Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Tips to Improve English Writing Skills

Hi Everyone!

I am also an English learner here but in my English learning journey, I improved my English writing skills a lot. Here, I am good to share my personal pieces of advice with you:

Reading: I remember, in childhood, my parents and teachers were suggesting to read English newspaper (that I never read) but in this era of internet, you should try to read online news articles. Like, I am a huge fan of Korean, Indian and Turkish dramas so, I read all the news about dramas' cast, upcoming seasons etc online. Yes, it improved my grammar a lot.

Watch TV Shows & Dramas with English Subtitle: I don't know which language you speak but you should start watching your favourite TV shows, movies and dramas with English subtitle. It would be great if you watch your own language movies, shows etc with English subtitle. It will improve your skill in making sentences.

Thesaurus: Yes, it is really helpful in a case to learn new words. I have bookmarked it on my browser and to find synonyms or antonyms I always use it.

Word Board Games: There are several word games are available over the internet so if you have any friend that you think will give a great challenge in vocabulary then invite him/her to play with you. If I share my experience with you. Yes, I don't have friends who are expert at Grammar that's why I invited my English teacher and seniors to play word games with me and I learn a number of new words from them.

Start Your Own Blog: To improve your writing skills and vocabulary too, you should start your own blog. You can easily create a blog at Blogger. However, to improve your grammar or vocabulary while writing a blog, you should install Grammarly extension on the browser or at Ms Word. I am using a premium free account of Grammarly. So, if you want premium account at discount rate then you should get all the details from here https://grammarly.discount-coupons.n...free-accounts/. You can also write about new words or grammar phrases that you learn each day. This blog would also help you with record keeping.

Conversations: Yes, how can I forget conversations. Try to follow high authority pages or blogs at both Twitter and Facebook and try to share your opinion there in English. You can comment on news articles etc.

I hope these tips would help you. But keep in mind, I am still an English learner, not an expert. Regards,
    Last edited by Rufina Tangert; 08-28-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks
    I would also recommend children shows and books for beginners. I'm using this to understand French better, especially translations of media I already know.

Thanks
    I would also recommend children shows and books for beginners. I'm using this to understand French better, especially translations of media I already know.

Thanks
    watch english movies so your ear will recognize words easy.

Thanks
    Reading and watching videos with subtitles is the same that I have experienced. Especially subtitltes will teach you how to pronounce words properly. Getting in contact with other people is also helpful even if they are beginners themselves. It's simply more fun and therefore more motivating. Guess there are several tandem apps in each country that you may find contacts with.

Thanks
    Yes watching english movies if the good way to start improving english

Thanks
    english aight, Ebonics is better

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I do not have any problems with speaking english, but an effective way that helped me improve and hone my skills in writing in english is reading novels.

It may sound boring, but hear me out.

I never really loved reading especially when it comes to academics. I hated studying and therefore I occasionally procrastinated. But what piqued my interest to read was reading fiction novels. Though it did not help me academically, it did widen my horizons in terms of vocabulary. I encountered many emotional expressing words that I looked up with a dictionary from time to time, or any word that seems new to me I looked up before immersing myself into the story.

If its academics like maybe you're studying Law, then my suggestion may waste your time a little as you'll be reading material unrelated to what's required in law. But since you're learning the english language it does help a lot I tell you, I never knew I'd improve so much since I was brought up speaking english.

After saying all this, I wish you luck on your English language learning journey.