Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Question Is java still great in international communities?

hello i like to ask about java language. i'm studying java for 3 years in universities and i'm still now. My lectures always teach that Java is a language that cross platform and really good to develop any commercial product as because anything that will be used in developing such as sorting algorithm, implementing linked list, etc is already built-in inside that make it great and a suddenly i stumble this article on thenextweb that said Universities finally realize that Java is a bad introductory programming language this make me a little confuse that it said Stanford University already changing to javascript as introductory. it just make me wonder if people want to leave Java to another programming language such as python? is the market beginning to move away from Java? what do you guys think?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Get away of Java immediately, Java is fucking shit and wasting of time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Java sucks people people still write and maintain applications in them. I know plenty of people who have tech jobs that write Java code on a daily basis. But yeah java sucks dick

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Schiphol (11-09-2018)

Thanks
    Lot of Minecraft Kids in germany are very active

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Java sucks people people still write and maintain applications in them. I know plenty of people who have tech jobs that write Java code on a daily basis. But yeah java sucks dick
    Which programming language you think is not sucks?
    What programming languages you use?
    Last edited by hokko; 09-21-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by hokko View Post
    C#.NET all the way <:
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

MikeRohsoft (09-21-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Dave is a NodeJS person.
    Click Here to visit the official MPGH wiki! Keep up with the latest news and information on games and MPGH! To check out pages dedicated to games, see the links below!

dd/mm/yyyy
    Member - 31/01/2015
    Premium - 12/09/2016
    Call of Duty minion - 05/11/2016 - 05/11/2019
    BattleOn minion - 28/02/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Battlefield minion - 30/05/2017 - 05/11/2019
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks minion - 21/09/2017 - 17/09/2019
    Publicist - 07/11/2017 - 02/08/2018
    Cock Sucker - 01/12/2017 - Unknown
    Minion+ - 06/03/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Fortnite minion - 08/05/2018 - 05/11/2019
    Head Publicist - 08/10/2018 - 10/01/2020
    Developer Team - 26/10/2019 - 10/01/2020
    Former Staff - 10/01/2020

Thanks
    Let's just summarize for a bit here eh?

Java originates from the INITIAL C language, and let's just say that this, of course, renders Java to be an easy target for ridicule by the skeptics. I also have to admit that Java can easily be outdone by other languages for the purpose that MOST PEOPLE ONLINE start to want to learn to code.

People on MPGH for an example holds no respect for Java, and I get why, because for the purpose of developing cheats, C is far beyond Java. But Java is still great, and for its original intended purpose, Java will still reck any pussy on MPGH that complains about Java being sucky sucky, because JAVA IS MEANT TO BE EASY FOR C PROGRAMMERS TO LEARN.

WHAT? C PROGRAMMERS? Yes you heard me right, it's not INSTEAD of C, it's basically made to be easy to learn. And this has actually always been the case. Java has always been an easy language to learn, and it still fucking is, and for its purpose it's still holding up to be a great programming language. For people messing around and not intending to be a full-fledged developer, yeah of course they don't want to learn Java, but neither are they learning many other languages. A full-fledged developer shouldn't have a hard time going from one Object-Oriented Language to another, because they are not only similar, they derive from similar origins.

Their purpose however, is completely different.

And no, in no way is Javascript a 'better' language or 'easier' language to learn. But, as a big fan of Javascript and someone who also knows Java is for more than webapplets .. lol .. then sure, Javascript can be taught as easily too, it's just not as widespread as an 'easy' language to learn, but it is in no way inferior in that aspect to Java, but in my opinion, all languages are easy to learn. If you want to become a good developer you will have to learn the basics, whether you learn it in Java or C, doesn't matter.

But you should know, Java as a derivative from C, is made to be easier to comprehend and understand, meaning going from Java to another Object Oriented Language will be a hell lot easier than if you start by learning PHP and Javascript.

3 years with Java .. I'm amazed you haven't already self-taught yourself other languages on the side...

Please note I am totally biased as I'm a java developer ........... Good luck have fun ...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I use JS/GOLANG/PYTHON more often now, but it really depends on work. Many languages suck, but you gotta use what you gotta use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafii View Post
    Let's just summarize for a bit here eh?

