Thanks

Proof of concept client

This is merely a concept, if I can just get the tModLoader side of it working more smoothly I might push it out.
    Anyone have ideas of why it's running out of memory?

Thanks
    No way to really get feedback on your issue with just an error in a video.

tModLoader has it's fair share of issues with big mods like Calamity even without additions to it, so I couldn't really tell you without debugging the thing myself.
    Make sure there's nothing wrong with the patches you're doing (Check HandleChat & Update?). Try disabling things until it seems to work again and figure out what the issue is.
    Last edited by IDontReallyKnowEither; 09-12-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IDontReallyKnowEither View Post
    No way to really get feedback on your issue with just an error in a video.

tModLoader has it's fair share of issues with big mods like Calamity even without additions to it, so I couldn't really tell you without debugging the thing myself.
    Make sure there's nothing wrong with the patches you're doing (Check HandleChat & Update?). Try disabling things until it seems to work again and figure out what the issue is.
    I've made sure all the code fits nicely, there were a few mishaps with getting the offsets right on some of it but I eventually got it to stick and checking the code to make sure it went where I wanted it returned everything good. I'm not sure why it says its throwing that error to be honest. The only time I've heard it come up was when my friend tried tModLoader on his laptop that's a piece of shit so I just assumed that it would be a 32/64bit issue with ram allocation etc. But if I try and run it via 64bit only it brings up even more issues. So I might just drop tModLoader support all together if I can't get it running smoothly.

Thanks

Question

Idk exactly what this client is and i didn't watch the video, but if a 32-bit assembly runs out of memory on 64-bit machine with over9999 gb of free ram i think it just isn't marked as LargeAddressAware.

& sry for my bad english, i'm russian.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyGameNS View Post
    Idk exactly what this client is and i didn't watch the video, but if a 32-bit assembly runs out of memory on 64-bit machine with over9999 gb of free ram i think it just isn't marked as LargeAddressAware.

& sry for my bad english, i'm russian.
    Interesting, the client is just Terraria Patcher but modified to add my client to it, it's a lot more different now. I'll look into the LargeAddressAware solution, thanks.

Thanks
    So I've applied the LAA patch but at this point its just running into the same error of invalid program exceptions, "common language runtime detected" even though it's worked in the past, nothing changed other than LAA, but now it refuses to go any further. Not sure if I will continue down this rabbit hole of shit that is tModLoader and my client.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HiImKyle View Post
    So I've applied the LAA patch but at this point its just running into the same error of invalid program exceptions, "common language runtime detected" even though it's worked in the past, nothing changed other than LAA, but now it refuses to go any further. Not sure if I will continue down this rabbit hole of shit that is tModLoader and my client.
    Pretty strange, adding LAA patch to postbuild tasks helped me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyGameNS View Post
    Pretty strange, adding LAA patch to postbuild tasks helped me.
    It's fine with normal Terraria, but tModLoader throws the invalid program exception "common language runtime detected"

EDIT: A thought might be tModLoader's target framework but i cba to download the right terraria version just to satisfy the setup for it.
    Last edited by HiImKyle; 02-04-2019 at 08:15 AM.