Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

How to bypass trade hold without steam app.

Steam Desktop Authenticator

A desktop implementation of Steam's mobile authenticator app.

This project is run by community volunteers and has no affiliation with Valve in any way shape or form.

Step By Step Instructions.

A: Net Framework

1. Windows 7 and below users ensure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.2.5 (Microsoft Website Link)

2. Windows 8 and above users should ensure they have installed all available updates for their computer.

B: Authenticator

1. Download SDA from the ****** Webpage (LINK)

(Virus Scans 1 & 2)
    C: Extraction

1. Extract the files inside the SDA.zip to a folder easily found.

D: Preparation

1. Open the file named "Steam Desktop Authenticator.exe" and allow it to install vcredist. (It is visual basic files to allow you to better interact with the gui.) (PIC)

E: Setup

1. Once the program has installed its dependencies and has opened you will see a screen with three options.
    - " I already have setup Steam Desktop Authenticator in another location on this PC and I want to import its account(s). "
    - " I have an Android device and want to import my Steam Account(s) from the Steam app. "
    - " This is my first time and I just want to sign into my Steam Account(s).

2. Select the third option "This is my first time and I just want to sign into my steam account(s)." (Photo)

3. Once you have selected the third option and the main area of the authenticator has loaded up click the box that says "Setup New Account" (Pic)

4. Input your steam login details into the box that opens. (Photo) than click Login.
    5. After clicking login a box will pop up in the top right of windows asking for your phone number. You can bypass this if you can find a VOIP significantly realistic enough that it does not get flagged by valve.
    6. Input your phone number and click accept. A second box will pop up telling you to enter an encryption key or to leave it blank.
    A. Inputting an encryption key will force you to type in the key everytime you open The Desktop Authenticator (Good for stopping thiefs or hackers because of the password requirement.)
    B. If you press enter and leave it blank you won't be required to enter a password to use SDA ever.
    7. Once you do one of the two above options you will get a popup informing you you set or didn't set a passcode. Click Ok and another screen will pop up telling you to write down your revocation code. (Pic) Make sure you write down this code or save it on your computer somewhere because if something ever happens and you lose your mobile authenticator file (Either by Broken Computer/Hard Drive Failure/Accidental Deletion/Etc) you will not be able to get access to it again. (YOU WILL BE ASKED TO INPUT YOUR REVOCATION CODE LATER IN SETUP AS WELL SO MAKE SURE YOU COPY IT SOMEWHERE!)

8. Once you have written down your revocation code click ok. A box will pop up telling you to check your sms. Input the code you received via text into the box and click accept. (Pic)
    9. Now enter your revocation code into the new box and click accept. (If you get your sms code or revocation code wrong it will take you back to the beginning)
    10. A box will popup saying your mobile authenticator was successfully linked and reminds you to keep up with your revocation code. Click OK (Pic)
    11. You should now see your account username appear inside the bottom box and a code appearing in the top box. If you see these things you have sucessfully linked your steam account to your desktop authenticator. (Pic)

F: Finalization
    1. To easier allow trades and market listings you can setup automatic confirmation.
    2. Click File and than settings - (Pic)
    3. Check the box beside "Periodically check for new confirmations and show a popup when they arrive." Once you do that click Ok/Accept when it warns you your items may not be as safe. (Pic)
    4. One this option is selected the rest of the boxes will be available to select. You now have a few choices.
    A. You can select only the 2nd box on the bottom which will automatically confirm your market listings.
    B. You can select only the last box on the bottom which will automatically confirm your trades.
    C. You can select both the last two boxes so the program automatically confirms market listings and trades.
    5. (If you chose option C) Click the box beside Auto-Confirm Market Transactions and Click the box beside Auto-Confirm trades. (Pic) When you checkmark either of the boxes you will get a notice saying your items aren't as safe with auto confirm on just click Ok.
    6. Click Save.

Congratulations you now have a way to confirm trades and market listings without going through your email and waiting weeks to trade your items again or to deal with the market. You will however have a 10 day grace period due to linking your steam account to the authenticator.

If you need help feel free to pm me!
    How now brown cow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CODfan3221 For This Useful Post:

blameo (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    This is really safe m8 ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SHiNSUK3 For This Useful Post:

blameo (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHiNSUK3 View Post
    This is really safe m8 ?
    Everything is safe on the internet... try it on some throw away accs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by blameo View Post
    Everything is safe on the internet... try it on some throw away accs.
    Welcome to MPGH bud do me a favor. Don't reply to old threads if you look above usernames it shows last reply. If last reply was OVER 3? months ago i'd safely say no reply is needed. Thanks and enjoy your stay on MPGH.
    How now brown cow.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CODfan3221 View Post
    Welcome to MPGH bud do me a favor. Don't reply to old threads if you look above usernames it shows last reply. If last reply was OVER 3? months ago i'd safely say no reply is needed. Thanks and enjoy your stay on MPGH.
    I beg to differ