Java originates from the INITIAL C language, and let's just say that this, of course, renders Java to be an easy target for ridicule by the skeptics. I also have to admit that Java can easily be outdone by other languages for the purpose that MOST PEOPLE ONLINE start to want to learn to code.

People on MPGH for an example holds no respect for Java, and I get why, because for the purpose of developing cheats, C is far beyond Java. But Java is still great, and for its original intended purpose, Java will still reck any pussy on MPGH that complains about Java being sucky sucky, because JAVA IS MEANT TO BE EASY FOR C PROGRAMMERS TO LEARN.

WHAT? C PROGRAMMERS? Yes you heard me right, it's not INSTEAD of C, it's basically made to be easy to learn. And this has actually always been the case. Java has always been an easy language to learn, and it still fucking is, and for its purpose it's still holding up to be a great programming language. For people messing around and not intending to be a full-fledged developer, yeah of course they don't want to learn Java, but neither are they learning many other languages. A full-fledged developer shouldn't have a hard time going from one Object-Oriented Language to another, because they are not only similar, they derive from similar origins.

Their purpose however, is completely different.

And no, in no way is Javascript a 'better' language or 'easier' language to learn. But, as a big fan of Javascript and someone who also knows Java is for more than webapplets .. lol .. then sure, Javascript can be taught as easily too, it's just not as widespread as an 'easy' language to learn, but it is in no way inferior in that aspect to Java, but in my opinion, all languages are easy to learn. If you want to become a good developer you will have to learn the basics, whether you learn it in Java or C, doesn't matter.

But you should know, Java as a derivative from C, is made to be easier to comprehend and understand, meaning going from Java to another Object Oriented Language will be a hell lot easier than if you start by learning PHP and Javascript.

3 years with Java .. I'm amazed you haven't already self-taught yourself other languages on the side...

Please note I am totally biased as I'm a java developer ........... Good luck have fun ...
    I'm a C developer, Java developer and JavaScript developer.

Java sucks IMO. I hate Java with a passion. There are so many things wrong with it from writing it to it's performance, it's a dying language like Actionscript. You're way better off writing something with .NET instead of Java, and this comes from someone who hates .NET more than Java.

JavaScript is the far easiest language to learn and has it's specific uses, as do all languages.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (11-10-2018),MikeRohsoft (11-09-2018),Schiphol (11-09-2018)

Thanks

I use JS/GOLANG/PYTHON more often now, but it really depends on work. Many languages suck, but you gotta use what you gotta use.

Java sucks IMO. I hate Java with a passion. There are so many things wrong with it from writing it to it's performance, it's a dying language like Actionscript. You're way better off writing something with .NET instead of Java, and this comes from someone who hates .NET more than Java.

JavaScript is the far easiest language to learn and has it's specific uses, as do all languages.
    I was just trying to say, Java helped me become able to learn C languages way easier than what I was already haggling through, and as such I think Java is still passable as educational content. Java isn't really useful for much other than Android programming, but then again, Xamarin. xD

I mostly agree with you though, but people who learns Java doesn't have the same intentions as those learning JavaScript, and JavaScript is such a good language, really fun too.

Thanks

Java is what it is today because it's universal. Unless Google pushes Kotlin heavily into Android development, I don't see it going anywhere.

Also, why don't you use Lua? I'm not saying it's superior to NodeJS performance wise, but it's better than Python.

Thanks
    Java still widely used in enterprise. As mentioned it has many different data structure implementations in the standard library. Other benefits:
    - Easy to use multi threading, with many advanced locking mechanisms and other ease-of-use methods.
    - Great for backend web server development, with frameworks such as Spring-
    - Cross platform, easy to make GUI applications with JavaFX.

Also Java has really nice build systems, mvn and gradle. And latest, it is very easy to deploy java apps in containers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Depends on what you're using it for.

Thanks
    The article really only discusses that java isn't as beginner friendly in an educational context, it states that it's still a dominant language in the industry.

On a side note, as someone who's gone from a dynamic to a static language, I can really appreciate how much nicer it is to use. Although, from a learning perspective I agree, javascript is a whole lot simpler. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you learn, the skills should be transferable from one language to another.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutroll View Post
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you learn, the skills should be transferable from one language to another.
    from unmaged to manged, yes.. no problem..
    From managed to unmanged? ... I smell Memory Leaks.. alot of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast