Thread: Uh oh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Uh oh...

So, before I went to go eat my dinner, I turned off my computer. After dinner, I turned it back on and when I started Windows, I got an error saying that explorer.exe couldn't run correctly because of some .Net error. I have the latest .Net framework and such installed and I don't know what's wrong. I can't see any processes when I'm in Task Manager either...

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

"Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

Thanks
    One word for you pal, OWNED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    That's what I was thinking. Should I restore?

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

"Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Can you give the exact error?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kAblE View Post
    I started Windows
    I isolated the problem.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    lol nah once i had a prob like that, restoring wont work, cuz after u turn off ur pc again it will have the same prob.

some sort of virus shit i think

the way i got rid of it was reinstalling the whole OS again with the original disk and key.

and then recover my clean files from the .old folder

i got vista.
    Epic Quote:

Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious."
    - Alan Minter, Boxer

I iz sexy!

Asian girlz r the BEST!!! among all and dont dare to say they arent till u in bed with one

JOIN!

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/we-hate-route66.html

Thanks
    I laugh at your viruses and errors.
    haha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by (Corndog) View Post
    I laugh at your viruses and errors.
    haha
    And mac don't get errors?
    Enjoy playing games on ur macs or paying retarded amounts of money to be 'cool'?

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Try a system restore. If it doesn't work do a full OS re-install. If that doesn't work nexon has found you and you must throw it out the window.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by P0SEID0N View Post
    Try a system restore. If it doesn't work do a full OS re-install. If that doesn't work nexon has found you and you must throw it out the window.
    WDF I JUST SAID?

get ur own answers choobah
    Epic Quote:

Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious."
    - Alan Minter, Boxer

I iz sexy!

Asian girlz r the BEST!!! among all and dont dare to say they arent till u in bed with one

JOIN!

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/we-hate-route66.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Screenshot?
    -Rest in peace leechers-

Your PM box is 100% full.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Oh, try restarting by the way. Sometimes i get random errors and shit so i just restart and it's all cool again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    A. Try manually starting Eplorer.exe , Ctrl alt Del
    New Task
    Explorer.
    this is a temp solution, if it works, Click Run --> Goto MsConfig and look for anything unfamiliar, (be careful) Disable it and restart,
    If that doesn't work, check for a process that isn't running that should be.

B. If you still have an error, or get errors, try safe mode, see if you still get the error, safe mode disables all unnecessary processes, it's a good start because if you don't get an error, then you know it is a process that is starting when you are booting, and can easily resolve.

C. Perform a system restore regardless , You may have modifed something, installed something or something worse, if you can perform a restore to yesterday or last checkpoint, it may be a good idea.

If you have an issue getting into windows try using the command prompt (safe mode with command prompt) to do a system restore

At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.
    Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.
    Beyond that, sometimes you don't realize it, but if you improperly uninstall a program, the startup information remains in the msconfig , and by leaving it there you will get random errors (depending on the application and it's processes) so it would be a good idea to use Add/Remove and not delete a file

Example: Itunes/quicktime has numerous processes that start when windows start, delete the folder or perform a uninstall through some other method, and msconfig may still contain the startup information , so when your computer starts and goes to load a file that isn't there, you may get an error.

If you have a new application that starts when your PC starts, but you don't have the prerequisites and the developer did a bad job at forcing prerequisites, you may also get an error, so fix the error,

IE: if you installed a application that starts when windows starts, and this application requires .net framework 3.5, then it will be in your best interest to install .net 3.5
    and the same for missing .dll(s) and etc.

Hope that all makes sense.

Having the errors in general would help lead us in a better direction.

@ Mac, /Agreed, Way more money , alot less of a machine, I have an old G4 MacBook, soley for Iphone applications, so I need it, bit it was way to costly for what I use it for (in a sense, especially considering with applications like PhoneGap, you can develop a Iphone application in the windows environment using, CSS and Java and still have access to all of the features of a Iphone, Gsensor [Accelerometer, Camera, Location Services, etc. ) and I really don't see anything special about it (except it has singing speech to text voices....., that's just awesome)

Last edited by NextGen1; 04-12-2010 at 12:51 AM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
    New Task
    Explorer.
    this is a temp solution, if it works, Click Run --> Goto MsConfig and look for anything unfamiliar, (be careful) Disable it and restart,

B. If you still have an error, or get errors, try safe mode, see if you still get the error, safe mode disables all unnecessary processes, it's a good start because if you don't get an error, then you know it is a process that is starting when you are booting, and can easily resolve.

C. Perform a system restore regardless , You may have modifed something, installed something or something worse, if you can perform a restore to yesterday or last checkpoint, it may be a good idea.

If you have an issue getting into windows try using the command prompt (safe mode with command prompt) to do a system restore

Beyond that, sometimes you don't realize it, but if you improperly uninstall a program, the startup information remains in the msconfig , and by leaving it there you will get random errors (depending on the application and it's processes) so it would be a good idea to use Add/Remove and not delete a file

Example: Itunes/quicktime has numerous processes that start when windows start, delete the folder or perform a uninstall through some other method, and msconfig may still contain the startup information , so when your computer starts and goes to load a file that isn't there, you may get an error.

If you have a new application that starts when your PC starts, but you don't have the prerequisites and the developer did a bad job at forcing prerequisites, you may also get an error, so fix the error,

IE: if you installed a application that starts when windows starts, and this application requires .net framework 3.5, then it will be in your best interest to install .net 3.5

@ Mac, /Agreed, Way more money , alot less of a machine, I have an old G4 MacBook, soley for Iphone applications, so I need it, bit it was way to costly for what I use it for (in a sense, especially considering with applications like PhoneGap, you can develop a Iphone application in the windows environment using, CSS and Java and still have access to all of the features of a Iphone, Gsensor [Accelerometer, Camera, Location Services, etc. ) and I really don't see anything special about it (except it has singing speech to text voices....., that's just awesome)

Cool novel bro.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Obama For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (04-12-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by fcmclan View Post
    WDF I JUST SAID?

get ur own answers choobah
    Fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
    New Task
    Explorer.

tltr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast