Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Major FPS drop that doesnt go away when i play games

Okay,this is basically like a last resort cause ive already tried a fuck ton of shit already and it didnt work.The problem is as stated in the title,whenever i play a game it goes normally then suddenly i get a major fps drop that doesnt go away.
    First game i noticed it on was league of legends when i was on like 150 frames per second (90-100 fps when somn big is going on)it would just be going smoothly and then all of a sudden it just drops to like 10-20 fps or even worse at times.First i thought it was just a league problem but then when i tried on other games it did the same.Retried playing tera which used to run smoothly on lower settings now on low settings i cant even play the game properly,and in some games the fps is just horrible from the beggining even on the lowest settings which should be smooth i checked even the pc requirements for the games and my pc could handle them (laptop actually just used to saying pc).These are the things i tried so far:
    1.Putting a ton of settings for best performance on my laptop (didnt work)
    2.Changing some things in the registry for even better performance (i made sure they were safe changes dont worry tho thats irrelevant ul see when i get to the last bit)
    3.Disabling a ton of services that dont do anything that i need and were safe to turn off
    Now were getting to the checking for viruses.
    I tried a bunch of antivirur/malware programs only to find PUPs which arent even that big of an issue i know i had them before,then i discovered something about a bitcoin mining virus that had very similar symptoms to what im having and i followed the process to eradicating it but still found absolutely jack shit.CCleaner didnt do anything neither fixing broken registrys or cleaning up junk on my pc it still remained.
    Then i checked for overheating and how to fix that and basically it told me to just blow out the dust thats clogging the fans and i did so,problem still remained.
    Last resort:Total system reinstall without keeping anything at all on it.
    Guess what?Nope,problem still persists.
    Now i come to these forums in hopes that someone with a ton of tech knowledge will look at it and tell me what the hell is going on with my laptop which used to run smoothly.The only thing i can suspect at this point is just hardware failure which i really hope is not the case cause i kind of dont have time right now to get my laptop to another city that has the only hp laptop servicing facility in my entire country (serbia),so i want to see if there might be anything else i can try.
    Thanks in advance and sorry for any mistakes,if u have any questions feel free to ask me.

Thanks
    Plug in another monitor while playing and watch task manager and look if anything spikes up in resources while playing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Plug in another monitor while playing and watch task manager and look if anything spikes up in resources while playing
    Its like 5 AM rn so il try this in a few hours and il tell you what i came up with or even a screenshot if im able to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i will now write down every thing that i observed.
    The fps drop did happen i went into a custom game with bots on league before that opening both task manager and resource monitor
    This is the usage when i have normal fps during a game:
    CPU 39/42 percent
    memory 63 percent
    disk 0/2 percent
    network 0 percent
    on the resource monitor i didnt see anything out of the blue nothing new and even on processes on task manager no new process
    When the fps drop happens:IT LEGIT STAYED THE SAME
    atleast on the first drop though on the second drop i noticed something pretty fucking odd
    the cpu usage actually went DOWN instead of up.I dont know what to make of this im legit confused as to how and why this is happening.
    I hope this info was enough if u need more tell me.

Thanks
    @stefan2912
    Are your battery settings set to power saver since you are on a laptop & I also recommend looking up cpu parking this may be your issue.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    @<a href="https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=2198944" target="_blank">stefan2912</a>
    Are your battery settings set to power saver since you are on a laptop & I also recommend looking up cpu parking this may be your issue.

My battery settings are pretty much always on high performance.
    Havent heard of cpu parking at all,ill check it out and give an update in like 5-10 mins

- - - Updated - - -

@<a href="https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=2198944" target="_blank">stefan2912</a>
    So basically puts some of my processor cores to sleep to save power,ok il check for a solution if this is the problem.Gotta do a small bit of searching tho.

- - - Updated - - -

ok i found this two minute video on how to turn it off with regedit i just wanted to check with you if its safe to do this cause i really havent heard of cpu parking before and want to be safe

- - - Updated - - -

@stefan2912
    Ok so i basically turned off the cpu parking and it did absolutely nothing the problem still persists in league and in other games i still have horrible fps right from the very beginning

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Bump,please anyone?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Update:Installed MSI Afterburner to monitor my pc in more detail
    So basically the stats are generally like this
    cpus 1-4 usage:20-50 percent while playing league,temperature around the 80 or a bit more mark
    gpu temp same as cpu gpu 1 usage is mostly 80-90 percent gpu 2 usage maybe 12 to 20 percent
    ram usage 2.2 gigs of ram
    and when the fps drop happened the gpu 1 usage went down to like 0 fluctuating between 0 to 10
    Any ideas?