Thread: Quest Bots

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Lightbulb Quest Bots

Quest Bots

Bots that not only get u the items U want, but also complete sagas for u without breaking a sweat.
    This is something I thought not being possible when I started playing this game, but today after @Biney released
    the final version of Grimoire (3.8). I think it is time and it is possible to make Bots that can achieve this goal.

Features & Requierments

This requieres the creator to play an entire Saga while monitoring it into a Bot (Which can take quite some time)
    This has to be more advanced than any other Bots ever created (There can be no mistakes)
    This requieres a group of well known Bot creators to team up togheter and work on this project.
    All will be written in the final version of Grimoire 3.8 (Which can be found here)

Questions & Answers

Can this "Bot" complete a saga after I did half of it myself?
    The Bot will check everything U have achieved before starting any quest, So it will know exactly where to start in ur saga.

Can I keep this running overnight without it crashing?
    This Bot will be advanced enough to restart itself when it is stuck somewhere so U can sleep in peace.

Will this include entire farm quests like Blinding Light of Destiny?
    This is something up to our creators to decide, This will requiere alot of farming bots to be paired togheter.
    I am absolutely not saying it wont be possible though!

How can I join this "Creator" Team?
    This is still just thread for feedback so I know if people actually want something like this. Allthough,
    If u are interested to help make this possible u can leave a reply.

Conclusion

To make this happen it requieres alot of time from myself, but also from others who want to join in on this project.
    Once again this thread is only for feedback and ur thoughts on this project. Please leave a reply on how u feel
    about something like this, and think about the opportunities it gives us Bot Creators.

Thanks for reading this thread, I hope u have a great day

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GE3 For This Useful Post:

Dab (02-21-2018),HpRizMp0 (06-15-2018),litkid2k12 (10-05-2020)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    No clue how you'll make it check how far you've progressed. Maybe it's possible with some plugins, idk. But I dont have enough knowledge for that.

Anyway, I've thought about it a while ago. And It should be possible if you make almost every quest in a single bot. And make them load after each other with the Load Bot command. If you organize everything neatly in maps. Like:
    - Prologue
    --Quest 1
    --Quest 2
    -Escherion
    --Quest 1

This way users simply have to navigate to the bot they need to start with. And it's the only way I know that would allow reconnecting. If you add multiple quests that can only be completed once. Then there'll be issues if you disconnect on the second or higher quest in that bot.

The problem is that it will only work for 1 version of grimoire. And users have to place them in the exact same place.
    Because the load bot commands uses filepaths. e.g Grimoire 3.8\Bots\Prologue\Quest2

If you do have a better way of checking the progress. Then I'm interested in how.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Thumbs up Brain Spaghetti

Quote Originally Posted by KekkeTex View Post
    No clue how you'll make it check how far you've progressed. Maybe it's possible with some plugins, idk. But I dont have enough knowledge for that.

Anyway, I've thought about it a while ago. And It should be possible if you make almost every quest in a single bot. And make them load after each other with the Load Bot command. If you organize everything neatly in maps. Like:
    - Prologue
    --Quest 1
    --Quest 2
    -Escherion
    --Quest 1

This way users simply have to navigate to the bot they need to start with. And it's the only way I know that would allow reconnecting. If you add multiple quests that can only be completed once. Then there'll be issues if you disconnect on the second or higher quest in that bot.

The problem is that it will only work for 1 version of grimoire. And users have to place them in the exact same place.
    Because the load bot commands uses filepaths. e.g Grimoire 3.8\Bots\Prologue\Quest2

If you do have a better way of checking the progress. Then I'm interested in how.
    Thanks for ur in depth reply buddy.
    I've been thinking about the same thing with "Load Bot" command, like working with maps and having people use only 1 version is no big deal
    And I am sure people are willing to adapt to this once they discovered how amazing this actually is.

Now for the checking progress I will ask @Biney or some other dev to create some kind of plugin that tracks Quests
    This will be hard because some Quests will dissapear after completion & some dont. The only way to do something like this
    is to work with Join Room command and Map Is / Map is Not. When Quests complete they open new maps etc..

Another way could be after completing some quests the character automaticly joins a room and farm a certain amount of "Items"
    So everytime u start the Bot it checks how many of these items u have in ur inventory and it knows "Ah 5 Bone dust we start at Prologue Quest 5"
    20 Bonedust "Ah we should start at Escherion
    This isnt even that hard to achieve for us?

I hope u like the concept

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Interesting. I'm sure that you'll think of suggestions for Grimoire while working on this, and you should let me know of them... I will not promise anything however.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Biney For This Useful Post:

Dab (02-21-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by GE3 View Post
    Another way could be after completing some quests the character automaticly joins a room and farm a certain amount of "Items"
    So everytime u start the Bot it checks how many of these items u have in ur inventory and it knows "Ah 5 Bone dust we start at Prologue Quest 5"
    20 Bonedust "Ah we should start at Escherion
    hue. Yea, an item using as some kind of counter could be used. Although, I've always figured that you would need to add some warnings in your post to not sell this item etc. So instead of confusing readers about it. It's simpler in most cases to just say, find the bot you want to start.
    Most story parts open up a shop in the lorebook. So you could use that. Since it's AC tagged. Players won't really sell it.

Code:
    Is in Inventory: Ascended Avatar's Blade, *
    Goto Label: Prologue Finished
    Is in Bank: Ascended Avatar's Blade, *

*quests for prologue*

Buy item: Ascended Avatar's Blade
    Inventory -> Bank: Ascended Avatar's Blade
    [PROLOGUE FINISHED]

Anyway, sounds like you figured things out
    And although I don't mind brainstorming a bit. I'm probably not gonna actively write bots for this. Cause I have 0 interest in making more alts. So I lack the motivation to go through all those Quest/Item IDs
    Best of luck though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by KekkeTex View Post
    hue. Yea, an item using as some kind of counter could be used. Although, I've always figured that you would need to add some warnings in your post to not sell this item etc. So instead of confusing readers about it. It's simpler in most cases to just say, find the bot you want to start.
    Most story parts open up a shop in the lorebook. So you could use that. Since it's AC tagged. Players won't really sell it.

Code:
    Is in Inventory: Ascended Avatar's Blade, *
    Is in Bank: Ascended Avatar's Blade, *

*quests for prologue*

Buy item: Ascended Avatar's Blade
    Inventory -> Bank: Ascended Avatar's Blade
    [PROLOGUE FINISHED]

Anyway, sounds like you figured things out
    And although I don't mind brainstorming a bit. I'm probably not gonna actively write bots for this. Cause I have 0 interest in making more alts. So I lack the motivation to go through all those Quest/Item IDs
    Best of luck though.
    U got me on the right track, thanks!
    There's another problem, I've been trying to make a demo Bot for prologue
    And I have come across some quests which are Point & Click > Talk to the Knights.
    Also there are some Cutscenes u can't skip without clicking.

Hm think this really comes down to plugins in the end.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by GE3 View Post
    There's another problem, I've been trying to make a demo Bot for prologue
    And I have come across some quests which are Point & Click > Talk to the Knights.
    Also there are some Cutscenes u can't skip without clicking.
    Start logging packets, and do those quests, talking etc.
    Use those exact same packets. If it simply gets some mapitem. Then use the ID you find in the packet for the "Get Map Item" command instead. I'm not 100% sure it works the same in the prologue though.

But afaik, only the prologue works like that. And it's not a requirement for anything. It's also not unusual for players to just skip it anyway. So if it gets too troublesome it would be wasted effort imo.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I've been playing around with something like this for a while now, but didn't know a reliable/fast way to check how much of each storyline has been completed.

I also wasn't sure if the map items in early sagas in which you have to physically move to the item were possible to pick up with packets. Doesn't really matter though because you can move the player to whatever coordinates on the screen with Grimoire now anyway.

I'd be happy to lend a hand with this project if you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
    meme is shittiest general mod ever.

dd/mm/yy
    Member | 28/1/16 - ∞
    Premium | 20/3/16 - ∞
    BattleOn Minion | 24/12/17 - 21/7/21
    Minion+ | 4/4/19 - 11/12/20
    Other MMMORPG Minion | 10/11/19 - 21/7/21
    Publicist | 7/2/20 - Unknown
    Minecraft Minion | 10/12/20 - 21/7/21
    General Minion | 10/12/20 - 21/7/21

Moderator | 11/12/20 - 21/7/21
    Princess | 5/1/21 - 30/6/21
    Global Moderator | 21/7/21 - ∞
    Pharaoh | 30/1/22 - ∞
    Trusted Member | 16/3/23 - ∞

11. The Following User Says Thank You to meme For This Useful Post:

Dab (02-21-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    I've been playing around with something like this for a while now, but didn't know a reliable/fast way to check how much of each storyline has been completed.

I also wasn't sure if the map items in early sagas in which you have to physically move to the item were possible to pick up with packets. Doesn't really matter though because you can move the player to whatever coordinates on the screen with Grimoire now anyway.

I'd be happy to lend a hand with this project if you need it.
    Great! Its really a early phase and all we do now is just bundle some ideas to make it work.
    So if u have any ideas, brain spaghetti u wanna share please do. So in the end we can come with a proper plan to make this work.

Once again I love to see that so many are interested in something like this

Thanks
    How far along are you with this bot? I think it deserves attention, it appears to be a very productive goal to obtain. Best of luck, and if you need other people to help you maybe you can try setting up contact with them so they can work on certain sections while you work on others.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    How far along are you with this bot? I think it deserves attention, it appears to be a very productive goal to obtain. Best of luck, and if you need other people to help you maybe you can try setting up contact with them so they can work on certain sections while you work on others.
    Been playing alot with different methods on this Bot. Some plugins would realy do the job when it comes to Point & Click quests.
    It would not even take such a long time figuring this out when just skipping these annoying cutscenes u can't skip etc.. I have to watch every single
    goddamn one of them and time them for a perfect delay.
    But really if anyone is interested in helping this project: PLUGINS

Now it would be nice to have some sort of tool that gives Grimoire the exact amount of progress my Character has made.
    Maybe this could work with quest ID's? Idk im really having some brain spaghetti on how to figure this one out.

Anyone has some solutions? Hit me up
    Last edited by GE3; 02-23-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    OMG this is big Goodluck guys!