Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Energy Drinks: Yes or No?

As the title states, are you for or against Energy Drinks?

Personally, I have been drinking them almost daily for at least the past three years, drinking them for at least the past six, and have noticed no effects on my health at all.

Many people hate Energy Drinks due to the amount of sugar, amount of caffeine and other ingredients they include in them. There are other reasons why people hate them, such as the deaths. Now, if you take a look at most reports of people dying from Energy Drinks, it is typically because they mixed it with alcoholic beverages, or drink a large quantity in a small amount of time. Me, personally, can take anywhere from 15 minutes up to a solid five or six hours drinking just the one regular 500ml Can.

There has recently been a "ban" / rule put in place in the UK where majority of supermarkets have now restricted sale of them to under 16s. Personally, whilst I can understand the frustration of high school kids not being able to buy them, I think this is a step in the right direction.

So, what's your thoughts on Energy Drinks? If you drink them, what is your favorite brand / flavor? My favorite brand is and always will be Monster, and my favorite flavor at the moment is Pipeline Punch / The Doctor, can't decide between them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    All for it mate, I dont see why people should put a ban on these when there is much more shit out there that people can buy. Its the users choice if they want to buy it, just like cigarettes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSamm View Post
    All for it mate, I dont see why people should put a ban on these when there is much more shit out there that people can buy. Its the users choice if they want to buy it, just like cigarettes.
    Yeah, majority of people will always find an alternative route to get around the ban. All you need is someone 16+ who looks old enough or has ID and boom, there you have it.

I understand the ban due to the health risks involved and how the ingredients can affect each user differently. and yeah, I would much rather my kid be spending money on energy drinks than going out sniffing coke, smoking meth and whatnot, again, all of which is easily accessible if you know the right person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful

Most corner shops in my area don't care/ask.
    They care more about the money tbh.
    I've heard that my mate can go down to his local cornershop and buy a crate 'for his mum'
    This ban is not going to last imo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by benisreallycool View Post
    Most corner shops in my area don't care/ask.
    They care more about the money tbh.
    I've heard that my mate can go down to his local cornershop and buy a crate 'for his mum'
    This ban is not going to last imo
    Yeah, it's not a requirement by law to have the ban in place, just a recommendation, which is why corner shops / off license places don't care. I feel like the ban will definitely last, however that after a while stores will get fed up of asking and just let under 16s buy them.

Thanks
    Energy drinks all the way

7. The Following User Says Thank You to donofallah For This Useful Post:

BotizBoosting (10-22-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Not a fan, they basically just raise my heart rate and give me no energy boost. Cold brew coffee all the way.
    Oh, Susquehanna

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    No need at all for energy drinks, if you slept a proper 8 hours and drink 2-3 litres of water a day you'll feel much better than being on red bull etc.

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Thanks
    Meh, to each his own. Energy drinks make me feel jittery, so I tend to avoid them.

Thanks
    I don't like energy drink. I prefer coffee to boost my energy sometimes.

Thanks
    im addicted to monster and it gives me depression

Thanks
    Yes if you can limit yourself.

I personally drink 2-4 Energy Drinks every two to three days, sometimes longer. I try to take a break every few days, I just think it helps.

Someone I know had a heart attack and died at the age of twenty-two years old. He drank about 8 a day, sometimes more, non-stop for a couple of years so if you can enjoy it in moderation, they can enjoy it like you do coffee and/or tea. Just don't be lazy otherwise you'll literally gain weight like never before. (Just walk, basic cardio, keep your metabolism up.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    I used to be an avid drinker of energy drinks but after like a month of drinking one a day I started getting chest pains, shakes and diarrhoea every time I drunk a single can. From that day forward I have never drunk one since. If you want an energy boost just drink coffee or have a cold shower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Surpluss View Post
    Yes if you can limit yourself.

I personally drink 2-4 Energy Drinks every two to three days, sometimes longer. I try to take a break every few days, I just think it helps.

Someone I know had a heart attack and died at the age of twenty-two years old. He drank about 8 a day, sometimes more, non-stop for a couple of years so if you can enjoy it in moderation, they can enjoy it like you do coffee and/or tea. Just don't be lazy otherwise you'll literally gain weight like never before. (Just walk, basic cardio, keep your metabolism up.)
    holy shit, 8 a fucking day?!

the most I have had is 4 in a day, right now I am having between 1 and 3, however will most likely cut down to 1 a day soon... and yeah, I try to get out as much as I can rather than being sat inside

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by BotizBoosting View Post
    Yeah, majority of people will always find an alternative route to get around the ban. All you need is someone 16+ who looks old enough or has ID and boom, there you have it.
    Thing is this is completely not true. Kids are not going to go through the effort of getting a 16+ guy to buy them energy drinks. Some will but it will stop the majority of under 16s from buying them as its such a bother just like with alcohol and cigarettes

You don't need energy drinks so I'd say I am 100% against them. All you need to not be tired, and be awake all day is 8 hrs sleep, and consistent water throughout the day (I drink 200ml per hour till I hit 3 litres for the day).

If you think 3 litres of water is a lot, your piss is meant to be clear. So you can gauge how much water to have by that

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast