Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Question Prescription Medications

So, my story starts with discovering my anxiety disorder around the age of ten. Sleeping with my parents until I was 14 should've been a tip off.
    The doctors have given me a whole bunch of medicinal cocktails and it encouraged me to try other harder drugs.
    I'm not terribly proud of it, but I've taken Xanax, Ritalin, Stratera, and other stims/depressants. I'm now 18.

I'm now prescribed with Abilify, Deplin (folic acid), Prozac, and a few other mood stabilizers who's names are lost on me.
    I just got diagnosed with bipolar II disorder and ADHD and got prescribed 30mg of Adderall twice a day. Should I be worried about a dependency having done other amphets or am I just being overly anxious?

Hoping for a serious discussion, thanks in advance guys

Selling Bitcoin!
    15% Rate
    $1.15 Paypal for Every $1 BTC
    Click to add me on IM!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    If your asking about forming an adderall dependency then I would say that it's unlikely. Adderall by itself doesn't actually do much other than make you much more focused thus not getting you addicted to it most of the time. My cousin for example has ADHD and was taking I think 80mg of adderall daily and stopped all of a sudden and she said she was fine. Although if you are very concerned I would say your best bet is to talk to your doctor or the person prescribing you the meds.
    Last edited by afried1; 11-22-2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Font Syntax

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by critikal17 View Post
    So, my story starts with discovering my anxiety disorder around the age of ten. Sleeping with my parents until I was 14 should've been a tip off.
    The doctors have given me a whole bunch of medicinal cocktails and it encouraged me to try other harder drugs.
    I'm not terribly proud of it, but I've taken Xanax, Ritalin, Stratera, and other stims/depressants. I'm now 18.

I'm now prescribed with Abilify, Deplin (folic acid), Prozac, and a few other mood stabilizers who's names are lost on me.
    I just got diagnosed with bipolar II disorder and ADHD and got prescribed 30mg of Adderall twice a day. Should I be worried about a dependency having done other amphets or am I just being overly anxious?

Hoping for a serious discussion, thanks in advance guys
    Why not try seeing another doctor or Psychiatrist for their opinion. Taking Adderall with your Bipolar just seems like a bad idea to me, i've looked at mechanisms of actions different drugs before and some conditions just because if find it kinda interesting. Adderall is a dopamine release-r and its also known with Bipolar that when you manic that also has to do with your brain increasing dopamine levels and some other chemicals in the brain. So seems like a bad idea to me or it might make that worse, stimulant generally make anxiety worse aswell. Personally i'd stick with something that doesn't make the bi-polar and anxiety worse over treating the ADHD.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw why has your doctor got you on Prozac, anti-depressents are known to make Bi-polar worse. Sounds like your doctor is a moron.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeds View Post
    Why not try seeing another doctor or Psychiatrist for their opinion. Taking Adderall with your Bipolar just seems like a bad idea to me, i've looked at mechanisms of actions different drugs before and some conditions just because if find it kinda interesting. Adderall is a dopamine release-r and its also known with Bipolar that when you manic that also has to do with your brain increasing dopamine levels and some other chemicals in the brain. So seems like a bad idea to me or it might make that worse, stimulant generally make anxiety worse aswell. Personally i'd stick with something that doesn't make the bi-polar and anxiety worse over treating the ADHD.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw why has your doctor got you on Prozac, anti-depressents are known to make Bi-polar worse. Sounds like your doctor is a moron.
    I'm on the Prozac because I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder when I was younger, and didn't get the bipolar title until much later. Not sure why he didn't take me off if it's bad for me, but I'm guessing it's because I've been on it for a few years now. Thanks for the explanation, it actually makes a lot of sense. Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by afried1 View Post
    If your asking about forming an adderall dependency then I would say that it's unlikely. Adderall by itself doesn't actually do much other than make you much more focused thus not getting you addicted to it most of the time. My cousin for example has ADHD and was taking I think 80mg of adderall daily and stopped all of a sudden and she said she was fine. Although if you are very concerned I would say your best bet is to talk to your doctor or the person prescribing you the meds.
    The only reason I worry is because there's a history of addiction in my family and while the issue is usually benzos not stims, I have the personality for it. However I'm super susceptible to the power of suggestion so if I tell myself I won't get addicted I can probably avoid it. Thanks for your input dude.

Selling Bitcoin!
    15% Rate
    $1.15 Paypal for Every $1 BTC
    Click to add me on IM!

Thanks
    Can try fitness

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I would try reading/workout out. Find new hobbies, just be content with yourself.

Thanks
    I have to say, you are really on a lot of medications. Abilify in particular is serious stuff.

But I'm not seeing any dangerous opioids there—no red flags. Stay on your meds and do what your doctors tell you.

Thanks
    Will have to check this out for sure.

Thanks
    I don't take prescription. Its bad

Thanks
    Whether you’re suffering from panic attacks, obsessive thoughts, unrelenting worries, or an incapacitating phobia, it’s important to know that you don’t have to live with anxiety and fear. Treatment can help, and for many anxiety problems, therapy is often the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy—unlike anxiety medication—treats more than just the symptoms of the problem. Therapy can help you uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears; learn how to relax; look at situations in new, less frightening ways; and develop better coping and problem-solving skills. Therapy gives you the tools to overcome anxiety and teaches you how to use them.

Thanks
    Whoa, that's a lot of prescription