Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    And now the fun begins. My responses are in red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    The "arrogance" which you believe religion is based on isn't arrogance, it's called "belief".

Believing something regardless of the lack of evidence in support of it is silly, and in the face of contradictory evidence is arrogant.

Belief in something greater than us that can't posssibly understood, just known.

Belief and knowledge are not interchangeable terms. Knowledge is belief that is justified by observation and repetition.

Science isn't based on reason dude. It's based solely on evidence, inguiry, perfectionalism and arrogance.

The only reason science works is because it's based on reason, through reason we've determined evidence and inQuiry were the most reliable ways to determine the nature of reality. Belief has only handicapped human progress.

Science and those who study it are too arrogant to just understand what most know as the truth: that there is a god.

Majority opinion doesn't dictate reality and until a gods existence can be demonstrated your assertions are unfounded.

Science has made TECHNOLOGICAL advances, yes, but religion doesn't need technology, only belief, and the will to push through hardships (or just make a fire, rather than use a lighter and burn down a forest). And I guess you could say scientists are the most lazy people out there; they make machines to do stuff for them, rather than do it theirselfs.

Scientists don't farm, scientists and engineers design machinery to make farming easier for the farmer. Science creates vaccines for the diseases that would have killed you if it weren't for them. Science creates opportunity for individuals to save hundreds of millions of lives, scientists like Norman Borlaug effectively changed the world forever
    https://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/14/bu...14borlaug.html

If reason is being re-evaluated constantly, that means reason IS subject to the persons feeelings.

let me clarify this because obvious you're amazingly dense, reason is a result of the culmination of human experience, evaluation and inquiry. It's not subjective from individual to individual and doesn't change based on the whims of one person. For reason to change one would have to prove their understanding of reasoning is sound.

You know how many cancers have been caused by the nuclear bombings?

The statistics I posted took ALL deaths into consideration, including the cancer deaths, learn to read.

Some people, survived, spread it, hell, brain cancer has develpoed a new stem because of the chemicals.

WTF, spread it? Do you even know what cancers are? Their not infectious diseases. You don't "spread it".

How many people have died by cancers? Hm.... Millions? And thats just North America (AFTER BOTH BOMBINGS).

Wow, just wow. I don't even know how to start explaining how stupid that statement is. Please clear something up for me, are you implying that because people got cancer in North America after the bombings, the bombings caused the cancer? You do know cancer existed before the bombings?

Here's some statistics for you in case this some how comes as a shock to you.

Feel stupid, because you are.

Religion DOESNT harm people, because the scientists are the one who MAKE the weapons that religious use because they HAVE TO (BECAUSE SCIENTISTS ATTACKED THEM).

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about... "BECAUSE SCIENTISTS ATTACKED THEM", because scientists attacked who? And When?

The scientists go bug-fuck with their money because they sucked the goverments dick until they came money because of this: "Oh look, a star burst! Oh no! That happened 16 MILLION YEARS AGO! (BECAUSE THAT'S HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR THE LIGHT TO REACH THE TELESCOPES THEY USE)" Science is used to make the poisons that killl good people. Yes, religion has it's faults, but SCIENCE has more: When they make all the discoveries they can, they go bug-fuck and say "I deserve the nobel prize because I fucked a dog and turned it into a cluster-fucked elmo-looking thing". And if you didn't notice, the Japanese civilians WELCOMED the USA/Canadian Forces, because the Japanese were worse than the Americans. Science and religion are the same thing with two differant stories to tell, but science is worse, because they try to outsmart everyone, and they think they're better, when in the end they aren't. Scientists are human. Bizitch.

I don't even know how to de-construct this, it's like microcosm of ignorance within your ignorance, yo dawg. How deep in your ass did you have to dig to get all of this?
    Make shit up? I haven't. Show me one thing, ONE, and I'll re-asses my arguement. But still, because of your huge ass ego, I say this:

Even a dumbass can know truth where smart-asses cannot.

Sure, but that dumbass better have some convincing evidence if he intends to share his "truth".

I admit, I'm obviously not as smart as you on the science side of things, but I know a pile of bullshit from another when I see it, and yours just takes the cake. And my reason for knowing I've won: You don't have anything to say to mey statement some 2 or 3 posts back,

refer above

you believe reason has a fixed definition,

refer further above

which is so WRONG, you apparently believe you are a higher being,

I don't.

subjecting people other than you to the term "people" as if you aren't the same

We are all practically the same, i don't know where you got the notion that I think I'm a superior life-form.

and the fact that you believe that using big words and acting all high-all-mighty means your smarter than everyone. Let me inform you of something:

It doesn't.

I don't recall saying a well-rounded vocabulary makes me more intelligent, however it may make me more eloquent.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 04-23-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    If it wasn't about religion I would read ur wall of text, but because it is, its pointless, people have been debating this shit for Millenia, just tell me when some1 wins... or mor likely loses interest. lol xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    win=nuclear holocaust

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    If God were to "prevent" all evil, he'd have to "prevent" every single one of us, because we're the source of it.

Here's your answer. God is able, but not willing, because if He was, no mercy will be shown to any of us.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Free will
    /done.

nice bump btw.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Damage View Post
    If God were to "prevent" all evil, he'd have to "prevent" every single one of us, because we're the source of it.

Here's your answer. God is able, but not willing, because if He was, no mercy will be shown to any of us.
    But hes omnipotent.
    He should be able to erase evil from our hearts.
    Not that he exists of course, or he would have done so already.

Press The Thanks Button If I Helped =D
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakiller13 View Post

and im aint fag,
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS SloaMoeDaea

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by SloaMoeDaea View Post
    But hes omnipotent.
    He should be able to erase evil from our hearts.
    Not that he exists of course, or he would have done so already.
    free will
    /done.

You should read other post.

Thanks
    you'll see if God exist when you die. but i think that in what you belive - that exist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    god can do whatever he wants , whenever , its refusing temptation that makes us look good enough to go to heaven

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    GOD DOES NOT EXIST!
    ACCEPT IT
    CHRISTIANITY IS DIEING, ITS JUST ANOTHER PHONY RELIGION.

Press The Thanks Button If I Helped =D
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakiller13 View Post

and im aint fag,
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS SloaMoeDaea

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    GOD DOES NOT EXIST!
    ACCEPT IT
    CHRISTIANITY IS DIEING, ITS JUST ANOTHER PHONY RELIGION.
    Thats like saying wii sales are dying. The only reason it doesn't sell anymore is cause everyone has one.

Your just a troll with little trolling experience.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    GOD DOES NOT EXIST!
    Wow that's a pretty bold claim, can you demonstrate this? Because you'd be the first.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Thats like saying wii sales are dying. The only reason it doesn't sell anymore is cause everyone has one.

Your just a troll with little trolling experience.
    I know no one that has one....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I know no one that has one....
    .....i know about 100 people that do.....

Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

.....i know about 100 people that do.....
    100 isn't everyone.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast