we use in CA. Plus who uses google nowadays? We just rely on people like mouzie to do the research while the general public is too lazy to search the stuff themselves

I live in the ..... what? you wanted to hear something?
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    we're so lazy we rely on other people to do research. wow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Great guide! *Thanked*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast