Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    HiImKyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Fine

    Proof of concept client



    This is merely a concept, if I can just get the tModLoader side of it working more smoothly I might push it out.
    Anyone have ideas of why it's running out of memory?
     
    Kyle#0420
    If you're gonna add me, please say what thread you're adding me from so I know the context of why you're adding me. If not I'll just ignore you.

  2. #2
    IDontReallyKnowEither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    457
    No way to really get feedback on your issue with just an error in a video.

    tModLoader has it's fair share of issues with big mods like Calamity even without additions to it, so I couldn't really tell you without debugging the thing myself.
    Make sure there's nothing wrong with the patches you're doing (Check HandleChat & Update?). Try disabling things until it seems to work again and figure out what the issue is.
    Last edited by IDontReallyKnowEither; 09-12-2018 at 06:38 AM.

  3. #3
    HiImKyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by IDontReallyKnowEither View Post
    No way to really get feedback on your issue with just an error in a video.

    tModLoader has it's fair share of issues with big mods like Calamity even without additions to it, so I couldn't really tell you without debugging the thing myself.
    Make sure there's nothing wrong with the patches you're doing (Check HandleChat & Update?). Try disabling things until it seems to work again and figure out what the issue is.
    I've made sure all the code fits nicely, there were a few mishaps with getting the offsets right on some of it but I eventually got it to stick and checking the code to make sure it went where I wanted it returned everything good. I'm not sure why it says its throwing that error to be honest. The only time I've heard it come up was when my friend tried tModLoader on his laptop that's a piece of shit so I just assumed that it would be a 32/64bit issue with ram allocation etc. But if I try and run it via 64bit only it brings up even more issues. So I might just drop tModLoader support all together if I can't get it running smoothly.
     
    Kyle#0420
    If you're gonna add me, please say what thread you're adding me from so I know the context of why you're adding me. If not I'll just ignore you.

  4. #4
    FunnyGameNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0

    Question

    Idk exactly what this client is and i didn't watch the video, but if a 32-bit assembly runs out of memory on 64-bit machine with over9999 gb of free ram i think it just isn't marked as LargeAddressAware.

    & sry for my bad english, i'm russian.

  5. #5
    HiImKyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyGameNS View Post
    Idk exactly what this client is and i didn't watch the video, but if a 32-bit assembly runs out of memory on 64-bit machine with over9999 gb of free ram i think it just isn't marked as LargeAddressAware.

    & sry for my bad english, i'm russian.
    Interesting, the client is just Terraria Patcher but modified to add my client to it, it's a lot more different now. I'll look into the LargeAddressAware solution, thanks.
     
    Kyle#0420
    If you're gonna add me, please say what thread you're adding me from so I know the context of why you're adding me. If not I'll just ignore you.

  6. #6
    HiImKyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Fine
    So I've applied the LAA patch but at this point its just running into the same error of invalid program exceptions, "common language runtime detected" even though it's worked in the past, nothing changed other than LAA, but now it refuses to go any further. Not sure if I will continue down this rabbit hole of shit that is tModLoader and my client.
     
    Kyle#0420
    If you're gonna add me, please say what thread you're adding me from so I know the context of why you're adding me. If not I'll just ignore you.

  7. #7
    FunnyGameNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HiImKyle View Post
    So I've applied the LAA patch but at this point its just running into the same error of invalid program exceptions, "common language runtime detected" even though it's worked in the past, nothing changed other than LAA, but now it refuses to go any further. Not sure if I will continue down this rabbit hole of shit that is tModLoader and my client.
    Pretty strange, adding LAA patch to postbuild tasks helped me.

  8. #8
    HiImKyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyGameNS View Post
    Pretty strange, adding LAA patch to postbuild tasks helped me.
    It's fine with normal Terraria, but tModLoader throws the invalid program exception "common language runtime detected"

    EDIT: A thought might be tModLoader's target framework but i cba to download the right terraria version just to satisfy the setup for it.
    Last edited by HiImKyle; 02-04-2019 at 08:15 AM.
     
    Kyle#0420
    If you're gonna add me, please say what thread you're adding me from so I know the context of why you're adding me. If not I'll just ignore you.

Similar Threads

  1. Proof of Concept - RPM Radar (DayZ SA)
    By geckosnipp in forum DayZ Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 07:24 PM
  2. Really Awesome Game ( Proof of Concept )
    By chickeninabiskit in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 02:29 AM
  3. Proof of Concept.
    By Zen in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 01:30 AM
  4. [Proof of Concept]Iron Sights
    By TrollerCoaster in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
  5. Proof of Concept!
    By why06 in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 09:17 AM