Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Need to start working out could use some help here

Hey so I weigh about 180 pounds and I'm 5'11

Honestly my weight group isn't a problem for me here it's just recently a bit of that weight has been hitting my gut and I'm not really fan of it. I of course eat a lot of junk ass food especially McDonalds legit my favorite fast food restaurant at the moment.

I've never really had a meal plan before or a continuous work out I'd go on short bursts of workouts but then get bored.

Any help would be appreciated I'd don't have any access to any weights or anything like that just your typical pushup / situp and running.

Thanks
    You don't need weights to be swole.

But srsly I just got a gym membership, also Googling "One month workout routine" had a lot of stuff

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Meal Plans are important, if you cant do that because budgeting, download the MyFitnessPal app and just track your macros.

working out starts with you going to the gym, posting online isn't gonna help with any motivation tbh (talking from experience lol)

I'll live forever and ever with Lee Mijoo
    Thanks
    Run lift sit up for 6 days repeat

Also meal is o=important so no fast food during that time

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I've been conditioning for the Army here for a few months, so I can offer a bit of advise and hopefully it'll help you out.

First and foremost; generate a meal plan. If you're looking to bulk up, you generally want to have more lean protein, less carbohydrates. Foods such as eggs, chicken, fish, etc, are great. I personally use https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html to get an estimate of how much I should be eating and try to keep an idea of the calories I take in.

Second; exercise, finding the motivation is the hardest part. From experience, I find it hard to drop what I'm doing and head to the gym, be it in the morning or in the hours of the evening. However once you find your motivation, try to stick with it. Adopt the mentality that you're there to improve, and try to enjoy yourself while you go. In terms of exercises there are honestly so many I can't tell you what to do. Personally however, I try to workout atleast five days out of the week, begin with stationary exercises like pushups and abs, rotate to my lifting for the day (chest/tris/legs), and end with a 30 minute cardio session.

Third; keep at it. Like I said, it's not exactly easy to get yourself going, but if you keep yourself pumped up and monitor your results it's extremely rewarding.

Also, don't starve yourself. Your body does not appreciate it, and it will do everything in its power to fuck you over. That includes losing weight.
    Last edited by Metallant; 06-14-2018 at 11:17 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Metallant For This Useful Post:

Mordom52 (06-17-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    To best honest i dont agree 100% with the people above.
    Sure a meal plan and tracking your macros its one of the best things you can do at the momment.But if you are not ready mentaly its kinda hard to stick to it if you just starting out. In my opinion start doing baby steps. Start working out (dont focus on cardio), stop doing the things you know you are doing wrong. For example if you eat 3-4 times a week junk food start by cutting it to 2 then maybe after 1 or 2 weeks to 1. Stop eating sugar as much as you can (its addictive). Start eating whole-foods more stuff like chickens, lean-beef eggs, greek yogurt, veggies.

You have to understand that if your diet was crap for a long time its hard to make a 180 turn and start doing everything perfectly. If you are not 100% ready for it you wont last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    Love this guy - Best designs around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otisホ View Post
    + rep ,That guy is a god, i just told him what i want, and he did it as i said.Same idea was in my mind, thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley_cole23199 View Post
    +1 Vouch

Made me the sickest logo for business, definitely going to be doing future business with him, by far the best graphics designer I've used on mpgh so far!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rop89 View Post
    Love this guy! So chill, done an amazing job on my thread and also offer free edits? What more could you ask for! THe price was basically nothing! GOing to get him to my avatar and signature soon!

VOUCH+
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinchein View Post
    +1 for this guy, make me a logo in 2 hours ! +++ Perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    Vouch, great designs for an affordable price. Would recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endl3ss View Post
    voch he made me some amazing thread work!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloud Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Mordom52 (06-17-2018)

Thanks
    >get emotionally attached to someone
    >have your emotions destroyed
    >get hench as fuck and develop the "look at me now" mentality

10/10 fastest way to achieve fitness goals

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliboli8769 For This Useful Post:

Ze'os (09-18-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post

What ??
    You mean to save ass first have to destroy it ?

Thanks
    Start eating healthy, that means less of McDonald's and more green veggies.
    You could start running but if you're favorite place to eat is MC you're probably too lazy for that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post

I swear this works. 🤣

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Eat good, stay hydrated #hydrohomies
    and work out of course...

Meal plans are good, there are many many foods that give you the same satisfaction of a mcdonalds, you just have to find the right recipes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

food

Workout is not effective if your fuel is MCD, I wouldn't call it food. Try quitting it and eating non proccesed fresh food and you will feel like a different person.

Thanks
    A meal plan is great but in terms of weight loss and specific weight loss

One: the issue may or may not be as simple as meal planning
    Two: Long term total and restrictive meal planning may not be needed

Working in terms of weight loss I use a rule called the two ingredient or two macro rule. All that means is that for 99% of people their weight issues (nutritional) are caused by either one or two ingredients/macro and not their complete eating habits in general. People with normal resting metabolic rates are going to be hyper responders or hyper sensitive to one to two ingredients or macro nutrients that they consume everyday. Some people may be hyper responders to carbs some may be hyper responsive to carbs when only consumed as refined carbs or added sugars. Others may be sensitive to fat, others protein excess. As a result eating healthy or eating for weight loss can and almost always looks very different from person to person.

Also, understanding what specific ingredients or macros you need to cut or manage will help you stay on track with your new meal plan as you won`t need to completely restrict yourself from all foods that you enjoy. This is where most people fail. There`s a point a few days, weeks or months down the road where temptation gets the best of them and that "cheat meal" turns into a cheat day, which turns into a cheat week then a cheat month and you are back to square one.

In terms of general health daily McDonalds runs are not a good idea but its very possible that its not the general McDonalds meal that`s hitting your guy but the way you are responding to specific things in that meal. Also understand that as you age the impact will become greater so if the impact seems greater recently, first take a visit to your general healthcare provider and make sure there are no underlying health issues causing the weight gain and if not understand your body may be telling you moving forward you are not going to be able to get away with your previous/current lifestyle.