Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

So i am declared new owner of NILLYS REALM! [Total clickbait, js rofl]

hi guys im half nobody half somebody in this section so some ppl might remember me rofl but my pc broke while ago and ive just been playing on my xbox cuz im not a nerd and i can live without a pc but just few weeks ago I found a cool gaming pc (my first ever, used to always just buy plain brand laptops from Dell and shit lmao) on letgo for $150 (runs fortnite and that's like 99% of the reason I bought it lmaoooo) but I figured HEY LETS GET INTO ROTMG PSERVER CODING AGAIN and this is either worst decision I will make because I will get frustrated when I cant code something by myself and headbutt my keyboard and get a huge headache then fall asleep, or a good decision because it will keep me busy, who knows. but I am here 2 ask for suggestions (whatsnewlmao) like the other 4000 suggestion-requesting threads made by me and others in this section in the past

just tell me stuff you'd like to see put in the private servers you all play on, and if thats the case ill release the code to it so maybe it CAN be put in the server you play on ;P

or just tell me stuff that you dont think i can do and then BOOM after 2000 google searches I prove yo bitch ass wrong lel

or u can be total F4GG0T and say "add nilly items pls"

so ya dont say anything like that, i hate making dungeons and items and shit like that its so fucking easy but i do not have time to be a fucking artist for the items that drop in said dungeon and the monsters that you face in said dungeon

looking for multiple in-game progression rewarding to implement (no, not just one thing like u give in a quest item and u get a dex pot, i mean like give me ideas of stuff that a majority of people do in-game and tell me what i should reward them for doing it, example: "Reward players a free instant 8/8 pot when they reach level 20 for first time, reward players a free set dedicated to their class for making their first character, reward players 8 random mid tier items when they unlock their first vault, etc")

looking for a neat way to implement pets, my current idea is building them (yes, robotic pets, its a thing now bitches)
    this way it makes the whole pets-cant-die-but-when-you-die-they-know-how-to-get-back-to-their-pet-yard actually seem convincing lmaoooooooo
    this would be done in my long-time idea "The Laboratory" basically just a map filled with cool interactive objects where u can change character appearance, account shit, and all that (buy glows, walking trails, skins, name tags, name colors, etc stuff in that category)

also looking for moderation ideas, how to help balance power between ranks, how to make mods encouraged to want to go online every day and moderate (im not hosting a server but i still want to edit it like im going to be ykno in case i release the source code for others to use and publish)

and not just staff balancing ideas but actually moderation ideas like discipline system (for example a jail system, where u spawn into nexus as a trickster with black and white striped skin like ur typical jail character from like any cartoon show lmao, with the cheater items and no prism, stuffed in a box, where all u can do is watch what happens in nexus and talk)
    and ways for players to insta screenshot via client so they can make citizens arrests for when they catch someone noclipping and godmode and etc whatever hacks there are nowadays lmao

i wont be covering stuff like that in the source just because no point in patching any of it if you cant patch all of it, yeah sure i see how some people would want to patch what they can such as noclip, stat hacking, etc but then that just leaves ONE and THE MOST EFFECTIVE hack left for them to do, GODMODE! and what are they gonna do? They gonna use it, and they gonna use it 10x more if its the only hack left for them to use. lol jk (or not, it did make sense xD) but still patching EVERY SINGLE hack is hard, don't hit me with that "No its not ur just 2 retard" cuz I will literally just dox u and send dozens of people on Craigslist to your house looking to buy a couch (sarcasm). riddle me this, how does a professional team of experienced developers who get payed thousands of dollars (cough cough DECA cough cough) not even be able to patch a shit ton of hacks on their game that millions of people play (literally a SHIT ton of hacks, hundreds and hundreds lmfao). yes they patched the most game-ruining hacks like godmode as we said above, but you get what I mean, EVERY GAME GETS HACKED unless they have that weird 3rd party anti cheat program that most big-time popular games have. there will always be that one guy who goes the extra mile just to ruin ur server, BUT GUESS WHAT, AINT SHIT GETTING RUINED UNLESS U LET THEIR HACKING GET YOU UN-MOTIVATED. IF YOU R MOTIVATED U WILL BAN THEM AND EVERY ACCOUNT THEY MAKE, U WILL WAIT FOR THEM ONLINE JUST TO BAN THEM, U WILL BAN ALL OF THEIR VPNS UNTIL THEY FALL ASLEEP AND WAKE UP THE NEXT DAY THINKING "damn not even gonna bother with that shit they just gonna keep banning me rofl". or just let them niggas noclip and shit fuck it might even make noclip a new ability for a new class LMAO "Magician" uses a Wand and ability texture is just a question mark on a book, uses robe and ring simple as that look at me thinking of dank new classes man

did think of some godmode patches tho if anyone is interested, got these from group chat from forever ago forgot who said them, pretty sure it was ossi just throwing out his noob level versions of godmode patches instead of giving out his pro god jesus versions
    but one of them is having server read file size of client, if it doesnt match ur original clients size down to the decimal, to reject them, or when player position is same as a projectile position and player is still at full health 1 seconds later, to disconnect them, or maybe u can just host ur god damn client online and make it so that if they want to play in projector they have to load the URL, and that if the .swf itself is loaded that it rejects loading.

basically what im saying is that no hacks are gonna be patched in the source, only things getting patched are small time exploits (aka making username long asf, monsters lagging thru walls, abilities being used outside of map, etc simple stuff like that that causes lag)

and no hate towards my rant about hacks above, half of it was trolls obviously, but some of it i really meant lmfao, obviously deca doesnt give a shit about the hacks that are currently out for their game, all they care bout is godmode and duping, anything else doesnt even cross their mind, thell just ban the casual hacker when a proof-video is sent to them lmao

and some ui tweak suggestions never hurt a soul, so throw em at me

any suggestions are welcome

make em unique as fuck pls and well thought out, not no "add that thing that does that"
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-01-2018 at 07:16 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

Orbit (07-03-2018),TheRealLawFTW (07-21-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Well, welcome back

I would love to see you making contributions again

Perhaps something like daily quests (similar to prod) for FSoD?

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post
    Well, welcome back

I would love to see you making contributions again

Perhaps something like daily quests (similar to prod) for FSoD?
    yeah well im even worse at coding than i was a year ago when i was doing this stuff on the daily, have to get back into it for a couple days and try to remember what i could about what i knew about in the past, i try to do the simple stuff that people overlook but still find very interesting

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (07-01-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    add nilly items pls
    Nice

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Demon For This Useful Post:

Orbit (07-03-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Please remaster the 123.5.1 source. You won't regret it.
    Wtf is this by the way?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (07-02-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Executed everything you stated here in Atlas, just use your brain. Development did take over a year but that was mainly because I was a solo developer, first time making a server, and it was very on and off work. Probably only spent around 500 hours into the development, but Atlas was a great take on how RotMG servers should be made. The downsides came to my inexperience with coding, I have no sense of networking or stability, so the lag and other issues eventually killed the server.

If you're someone who doesn't know what Atlas is, then you truly missed out on something great.

My weapon is a backpack.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Invader_Zim For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (07-02-2018)

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader_Zim View Post
    Executed everything you stated here in Atlas, just use your brain. Development did take over a year but that was mainly because I was a solo developer, first time making a server, and it was very on and off work. Probably only spent around 500 hours into the development, but Atlas was a great take on how RotMG servers should be made. The downsides came to my inexperience with coding, I have no sense of networking or stability, so the lag and other issues eventually killed the server.

If you're someone who doesn't know what Atlas is, then you truly missed out on something great.
    ya I was lurking on mpgh when u first started the project, but I quit using PC before u started hosting the server publicly afaik, and here I am now like a year n half or so later

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
    Please remaster the 123.5.1 source. You won't regret it.
    Wtf is this by the way?
    just ur typical suggestion requesting thread that's gonna get no worthy suggestions most likely
    Last edited by Riigged; 07-02-2018 at 10:28 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (07-02-2018)

Thanks

Items

Add nilly's realm item spls (honomo)

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by bburken View Post
    Add nilly's realm item spls (honomo)
    Jesus christ, this thread is only like 3 months old? Feels like I havent touched realm in a year. Oh well ecksdee.