Thread: Ideal Server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Post Ideal Server

What is your ideal server and why?

What is it you are looking for in a server that makes you enjoy playing it?

What do you think needs improving on servers?

What do you dislike about servers?

Anything else?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slendergo For This Useful Post:

Devwarlt (03-08-2018),Nibbafaggot (03-11-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    VotR 2.0 is the most ideal for me. It's down half of the day but when its up, the experience i get while playing is great.

The things i look for is the following: No pets that heal(only for cosmetic purposes), server's that are not laggy, different content than prod(usually suggested by players).

The most things servers don't improve is the server itself, its stability and connectivity. Usually that's what i see in most servers.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
    Albert Einstein

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidSulina For This Useful Post:

Slendergo (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Slendergo View Post

Anything else?
    also i dont have any Ideal pserver
    i woukld say Rotf
    i Enjoy that you get the old Nr Feeling with that custom items low threshold etc the updates and the prod content that get slowly added
    but tbh Ideal for me is Prod ( ( A.T.M ) )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nibbafaggot For This Useful Post:

Slendergo (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    no ideal servers atm

something that makes me play it for 5 years straight, keep me playing, doesn't have to be fun, just enjoyable and entertainable.

definetly better ideas and well, what I stated above.

umm I guess I'm fine with most of them
    hi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zolmex For This Useful Post:

Slendergo (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Answer: My ideal server is the solid and decent server to play with friends, because if you get a good team (even solo developer) of developers to support its private RotMG server project therefore community can grow (of course with total support of moderators to avoid harmful environment), game get often updates and patches and also everyone can enjoy play on it.

Answer: I'm looking for a server whose keep updating, creating new game contents (not only new regular dungeons or alternative exist contents), promoting community events, etc. These specifications are underlying for solid project as well.

Answer: Game network/stability, community care, game-play balanced, non-overpower contents for donations and warranties of trustworthy project to play.

Answer: They don't care about regular updates, community requests/enjoyment and game balancing. Most of projects only think about getting profit and instead to improve game-play experience, for their community, must ignore itself and keep without fundamental updates whose truly would raise game status.

Do you need help or support in your RotMG Private Server? I could help you, leave a private message to me, contact bellow:

https://github.com/Devwarlt

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Devwarlt For This Useful Post:

Lxys (04-09-2018),Nibbafaggot (03-11-2018),SeXZeFPS (03-08-2018),Slendergo (03-08-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    ideal server: sir rapel's up and coming

Did I help you? Please consider buying me a coffee

Member Since 07-18-2015
    Mpgh Premium 07-17-2016
    Mpgh Premium Seller 08-17-2016
    Mpgh News Force (Gaming News) 02-09-2017
    Mpgh News Resignation 06-08-2017
    Realm Of The Mad God Minion 12-11-2017
    Former Staff 09-25-2018

Thanks
    The ideal server is extremely hard to achieve hence only maybe 1 or 2 servers have done it. Nilly did a great job with how he handled donations compared to most servers handing out commands like candy. Secondly, many servers fail to add any content to keep players coming; Sure it may be fun to play on a server that's 1:1 with prod, but it's not going to be fun once it ends up just like prod... boring! A private server must have good content with active developers adding in content to support the server, but also a unique way to get funds from players as well as bring new players in. I long time ago I thought of possibly having like a $2 per month fee to play on a server would be good because two bucks isn't much for any one individual but imagine lots of players each month could be some really good money. Anyhow, like I said if the content isn't new, unique, difficult (way too many servers add senseless dungeons that are too easy), and fun the server won't succeed.

“Fine art is something wonderful that's left long into the future ... eternal beauty.”
    Sasori of the Red Sand
    Ex News Force 8/7/2017-2/7/2018
    Ex Publicist Wiki Manager 10/22/2017 - 5/24/2018
    I enjoyed both of these jobs for MPGH but sadly I did not have the time to keep them up.

Anime Reviews
    Sword Art Online II
    Akame ga kill
    Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale

My PC Build

i5 8600k
    32gb 3200
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero(300 Series)
    2tb seagate/500gb blue ssd
    ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    Windows 10

Fitness Stats
    Height 5' 11"
    Weight 175lbs
    Bodyfat: 11%
    Bench: 275
    Squat 385
    Deadlift: 485

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sasori~ For This Useful Post:

Orbit (03-09-2018),Slendergo (03-09-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by sasori~ View Post
    The ideal server is extremely hard to achieve hence only maybe 1 or 2 servers have done it. Nilly did a great job with how he handled donations compared to most servers handing out commands like candy. Secondly, many servers fail to add any content to keep players coming; Sure it may be fun to play on a server that's 1:1 with prod, but it's not going to be fun once it ends up just like prod... boring! A private server must have good content with active developers adding in content to support the server, but also a unique way to get funds from players as well as bring new players in. I long time ago I thought of possibly having like a $2 per month fee to play on a server would be good because two bucks isn't much for any one individual but imagine lots of players each month could be some really good money. Anyhow, like I said if the content isn't new, unique, difficult (way too many servers add senseless dungeons that are too easy), and fun the server won't succeed.
    so prod style servers you think are the way forward in terms of content or does it not matter if its older
    Last edited by Slendergo; 03-09-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbafaggot View Post
    also i dont have any Ideal pserver
    i woukld say Rotf
    i Enjoy that you get the old Nr Feeling with that custom items low threshold etc the updates and the prod content that get slowly added
    but tbh Ideal for me is Prod ( ( A.T.M ) )
    Too bad RotF isn't ever coming back then :P
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithio View Post

Too bad RotF isn't ever coming back then :P
    Pretty sure he means "Revenge of the Fallen"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRaarupBirk For This Useful Post:

Binary (03-10-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slendergo View Post
    so prod style servers you think are the way forward in terms of content or does it not matter if its older
    It doesn't matter as long as it has what I stated.

“Fine art is something wonderful that's left long into the future ... eternal beauty.”
    Sasori of the Red Sand
    Ex News Force 8/7/2017-2/7/2018
    Ex Publicist Wiki Manager 10/22/2017 - 5/24/2018
    I enjoyed both of these jobs for MPGH but sadly I did not have the time to keep them up.

Anime Reviews
    Sword Art Online II
    Akame ga kill
    Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale

My PC Build

i5 8600k
    32gb 3200
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero(300 Series)
    2tb seagate/500gb blue ssd
    ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    Windows 10

Fitness Stats
    Height 5' 11"
    Weight 175lbs
    Bodyfat: 11%
    Bench: 275
    Squat 385
    Deadlift: 485

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sasori~ For This Useful Post:

Slendergo (03-10-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaarupBirk View Post
    Pretty sure he means "Revenge of the Fallen"
    So do I, and it was a great server. Some lag issues, but I'm still waiting for it being public again.

Thanks
    Can you get me an updated ******* link and a link to an updated download?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSulina View Post
    VotR 2.0 is the most ideal for me. It's down half of the day but when its up, the experience i get while playing is great.

The things i look for is the following: No pets that heal(only for cosmetic purposes), server's that are not laggy, different content than prod(usually suggested by players).

The most things servers don't improve is the server itself, its stability and connectivity. Usually that's what i see in most servers.
    Can you get me an updated Disc ord link and an updated download link?

Thanks
    ideal server? no, I don't think ideal is a very good term to use. I'd like to try to be somewhat helpful by not blowing up an expectation that most owners probably can't achieve.

The reasonable server (as in one that I think could survive with a healthy amount of dedication) has:
    - a fairly recent source. I don't expect most server owners to know how to really identify and fix the engine/networking problems present in most sources, but the newer sources tend to be somewhat more stable and less buggy than older ones.

- around 2-10 hours of accessible custom content at first release. Accessibility is key, and if your players have to grind for hours in "Prod only laggier" to find out that your server is different, you will lose a lot of players in the first 15-45 minutes.

- a sustainable donation system. A system of rewards for donors that you can expect people to keep paying for (server costs are monthly). Personally I'd say that low denomination donations are far more sustainable than high denomination, it's easier to find a hundred people who will pay $2 than four people who will pay $50.

- some staff member is present on the server for 20 hours per operational week- servers are hobby projects but they need supervision. If you as the owner cannot commit that time, find people who will (moderators).

- hype and marketing. You can't keep players if you can't get them in the first place. Make sure that a good number of people know about your server a week before its release.

- a somewhat continuous development. While they're more work to push out, smaller update chunks and hotfixes can really show the players that you're listening. Don't worry too much about the quantity of content pushed out as long as it feels like it's being continuously worked on.

I think all of this a server owner can do without knowing much more than behaviors, being friendly, and having common sense around technology (as in, googling things).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r.p View Post
    ideal server? no, I don't think ideal is a very good term to use. I'd like to try to be somewhat helpful by not blowing up an expectation that most owners probably can't achieve.

The reasonable server (as in one that I think could survive with a healthy amount of dedication) has:
    - a fairly recent source. I don't expect most server owners to know how to really identify and fix the engine/networking problems present in most sources, but the newer sources tend to be somewhat more stable and less buggy than older ones.

- around 2-10 hours of accessible custom content at first release. Accessibility is key, and if your players have to grind for hours in "Prod only laggier" to find out that your server is different, you will lose a lot of players in the first 15-45 minutes.

- a sustainable donation system. A system of rewards for donors that you can expect people to keep paying for (server costs are monthly). Personally I'd say that low denomination donations are far more sustainable than high denomination, it's easier to find a hundred people who will pay $2 than four people who will pay $50.

- some staff member is present on the server for 20 hours per operational week- servers are hobby projects but they need supervision. If you as the owner cannot commit that time, find people who will (moderators).

- hype and marketing. You can't keep players if you can't get them in the first place. Make sure that a good number of people know about your server a week before its release.

- a somewhat continuous development. While they're more work to push out, smaller update chunks and hotfixes can really show the players that you're listening. Don't worry too much about the quantity of content pushed out as long as it feels like it's being continuously worked on.

I think all of this a server owner can do without knowing much more than behaviors, being friendly, and having common sense around technology (as in, googling things).
    Don't forgot one of the most important things... protection. Without a decent protection on your client/server-sided patches, your server won't last more than a few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast